5 pm crash??? How to get rid of this?

At about 430 everyday (at work) I start feeling tireeeeddd.  I just want to get home, put on some hoops and go to sleep. However, if I take a nap (always last 2 hours or so), I don't end up falling asleep till 1 or 2 am.  Then I don't feel great when I got to wake up at 645 or 7.  How do I train my body NOT to want this 5 pm nap.  I just have a general feeling of sleepiness from 5-9 pm.  Once i get to 9 pm I'm fine.  Anyone else like this?

At about 430 everyday (at work) I start feeling tireeeeddd.  I just want to get home, put on some hoops and go to sleep. However, if I take a nap (always last 2 hours or so), I don't end up falling asleep till 1 or 2 am.  Then I don't feel great when I got to wake up at 645 or 7.  How do I train my body NOT to want this 5 pm nap.  I just have a general feeling of sleepiness from 5-9 pm.  Once i get to 9 pm I'm fine.  Anyone else like this?

If I go to bed at 1130 and get up at 715, I still feel 5-9 pm drowsyish. Don't most people? What do you do to combat this?

If I go to bed at 1130 and get up at 715, I still feel 5-9 pm drowsyish. Don't most people? What do you do to combat this?

I dip tobacco, so that gives me a boost throughout the day. don't recommend my nasty habit. but I try to run 4 miles in the morning every day just so I can feel high.

I dip tobacco, so that gives me a boost throughout the day. don't recommend my nasty habit. but I try to run 4 miles in the morning every day just so I can feel high.

I work out usually at that time. They do say that that time period is the best for exercise.
laugh.gif
Got used to this already.

I say, grab some carbs so you get some energy and try to be active during that period?

I work out usually at that time. They do say that that time period is the best for exercise.
laugh.gif
Got used to this already.

I say, grab some carbs so you get some energy and try to be active during that period?

Alot people feel the same way. The only thing I can say is if you have to wake up at 7 AM go to bed at 10PM but alot people don't do this though and are chronically tired.

Alot people feel the same way. The only thing I can say is if you have to wake up at 7 AM go to bed at 10PM but alot people don't do this though and are chronically tired.

you ever try to go to sleep and after a few minutes, you get a call/text and you suddenly feel energized?  limit your 5pm nap to only 15-30 min.It really does wonders

Take a 15 minute nap during your lunch break. No more, no less.

It'll get you through the rest of your work day.

Take a 15 minute nap during your lunch break. No more, no less.

It'll get you through the rest of your work day.

you ever try to go to sleep and after a few minutes, you get a call/text and you suddenly feel energized?  limit your 5pm nap to only 15-30 min.It really does wonders

i feel it around same time as you, after i get off work and get home its around 530 and i usually crash at 6 and end up nappnig for like 4 hours...
cant help it, then end up sleeping at like 2 or 3 am and wake up at 650 to go to work and same %+%% happens.

i feel it around same time as you, after i get off work and get home its around 530 and i usually crash at 6 and end up nappnig for like 4 hours...
cant help it, then end up sleeping at like 2 or 3 am and wake up at 650 to go to work and same %+%% happens.

stay hydrated, light snacks between meals, do something active during that down time

Back
Top Bottom