48÷2(9+3) = ???

Originally Posted by usainboltisfast

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I can't even view your sheet.

And your still missing the point. No reputable site would even post this problem without directions.

If a site clearly says using order of operations, it's obviously going to be 288.

Now, if it says using what you know, solve, two answers are possible.

Y'all not getting the point and this thread is already dead. Peace.
Son are you saying you can solve a problem without following order of operations?

lmao...this latest argument is the worst i've seen in the thread.

so you can just choose if you want to use the order of operations or not, based on the 'directions' (or lack there of) given with the problem?

the rest of team 2 won't even back you up on this one...

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

I can't even view your sheet.

And your still missing the point. No reputable site would even post this problem without directions.

If a site clearly says using order of operations, it's obviously going to be 288.

Now, if it says using what you know, solve, two answers are possible.

Y'all not getting the point and this thread is already dead. Peace.
Son are you saying you can solve a problem without following order of operations?

lmao...this latest argument is the worst i've seen in the thread.

so you can just choose if you want to use the order of operations or not, based on the 'directions' (or lack there of) given with the problem?

the rest of team 2 won't even back you up on this one...

-waystinthyme

Originally Posted by Dragon

FOR THE 2 BELIEVERS ONLY!

SOLVE QUESTION 7 ON THIS PAGE
http://amby.com/educate/ord-op/pretest.html

/ether
/thread
this is just giving more reinforcement for the 2 believers, if that was your plan. I got everything right.....

again, you didn't go to the website, answer the question or check your score...if you did, you'd see that the answer to the question is 33. meaning you have to divide 36 by 4, before multiplying 9 (36 divided by 4) by the amount in the parenthesis (3; which we got from 5-2). 

this supports team 288, not team 2. 

you are free to join, once you realize you're wrong...we won't fault you for your previously held beliefs.

-waystinthyme

/ether
/thread
this is just giving more reinforcement for the 2 believers, if that was your plan. I got everything right.....

again, you didn't go to the website, answer the question or check your score...if you did, you'd see that the answer to the question is 33. meaning you have to divide 36 by 4, before multiplying 9 (36 divided by 4) by the amount in the parenthesis (3; which we got from 5-2). 

you are free to join, once you realize you're wrong...we won't fault you for your previously held beliefs.

-waystinthyme

/ether
/thread

According to 2 believes your would solve this problem:

[size=-0][size=+1] 36 ÷ 4(5 - 2) + 6 =

36 / 4 (3) + 6

36 / 12 + 6

3 + 6

=

which is wrong
[/size]
[/size]

/ether
/thread

36 / 4 (3) + 6

36 / 12 + 6

3 + 6

=

which is wrong
[/size]
[/size]

I see why this thread was locked the first time, you nick burns passive aggressive geeks can't keep it in your pants and keep it civil.

I see why this thread was locked the first time, you nick burns passive aggressive geeks can't keep it in your pants and keep it civil.

Originally Posted by waystinthyme

/ether
/thread

-waystinthyme

haha , NEVER! 

/ether
/thread

-waystinthyme

haha , NEVER! 

Originally Posted by Mark Antony

And you're doing such a great job of keeping it civil. 

And you're doing such a great job of keeping it civil. 

pot calling the kettle black? your comments don't sound very civil either...

-waystinthyme

-waystinthyme

/ether
/thread

36 / 4 (3) + 6

36 / 12 + 6

3 + 6

=

which is wrong
[/size]
[/size]

laugh.gif
 dragon explain how this is reinforcement to two believers?

#team288fromthestart

/ether
/thread

36 / 4 (3) + 6

36 / 12 + 6

3 + 6

=

which is wrong
[/size]
[/size]

laugh.gif
 dragon explain how this is reinforcement to two believers?

#team288fromthestart

-waystinthyme

If i don't say it, how do i get my point across? wag my finger at the monitor?

-waystinthyme

So after 68 pages, how many still believe the answer is 2? I always liked math because the rules for it haven't changed in hundreds, maybe thousands of years but apparently I've been made aware there can now be several answers depending on the instructions
eyes.gif
. Those who say 2 need to go back to their elementary school teacher and have it taught to them again, because that's what this problem is, 6th grade math.

So after 68 pages, how many still believe the answer is 2? I always liked math because the rules for it haven't changed in hundreds, maybe thousands of years but apparently I've been made aware there can now be several answers depending on the instructions
eyes.gif
. Those who say 2 need to go back to their elementary school teacher and have it taught to them again, because that's what this problem is, 6th grade math.

-waystinthyme

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom