Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Reading some of these replies, I'd swear some people think that Miami need a point guard just as much as they need a center. Which is just flat out not the case. Sure, it would be nice to get a point guard, but a decent center would help them way more. It's not like LeBron, Wade and Bosh rely on assists to score their points?

I think Miami needs a point simply because they need to start running a decent non stagnant offense. You want a center for defense or offense?

Would you guys think the outcome could've been a little different if they went to Bosh a bit more? .. Wade and Bron ISO/dominating the ball was there biggest weakness and it shows in the finals..

yes.. ive always said the ball needs to start with bosh.. bosh proves that he can put up points even vs noah and the bulls defense..
if we established bosh to get going they are gonna need to double him sooner or later and it will open up the lanes even more...
that is the way our half court offense should work... i really wanna be a uptempo team though...

Originally Posted by Goldmember

Would you guys think the outcome could've been a little different if they went to Bosh a bit more? .. Wade and Bron ISO/dominating the ball was there biggest weakness and it shows in the finals..

I don't know what your definition of "went to" is, but Bosh got exactly as many shots as LeBron over the finals.

I know most non heat fans have had quite a few lols at your squad's loss but in a reality any objective NBA (like myself) understand the following:

1. Miami is in a great position for the future. Losing in the finals will only up LeBron's dedication to improving his game.

2. It was amazing Miami even made the finals. Boston won in their first year but they were fortunate not to have the injury problems that got them the following year. I think a year with a healthy Miller and Udonis will really help them out.

3. Miami's lack of a consistent offense put way too much pressure on their defense. I'm sure a year in Spolestra's system will get guys more familiar on offense which will improve the offense. As good as Boston's defense was in 08 their offense had better spacing and movement than Miami's.

4. Chris Bosh had a really good year and he'll only get better. I'm sure Chris will look to get physically stronger in the offseason which will help their team.

5. Make minor tweeks at the center position

^Agreed on all points.

I feel like Chris Bosh was the most consistent out of the big three in the Finals. Considering he was the scapegoat for everything throughout the year, he remained the most confident in himself when it mattered.

Wade doesn't get enough criticism for their Finals loss honestly. Everyone called for him to be their closer and each close game they had he would dribble it off his foot or jump into traffic and turn the ball over.

It looked like Wade wore down in the finals. How many times did he pump fake? Miami lost because of inconsistent play all the way around, poor free throw shooting, refusal to adjust defensive philosophy against a great shooting team

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by Goldmember

I don't know what your definition of "went to" is, but Bosh got exactly as many shots as LeBron over the finals.
Which is a problem in itself. LBJ was scared to shoot the ball and allergic to the paint most of the time.

Originally Posted by aepps20

It looked like Wade wore down in the finals. How many times did he pump fake? Miami lost because of inconsistent play all the way around, poor free throw shooting, refusal to adjust defensive philosophy against a great shooting team

And that's the Key right there. Miami is not just a good defensive team but a great one! Offensive output can be adjusted, tweaked or what have you .. but being in the best defensive position to contest against a great shooting team takes a combination of effort, hustle, and sound coaching. We weren't as effective like we've grown accustomed to throughout the season in neither one of those categories during the Finals. But we're not even focused on those points anymore .... looking towards to progressing which we will considerably. Bosh's utilization even further supports my viewpoint of why a PG that can create will benefit his productivity even more. A PG that can penetrate and draw double teams and thus kicking out to Bosh either at the Low post or at the elbow will be like cake to Bosh. He got his shots off this season but I envision that they will come with even greater ease in the future. 

Pat Riley will sign the best players he can to put around this team.. so who ever he decides to sign would be good fit...

last offseason was interesting, because between July and August.. The heat did go after some good quality players..
(i.e. Raymond Felton, Raja Bell, Brandon Haywood, Derek Fisher).. but they settled with the players they had...

So, this offseason.. I think Pat Riley will negotiate deals with some quality players..
from what I've been listening to on miami's local sports radio shows on 790 The Ticket..
They are talking about guys like Baron Davis, Samuel Dalembert, Andre Miller, and Kwame Brown...

and also the Heat have the first pick in the second round of the Draft.. so it should be some good quality moves to improve the heat..

In Pat We Trust

Originally Posted by soychulo

Originally Posted by djuzi05

I'm wondering why a lot of Miami fans are satisfied that they made it to the Finals. An accomplishment, sure, but for a team like the Heat? I mean Lebron took his scrub Cleveland team to the Finals once, and pretty far into the playoffs several times. It really was a championship or bust season for them.
This is not true.  They were never expected to make the finals in the first year.  Anyone who has played knows that it takes a bit to come together as a team.  Miami did not have all the pieces for a complete team.  This Miami team is not even as complete as the Laker team that lost to the Pistons in the Finals.
BS. Pieces? A team like Dallas with one true superstar had to worry about pieces. A team like Boston with aging superstars had to worry about pieces. This year Pat filled the team out with able bodies and made it to the Finals. Judging from the Big Three's past I knew it was championship or bust for them. They put too much pressure on themselves by coming together to just go out in the second or third round. LeBron James averaged something like 17 points in the finals, if he adds ten more points per game the Heat probably win the title days ago. All year we had those three guys putting up between 60-80+ points every game, I don't know why they would think in the Finals of all places it would be any different.
30t6p3b.gif
And it's not like they got swept out. They were literally a few clutch drives from hoisting that trophy. I don't believe in that "theres always next year/it's only their first year/they're young" BS. You're inches away from victory you snatch it with no regard for your opposition. If Miami would've won it this year with all of the flaws that they had as a team that would've collectively sent a huge blow to every team and fan in the league. But they blew that opportunity. Next year will hopefully be nice but right now would've felt so much better..
tired.gif

I think the Heat should draft Norris Cole if he's still available. He can defend, penetrate with his agility, and shoot the 3 ball- which is exactly what we need at the 1.  

We had a crazy season this year, Im just mad we didnt win it all.
But isnt it crazy how everyone was telling lebron to pass the ball to wade in the 4th to close the game...yet when he does that, everyone says he is being TOO PASSIVE!! lol The guy cant catch a break. We will win it next year tho. I know we will

Smyrthil wrote:
They are talking about guys like Baron Davis, Samuel Dalembert, Andre Miller, and Kwame Brown...  
eek.gif
 Andre Miller, Dalembert, and TMAC (need this guy in a Heat uniform) with re-signing Chalmers would be a successful off-season. Maybe just as successful as last off-season...

Originally Posted by roboski

Smyrthil wrote:
eek.gif
 Andre Miller, Dalembert, and TMAC (need this guy in a Heat uniform) with re-signing Chalmers would be a successful off-season. Maybe just as successful as last off-season...

Andre and tmac would only be a temp fix. They would have to constant recycle/retool the team. I say the should get servicable young players.

Originally Posted by aepps20

I know most non heat fans have had quite a few lols at your squad's loss but in a reality any objective NBA (like myself) understand the following:

1. Miami is in a great position for the future. Losing in the finals will only up LeBron's dedication to improving his game.
I see where you're going with that, but he's never had much dedication toward improvement. If he did, he would have a few post moves by now.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Smyrthil wrote:
eek.gif

Andre and tmac would only be a temp fix. They would have to constant recycle/retool the team. I say the should get servicable young players.

True but i think having TMAC on this team would maximize his potential in what ever little he has left. Playing along side a new LBJ and Wade could bring out that competitve side out of TMAC. Maybe we could get 2 really good years outta him. Same goes for Andre Miller, he had a solid Andre Miller like year last season. I think at this stage he's a total 180 from having Bibby play the point plus his defense is good also.

But yeah having younger players would benefit but basketball doesn't necessary work like that. Also cost wise we have to work within our means. 

Originally Posted by knightngale

Chalmers is gone if that is what the Heat are offering. Unless he does not mind being underpaid like Haslem.

We can not lose both Chalmers and Bibby. That will limit what we can do with the MLE. I think the main thing is to bring some offense off the bench because the defense is already great.

I was gonna say that we need shooting but we already have James Jones and Mille and Chalmers if we can keep him.

I think the main things to do this off season is to implement a new offense and rely less on 1 on 1 except in the 4th quarter. Spoelstra needs to step up on that front or we will be out next year again
tired.gif
HOLD UP. Something ain't right here .
nerd.gif

Smyrthil wrote:

eek.gif

you're going to play miller with bron & wade? The spacing would be atrocious. same with mcgrady

They need a REAL point guard to run/add a REAL offense and a true Center. Standing around while one player dribbles aint getting you @+@#. Haslem finally got the point and started cutting to the basket/making himself available towards the last couple games. I thought they never made any adjustments on either end of the floor and blame the coach for that. However, had all the superstars shown up they could have pulled it off no doubt.

T-mac on the team would be so dope. 2 of my favorite players on the same team
eek.gif
pimp.gif

Back
Top Bottom