Originally Posted by Kevin Cleveland

Your organization is a real **** for that one. 
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 That's just mean.

He'll probably be Chalmer's backup PG.. so Bibby or House may not be back next season..

But thats a good move...cause they have 2 young PGs..
I hope Pat gets Dalembert as well..

So it can be Dalembert with Joel coming off the bench...
once they do that, the heat pretty much will have all they need for next season..

Dalembert, Bron, Wade, Bosh, Chalmers.. with Joel, Cole, Haslem, Miller coming off the bench is not bad at all...

Now that the draft is over, we can now FINALLY move on to more pressing concerns regarding this Miami Heat organization ...........................
[h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]
[/h1][h1]HEAT Dancer Auditions[/h1]Sunday, July 10th, 2011
hpg0809_dancer_090720_66.jpg

never a dull off-season for us Heat fans ... 
pimp.gif

Updated: June 24, 2011, 9:36 PM ET[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/font]
[h1]Pat Riley wants Heat younger, faster[/h1]
By Tom Haberstroh
ESPN.com
Archive

MIAMI -- Miami Heat president Pat Riley wants his team to get younger.

During a Friday conference call with the media, Riley said that the Heat's draft selection of speedy point guard Norris Cole is part of the organization's offseason strategy to get younger and faster heading into next season.

"There's going to be two roster spots left, maybe three, that we want to save to make sure that when free agency comes, that we have an opportunity to fill them with young, energetic, veteran players," Riley said.

With Cole, the Heat have nine players under contract for next season including LeBron James, Chris Bosh, Dwyane Wade, Udonis Haslem, Mike Miller, Joel Anthony, Dexter Pittman, and Zydrunas Ilgauskas, who officially opted in for 2011-12 on Wednesday.

As part of the effort to restock with younger players, Riley indicated that he is holding a three-day workout "this week" involving 15 players, including free agents.

"We're trying to get something in early," Riley said. "We're just trying to get in under the gun here and take a look at some players."

Riley also said that he expects Eddie House, 33, and James Jones, 30, to opt in for the 2011-12 season with the Heat.

Mario Chalmers can leave as a restricted free agent, but Riley included Chalmers in his outlook for next season, although the Heat still need to re-sign the third-year veteran once he hits the open market. The Heat have already extended a qualifying offer to Chalmers, which enables the club the right to match any offer from other teams in free agency.

If House, Jones, and Chalmers return to the Heat as Riley expects, Miami will have 12 spots filled on the 15-man roster.

The Heat fielded a notoriously aging roster last season, electing to fill the open spots with veterans on the league minimum instead of taking fliers with younger players. That gave the Heat more experience, but all the miles slowed them down and made them more susceptible to injury.

Despite boasting two of the most potent open court players in the league in James and Wade, the Heat ranked 21st in pace factor last season, which is a measure of possessions per 48 minutes. When asked about whether the Heat are looking to play more uptempo next season, Riley said he expects head coach Erik Spoelstra to step on the gas.

"That's going to be up to Erik and I think he will try to generate more of a running game next year than we had this year," Riley said. "But we haven't really sat down and discussed it since the end of the season. But we do want to get some quick players."

In his conference call, Riley never mentioned the names of Erick Dampier, 35, Juwan Howard, 38, Jamaal Magloire, 33, or Mike Bibby, 33.

All four players were on veteran minimum contracts last season and will hit free agency this summer. Riley gave no indication that any of those veterans will return to the Heat next season, but did emphasize that the Heat want to turn back the clock.

"That's how we've been built thus far," Riley said about the Heat's experienced roster. "We're going to add more young players to the mix through free agency if we can."

The NBA's collective bargaining agreement is set to expire on June 30 and if the players and owners can't come to an agreement before then, there will be a lockout beginning July 1.

There is a possibility that the Heat won't have the luxury of using a mid-level exception under the next CBA, which would severely hinder the Miami's flexibility to sign free agents. There is no word on whether there will be a hard or soft cap going forward.

Riley said he will have to wait and see how the labor talks affect his plans. "Once we know what we're dealing with and what the rules are, then we're going to try to be as aggressive as we've ever been in the free agent market to add to this team," Riley said.

"That's the only way we're going to be able to do it."

I like this Kid's confidence ...
[h1]Heat so needy at point, Riley welcomes rookie[/h1]

18a262e61a3e095f080fc1bc78883c698aa087dc_r.gif

Norris Cole has a unique distinction in Miami Heat draft history. The former Cleveland State guard, selected No. 28 overall in the NBA draft Thursday, is a first-round pick who is being viewed as a key member of a title contender.

That has never happened with this franchise. It rarely happens with NBA champions.

When the Heat were contending in the middle of the last decade they drafted 18-year-old swingman Dorell Wright with the 19th pick in 2004, Kansas forward Wayne Simien with the 29th pick in 2005, and acquired guard Daequan Cook, the 21st selection in 2007. All were expected to sit and learn.

When the Heat were contending in the late 1990s they selected New Mexico guard Charles Smith with the 26th pick in 1996 and University of Miami forward Tim James with the 25th pick of the 1999 draft. Their contributions would have been nice, but they weren’t required.

Cole’s contribution is almost required.

Starter Mario Chalmers likely returns — he’s a restricted free agent — but he needs a backup. The Heat will almost certainly sign a guard during free agency, either a point guard or a so-called “combo

Checking in fellas....been on hiatus since the loss but slowly getting back into and already ready for next year.
pimp.gif

i really hope this kid can put in work.... i was never big in college basketball... i still want beasley back though...

As much as I hate the Heat, that was a great pick for you guys. Thing is that team will not use him the way he should be because Wade and #6 dominate the ball too much. If Miami switches to an offense where its not all one on one, spot up threes, and jumpers, with more motion involved, dude will be gold for yall. If yall keep that same garbage offense, he will be a waste.

Originally Posted by mYToAsterspeak

As much as I hate the Heat, that was a great pick for you guys. Thing is that team will not use him the way he should be because Wade and #6 dominate the ball too much. If Miami switches to an offense where its not all one on one, spot up threes, and jumpers, with more motion involved, dude will be gold for yall. If yall keep that same garbage offense, he will be a waste.

I see how you could think this, but there is more to this than offense.  We did not have a player at the #1 spot who could stay in front of anyone.  Defensively this kid can be more disruptive than anyone we could put on the floor last year in the PG position.  So even if very few plays are run for him on offense he will pick up a few buckets on breaks.  But we were SLOW last year up top.  One player can make a difference in the defensive balance.  If he is pressuring the point guard it makes those passes to the wings that much harder for the opposing point guard.  That makes life much easier for Wade and James to shoot the passing lanes.  This past year Bibby had to play so far off of his man that you could have landed a plane between them.  Of if he closed they ran past him.
My feeling is even as a rookie he can contribute.  He won't be expected to set anyone up on offense nor score, just keep his man in front of him.

Originally Posted by roboski

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i really hope this kid can put in work.... i was never big in college basketball... i still want beasley Dorell Wright Daequan Cook back though...

Originally Posted by heirjordan15

Originally Posted by roboski

Originally Posted by YoungTriz

i really hope this kid can put in work.... i was never big in college basketball... i still want beasley Dorell Wright Daequan Cook back though...

beasley can create his own shot and he actually tries to rebound... DWright owed us for keeping is injured %@* for so long til he got healthy.. he could have at least gave us a discount.. i dont got no problems with cook but i still would take beasley over him...

mad.gif
 damn JJ better come back man ... Fuuuuuuu Spo !!!  man didn't get 1 minute in the finals

Originally Posted by Tunnel Vision

We dont have the money.....let's hope he takes a pay cut.

Send Riley his way asap...

I'm sure he already is.

Last day of transactions before the deadline expires in the AM .... Riles is aggressively pursuing Dalembert by the minute. Apparently Dalembert's vocalized his strong interest in playing with the Heat primarily due to his strong ties to project Medishare with helping to recover his home country (AND MINE) of Haiti ... SAK PASE!!!!

Back
Top Bottom