Why are people saying they want T Mac? What can he bring to the team that they don't already have? He's far past his prime and can be of no extra benefit to the team.

Miami needs a real center. Someone with size and length, and someone who can use that to his advantage on boards and getting post production in points.

They also need some role playing depth coming from their bench.

Shouting out big name's that's past their prime just to see your favorite player get a ring isn't going to help this team really get a ring.
Gotta think realistically.

hella handsome wrote:
Why are people saying they want T Mac? What can he bring to the team that they don't already have? He's far past his prime and can be of no extra benefit to the team.

Miami needs a real center. Someone with size and length, and someone who can use that to his advantage on boards and getting post production in points.

Shouting out big name's that's past their prime just to see your favorite player get a ring isn't going to help this team really get a ring.
My point exactly, there is absolutely no need to bring in TMac or Allen Iverson. Those players are washed up scorers. They fill no need and will just take up roster spots for player the Heat really need.

I really like the Dalenbert move. I think he'll fit right in. He's a more polished Joel Anthony type player with size. Nene is also a good player who can bring some toughness and rebounding with his athleticism.

At the end of the day the future is bright for this team as long as Pat Reilly is at the helm and making moves. Hopefully the CBA can be done sooner than later so we can set things in motion. This summer will be very interesting....

Originally Posted by SpottieOttie305

hella handsome wrote:

My point exactly, there is absolutely no need to bring in TMac or Allen Iverson. Those players are washed up scorers. They fill no need and will just take up roster spots for player the Heat really need.

I really like the Dalenbert move. I think he'll fit right in. He's a more polished Joel Anthony type player with size. Nene is also a good player who can bring some toughness and rebounding with his athleticism.

At the end of the day the future is bright for this team as long as Pat Reilly is at the helm and making moves. Hopefully the CBA can be done sooner than later so we can set things in motion. This summer will be very interesting....

23u3dqo.jpg

Neither mcgrady nor iverson can shoot. They would be an awful fit with wade/bron. The only perimeter guys that will be signed are shooters

thanks for the shout out cool... i have come a long way from being a 19 year old father, now being 29 ( in a day ) with 2 kids....

^Very nice man! Hope the HEAT bounce back again from this finals lose... I know I have! Lets GO HEAT! I hope the HEAT management get some decent players to improve this very dangerous team! 2012 baby!

who cares who the heat draft lol..

I wanna see who the heat will sign in free agency.. perhaps Samuel Dalembert..

SpottieOttie305 wrote:
hella handsome wrote:

Maybe u guys dont know that Miami only has a MLE for next season and that MLE= 5-6million dollars . And thats only if everything goes as to plan with the new CBA...

And for that MLE i expect Miami to use that on a center like a Sam Dalembert. Now u guys want to talk about young fresh talent coming of the bench who are we going to get and with what money?? When u see me say and others say lets shop for guys like TMac, Grant Hill, Shane Battier, Tj Ford, and Kenyon Martin is cause that's all we can afford with our VETERANS MINIMUM CLAUSE. 

TMac, Grant Hill, Shane Battier, and Kenyon Martin are all still servicable and are better options off the bench then what we had this season (other then Miller/Haslem injuries)

PG: Chalmers, TJ Ford or 1st rd pick 2011
SG: Wade, House
SF: Bron, Grant Hill, TMac, Mike Miller, James Jones
PF: Bosh, Haslem, Kenyon Martin
C. Dalembert, Joel, Pittman

That right there is probably the best we can do this off season giving the amount of money we have to work with.

Originally Posted by roboski

SpottieOttie305 wrote:
hella handsome wrote:

Maybe u guys dont know that Miami only has a MLE for next season and that MLE= 5-6million dollars . And thats only if everything goes as to plan with the new CBA...

And for that MLE i expect Miami to use that on a center like a Sam Dalembert. Now u guys want to talk about young fresh talent coming of the bench who are we going to get and with what money?? When u see me say and others say lets shop for guys like TMac, Grant Hill, Shane Battier, Tj Ford, and Kenyon Martin is cause that's all we can afford with our VETERANS MINIMUM CLAUSE. 

TMac, Grant Hill, Shane Battier, and Kenyon Martin are all still servicable and are better options off the bench then what we had this season (other then Miller/Haslem injuries)

PG: Chalmers, TJ Ford or 1st rd pick 2011
SG: Wade, House
SF: Bron, Grant Hill, TMac, Mike Miller, James Jones
PF: Bosh, Haslem, Kenyon Martin
C. Dalembert, Joel, Pittman

That right there is probably the best we can do this off season giving the amount of money we have to work with.
As cobbled together as that lineup looks it's three times as good a bench as we had this past season.
smile.gif

Cole had one of the fastest agility times at the combine in quite some time. And unlike Chalmers, he can break down a defense off the dribble, nor will he struggle against a press defense.

He's been talked about quite a bit in this thread leading up to the draft so I'm not surprised at all with the selection ..... he'll be a great fit on this team

Back
Top Bottom