Everyone saying 2 are a buncha idiots.
roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

How so? what do you have to add?

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Did you read the reasoning above? You're obviously someone who's very foolish. What's the extent of your math knowledge and how long has it been since you properly applied it? After reading our reasoning above, which defeats all of your reasoning, feel free to explain your reasoning again. Otherwise, you're the idiot.

Originally Posted by LimitedRetroOG

roll.gif
30t6p3b.gif

Did you read the reasoning above? You're obviously someone who's very foolish. What's the extent of your math knowledge and how long has it been since you properly applied it? After reading our reasoning above, which defeats all of your reasoning, feel free to explain your reasoning again. Otherwise, you're the idiot.

Well, after much research across the internet, it is clear that there is no true consensus.

While some people are following strictly the order of operations, which is in fact accepted by everyone, they are getting the answer of 288.

But other people are using the juxtaposition due to the parentheses, which is varied in its acceptance, and they are getting the answer of 2.

It really depends on if you accept juxtaposition and the opinions and responses on it are quite varied.

We have people ranging from math professors, nuclear engineers, NASA employees, all getting various answers depending on how they have been taught.

So, juxtaposition leads you to 2, and not using it leads to 288, and well, I don't know what is truly the answer anymore.
laugh.gif

Well, after much research across the internet, it is clear that there is no true consensus.

While some people are following strictly the order of operations, which is in fact accepted by everyone, they are getting the answer of 288.

But other people are using the juxtaposition due to the parentheses, which is varied in its acceptance, and they are getting the answer of 2.

It really depends on if you accept juxtaposition and the opinions and responses on it are quite varied.

We have people ranging from math professors, nuclear engineers, NASA employees, all getting various answers depending on how they have been taught.

So, juxtaposition leads you to 2, and not using it leads to 288, and well, I don't know what is truly the answer anymore.
laugh.gif

I already posted my reasoning a few pages back:
Why the hell is everyone so confused by this? The answer is CLEARLY 288.
You do the parentheses first, so 9+3=12.
Which leaves you with 48÷2*12
Then you go from left to right.
48÷2=24.
24*12=288.
THE DAMN ANSWER IS 288.

I already posted my reasoning a few pages back:
Why the hell is everyone so confused by this? The answer is CLEARLY 288.
You do the parentheses first, so 9+3=12.
Which leaves you with 48÷2*12
Then you go from left to right.
48÷2=24.
24*12=288.
THE DAMN ANSWER IS 288.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

laugh.gif
Word.  If it's not on reddit, someone post it.

Originally Posted by snakeyes17

laugh.gif
Word.  If it's not on reddit, someone post it.

asked my math teacher, she says 288

asked my ti-89, it says 288

PEMDAS says 288

because 48 / 2(12)

the multiplication/division part goes from left to right, so divide 48 by 2 first, then multiply by 12

asked my math teacher, she says 288

asked my ti-89, it says 288

PEMDAS says 288

because 48 / 2(12)

the multiplication/division part goes from left to right, so divide 48 by 2 first, then multiply by 12

Back
Top Bottom