5 years ago today, a dope album came out

wow can't believe this dropped 5 years ago :wow: it feels like just yesterday i was playing this every day in school with my boys during study hall :lol:

didn't like it at first, but once i came around to him really stepping outside of the box & going completely left of what he normally does, i began to appreciate it. i can play it straight through no problems :pimp:

pinocchio story :frown:
paranoid puts me in such a great mood :lol:
welcome to heartbreak... easily my favorite cut off the album. cudi :pimp:
coldest winter :smokin :smokin

his performance of tracks off the album on vh1 story tellers :pimp:

HATED this when it came out. i was sooooo pissed when i heard it man. :smh:

and it has nothing to do w/ the experimental nature. Love Below is in my top 10

and i listen to way more genre's than rap so that excuse is so tired.

I think this lp is pretty cool. Has some good but depressing music on here, so I didnt listen as often as I wanted to.

The bounce on this joint :x :

Heartless= Blood on the leaves, imo

Always hoped weezy would spazz on this track

Last edited:
I actually loved this album. I revisit it from time to time when I'm chilling. Pretty much rocked with... Actually, after looking at the tracklist, I can't find a song I don't like. See You in My Nightmares was stuck in my head for the longest.

Great album.

808s + Graduation are two of most influential rap albums of the 2000s. You can see their DNA everywhere.

We really need to stop with "birthdays" for albums.

Especially ******** albums. This, Watch The Throne etc.

It's hysterical how much people buy into Kanye's "influence".

Y'all act like Tribe, DeLa, Mos Def ("Umi Says" anyone?), Kweli, The Roots, NERD etc. never existed :lol:

When Drake was doing Drake before this album even dropped.

Plus Drake is more straight ahead R+B where Kanye likes to ride that New Wave/ElectroPop tip.

Last edited:
Hated 808s at first but it grew on me but IMO

So Far Gone>>>>808s

Last edited:
Classic in my book.
glasses.gif
smokin.gif
i love your book, b :smokin

This album is pretty great. it sounds so good.

But all of Drakes music is good and this is terrible.....

:lol:

Last edited:
I wanted to hate this album so much when it dropped but I LOVE this MF album. Stone cold beware a man scorned type situation. My brother was going through it with Baby Momma when this came out, so we used to bump the hell out of this and laugh. Might need to put this back in rotation.

Man this album definitely is one of my favorites. Kanye stepped outside the box with this one helped create a sound that many others duplicate even in today's modern day hip-hop. Good music, still relevant with fire production? I'll take it. 

Paranoid 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Heartless 
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Love Lockdown
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Amazing
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Coldest Winter
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i may be late, but i read somewhere that this beat was produced for Kanye and was meant to be on the 808's album but never made the cut...i would have preferred Kanye over it:

Back
Top Bottom