5 years ago today, a dope album came out

kanye-west-x-kaws-808s-and-heartbreak-1.jpg

I thought it was an ok album at first. But listening to it a couple of times, I started to like it more.
My top 3 tracks

Last edited:
808's and Graduation are Ye's most underrate albums. Whether you'd like to admit it or not, 808's paved the way for Drake's style to become acceptable today. Say You Will, Bad News, and Amazing are my favorites.

Yeah this album was all I listened to for like a month. Don't play it much these days but if I ever get depressed I guess I would :lol:

Great CD

This album came on shuffle in my friends car a few weeks ago... other than a few songs it's laughable

My god-sister getting married by the lake
But I couldn't figure out who I'd wanna take
Bad enough that I showed up late
I had to leave before they even cut the cake
Welcome to heartbreak

:rofl:

When news first surfaced that he was gonna make a non-rap autotune album, I never thought he would actually go through with it.

Joint is buns, but it's still better than Yeezus

mean.gif
@ all the hate.

His 2nd best album, srs.

Bad News

Paranoid

Coldest Winter

Street Lights

pimp.gif
 x hunnid

The production on this album was :smokin

A few songs I could do away with but this is top 3 of his albums.

Yeezus is so damn awful :rofl:

Last edited:
Blood on the Leaves is better than everything on that album though. Yeezus has a bunch of good songs, that album only has Amazing.

This dropped during my college yrs I remember me & my potnaz in my apartment & "Love lockdown" video came on..We like WTF WAS THAT KANYE?? [emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji][emoji]128514[/emoji] this album was lame this album helped spawn the careers of DRAKE,KID CUDI etc & all those softie cry baby artist...That album was the worst by far I was too busy bumpin "TRILLA" & "THE RECESSION"

I think you only like this album if you were going thru something when u heard it...that being said, fourth best Ye album behind CD, MBDTF, and LR in that order

It's seriously been 5 years already? Damn.

With that said, I still listen to this album to this day. :nthat:

One of his best, well put together albums IMO. I could literally play the joint front to back still.

-Drew

808's and Graduation are Ye's most underrate albums. Whether you'd like to admit it or not, 808's paved the way for Drake's style to become acceptable today. Say You Will, Bad News, and Amazing are my favorites.
Paranoid

Graduation is not overrated on planet earth.

And just cuz it paved a new style for another artist, doesn't make it good. Drake just off the fact he didn't need auto tune. Still a weak style IMO.

Album was decent, only liked Amazing & Paranoid a lot. Whereas his previous albums all had hits entirely thru.

Before Yeezus this was his worse album and it still has some good songs on it. it was ok, I took it for what it was. He going through a lot of **** at the time and this is how he delt with it.

Whether you'd like to admit it or not, 808's paved the way for Drake's style to become acceptable today.

That's not a good thing champ.

:lol: Drake has been tryna recreate this album ever since.

Back
Top Bottom