-----50 Cent VS JAY-Z (KING of NEW YORK)------

Originally Posted by bluedeniro

Originally Posted by FlatbushFiyah23

Originally Posted by SEND ONE

Rap beef is so tired.....can we seriously just get back to making good music?!
We should be able to have both. Battles used to light fires under $+*$%. Rap beef is boring when everything but good music is being done.

Fair point....I agree with that. I would have no problems with battles (not made into more than what they are) with rappers challenging each other lyrically. But when you have an artist like 50 who isn't putting out good music and purely sparking a beef for hype it becomes corny. Those that continuously want to see these beefs are the same people who accept the low quality of music being produced for the masses.
50 album is pretty good i dont know what your talking bout listen to the album first dont just stan and say he aint putting out good music 50 been putting out heat all year since his sumer mixtapes so later for that he need good music stuff

LOL @ this guy saying I am stan when you have no idea what I have listened to. I am sorry you feel some kind of way because I said 50 is not putting out goodmusic. I am saying he has not put out good music because I have listened to the so called "heat he as been putting out all year" and its not good.However, you think it is good and thats cool. I just feel sorry for your ears.

Originally Posted by HipHopDoc09

Originally Posted by IKnowRap

This battles not gonna happen on wax and probably not at all. An average rapper vs a snobby rapper. Pure publicity we're not going to see anything happen. 50 will keep being wreckless until his album blows over and jay will comment here and there with sublminals.

yawn
good point but my question is if jay doesnt respond can he still claim to be the top dog
Jay is on sum Obama ishh right now....it makes no sense in his eyes to turn around

Battling 50 for the King of New York is senseless...so I think he stays quiet...50 keep goin at him still wont make 50 top dawg cuz what are ppl gonna hold up as a vaild point when he doesnt run anything music wise anymore?

I just dont see the Mecca of Hip-Hop callin 50 King of New York, without the quality of music that he once had standing behind him...or the lyrical powerness
but Jay certainly doesnt deserve it because he wont/cant defend it. If you claim to be so great and you run New York, when people go at you defend it. He actin like he bigger than hip hop and i dont lik dat %%@.
Thats not acting like your bigger than hip-hop.....its called maturity and choosing not engage in childish battles with those beneath you. Some people are not worth your time and that may be indeed just how Jay feels....sometimes the best response to ignorance is no response at all but learning that comes with maturity.
.....but Jim Jones is?

I think this battle was won before it even started. King of New york?? Empire state of mind is the #1 record in the country and its about hustlin in newYork..it dosent get realer then that. Jay got everybody screamin out NEW YORK! ..checkmate

We should be able to have both. Battles used to light fires under $+*$%. Rap beef is boring when everything but good music is being done.

Fair point....I agree with that. I would have no problems with battles (not made into more than what they are) with rappers challenging each other lyrically. But when you have an artist like 50 who isn't putting out good music and purely sparking a beef for hype it becomes corny. Those that continuously want to see these beefs are the same people who accept the low quality of music being produced for the masses.
50 album is pretty good i dont know what your talking bout listen to the album first dont just stan and say he aint putting out good music 50 been putting out heat all year since his sumer mixtapes so later for that he need good music stuff

LOL @ this guy saying I am stan when you have no idea what I have listened to. I am sorry you feel some kind of way because I said 50 is not putting out good music. I am saying he has not put out good music because I have listened to the so called "heat he as been putting out all year" and its not good. However, you think it is good and thats cool. I just feel sorry for your ears.

okay you got you just dont like 50 so cool but jay-z is a herb snob and if he dont respond he is gonna lose hella points with people watch

It aint even about 50 putting out good music or not, cause I think he does. But when it comes time for confrontation he seems to put most of his energy on hisside tactics. Which I'll admit I find amusing at times. But he should put all his energy into the records and leave it at that.

Originally Posted by Master Zik

This battles not gonna happen on wax and probably not at all. An average rapper vs a snobby rapper. Pure publicity we're not going to see anything happen. 50 will keep being wreckless until his album blows over and jay will comment here and there with sublminals.

yawn
good point but my question is if jay doesnt respond can he still claim to be the top dog
Jay is on sum Obama ishh right now....it makes no sense in his eyes to turn around

Battling 50 for the King of New York is senseless...so I think he stays quiet...50 keep goin at him still wont make 50 top dawg cuz what are ppl gonna hold up as a vaild point when he doesnt run anything music wise anymore?

I just dont see the Mecca of Hip-Hop callin 50 King of New York, without the quality of music that he once had standing behind him...or the lyrical powerness
but Jay certainly doesnt deserve it because he wont/cant defend it. If you claim to be so great and you run New York, when people go at you defend it. He actin like he bigger than hip hop and i dont lik dat %%@.
Thats not acting like your bigger than hip-hop.....its called maturity and choosing not engage in childish battles with those beneath you. Some people are not worth your time and that may be indeed just how Jay feels....sometimes the best response to ignorance is no response at all but learning that comes with maturity.
.....but Jim Jones is?

I cant answer that only Jay can maybe Jay felt that he was and chose to respond. Sometimes it just is what it is. What I don't get is why people still careif he responds or not?! The focus should be on making good music.

LOL @ this guy saying I am stan when you have no idea what I have listened to. I am sorry you feel some kind of way because I said 50 is not putting out good music. I am saying he has not put out good music because I have listened to the so called "heat he as been putting out all year" and its not good. However, you think it is good and thats cool. I just feel sorry for your ears.

okay you got you just dont like 50 so cool but jay-z is a herb snob and if he dont respond he is gonna lose hella points with people watch

I never said I do not like 50 but once again you assumed like you assumed I haven't listened to his latest material. You know what they say about those whoassume. Anyways your right Jay is a herb snob and he will lose "hella points" just because you said so! Thanks for the forewarning....muchappreciated!

.....but Jim Jones is?
IMO Kings/Legends reply how and whenever they feel like they want to, to whoever. Seeing as how 50 Cent doesn't fit intoeither or those categories, especially the latter one I think it's safe to say that all roads lead to a dead end for 50 Cent.

yawn

.....but Jim Jones is?
I cant answer that only Jay can maybe Jay felt that he was and chose to respond. Sometimes it just is what it is. What I don't get is why people still care if he responds or not?! The focus should be on making good music.
So let me get this straight after responding to NaS maybe Jim Jones was the next worthy opponent for Jay-Z?

See I was okay with that arrogant excuse you stated but that got thrown out the window when he responded to Jim Jones. JIM %!@+++% JONES? How could you evensay maybe to that?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
For me it goes back to what everybody else thinks Jay picks and chooseswho to battle and when to battle them. It's not cuz he thinks he's better than them lyrically or accomplishment wise or money wise. Most of his fanslet him get away with not engaging in an actual battle since the last time he did that he took a L.

As for focusing on battles instead of good music. I agree with what Send One said. Who says we can't have both? From the 90s it's proven that goodbattles usually motivate and generate good music. Nobody's focusing on beefs ahead of good music. We had both at one time in hip hop. Aint nothing wrongwith calling out bs excuses for why a person won't battle another person. There's either a valid reason or they're scared and/or lazy.

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

the greatest hip hop battle ever is BDP-vs-Juice Crew.

gucci vs jeezy(lmao !+# is juice crew that #@+* sound sooo lame)

I think he chose to reply to Jim Jones cuz jimmy was actually close to his situation...he actually knew the dude and...the dude closest association was damedash who Jay was in bidness with for 10-12 years

Jay could have felt like it was lil more personal...where as some of these guys ala 50 cent just "is tryin to score points off"

but when I say Jay is in a different space from when he diss jimmy which was 3 years ago...cuz he has even more eyes on him now, he has even more oppurtunitesopen for him now....gettin into an all out war with sumbody prolly aint a good look for him when he performed at the inagural ball...ya know

yawn

.....but Jim Jones is?
I cant answer that only Jay can maybe Jay felt that he was and chose to respond. Sometimes it just is what it is. What I don't get is why people still care if he responds or not?! The focus should be on making good music.
So let me get this straight after responding to NaS maybe Jim Jones was the next worthy opponent for Jay-Z?

See I was okay with that arrogant excuse you stated but that got thrown out the window when he responded to Jim Jones. JIM %!@+++% JONES? How could you even say maybe to that?
laugh.gif
indifferent.gif
For me it goes back to what everybody else thinks Jay picks and chooses who to battle and when to battle them. It's not cuz he thinks he's better than them lyrically or accomplishment wise or money wise. Most of his fans let him get away with not engaging in an actual battle since the last time he did that he took a L.

As for focusing on battles instead of good music. I agree with what Send One said. Who says we can't have both? From the 90s it's proven that good battles usually motivate and generate good music. Nobody's focusing on beefs ahead of good music. We had both at one time in hip hop. Aint nothing wrong with calling out bs excuses for why a person won't battle another person. There's either a valid reason or they're scared and/or lazy.

Like I said and will state again I don't know who Jay feels is worthy and neither do you. Neither of us know so why even discuss....in fact why do you oranyone else care?! LOL! I agree we can have both battles and good music but in todays rap climate and here on NT there seems to be unnecessary hype for futilebeef. I used to like rap battles but honestly as I have grown older I have grown less fond of it. And for the record picking your battles or choosing who torespond to is not arrogant or as you stated an "arrogant excuse." Thats like saying if a fellow NT'er continuously makes ignorant remarks towardsme that I SHOULD respond to him. Personally I have no time for e-beef so I would ignore his or her ignorance and keep it moving. Ignoring ignorance doesn'tmake anyone arrogant at all. However, some people on here percieve that if you don't respond to someone that is "taking an L" or a sign ofweakness. I feel sorry for those who think that way and basically sum it up to the fact that they haven't matured.....everything negative directed your waydoes not always deserve a response.

Originally Posted by Deuce King

.....but Jim Jones is?
IMO Kings/Legends reply how and whenever they feel like they want to, to whoever. Seeing as how 50 Cent doesn't fit into either or those categories, especially the latter one I think it's safe to say that all roads lead to a dead end for 50 Cent.
This post don't even make sense. you go from categorizing Jay as a king/legend ans then say Curtis isn't either as if that pertains to theprevious statement. You aint say nothing about kings/legends responding to other kings/legends.

Let me get this straight tho. It's okay for Jay to not respond with a diss record to Cam'ron but it's okay for him to immediately diss Jim Jones?You have no problem with that hypocrisy? Jay made the excuse of he aint wanna respond to Cam cuz he had an album dropping and it was all apart of his plan tostart a buzz BUT Jay goes ahead and does exactly that for Jim Jones when he has his biggest single of his career?
laugh.gif
A diss that only gave Jim Jones single an extra month of life cuz of Jay? Yourespect that?

What you're saying makes no sense. Ignoring dudes with actual skill for the pauper in the crew? Just be truthful Jay went at the dude he had nothing togain from other than getting rid of him and nothing to lose if he lost as opposed to someone that could've put more chinks in his armor and that allegeduntouchable status yall think he has.

I'm willing to here some reasonable explanations for this choice of an opponent in battling but don't come with that bull @+!+ stupidity. Side steppinglogic.

Originally Posted by KICKS OFF

the greatest hip hop battle ever is BDP-vs-Juice Crew.

You mean BDP Vs MC Shan, the rest of them Juice Crew cats didn't even have his back

"I don't run rap no more, I run the map."
I highly doubt Jay is concerned with rap now days.

Like I said and will state again I don't know who Jay feels is worthy and neither do you. Neither of us know so why even discuss....in fact why do you or anyone else care?! LOL! I agree we can have both battles and good music but in todays rap climate and here on NT there seems to be unnecessary hype for futile beef. I used to like rap battles but honestly as I have grown older I have grown less fond of it. And for the record picking your battles or choosing who to respond to is not arrogant or as you stated an "arrogant excuse." Thats like saying if a fellow NT'er continuously makes ignorant remarks towards me that I SHOULD respond to him. Personally I have no time for e-beef so I would ignore his or her ignorance and keep it moving. Ignoring ignorance doesn't make anyone arrogant at all. However, some people on here percieve that if you don't respond to someone that is "taking an L" or a sign of weakness. I feel sorry for those who think that way and basically sum it up to the fact that they haven't matured.....everything negative directed your way does not always deserve a response.
I didn't ask for you to tell me what you think Jay was thinking when he did that or the exact reason he decided to do that. I'm lookingfor some plausible/logical/acceptable reasons to choose Jim Jones of all ppl to respond to cuz I can't think of any. I aint saying what you suggest has tobe the reason but anything that could make sense of that whole situation when it went down would be something I'd appreciate. I'll repeat I'm notand never did ask you a question you can't know.

Now why do I care? Why do I discuss it? Cuz you just brought up an invalid excuse for why Jay shouldn't respond to Curtis. Did you forget what you justposted? You can't follow where I'm going with this? I'll quote "choosing not engage in childish battles with those beneath you. Some peopleare not worth your time" So Cam'ron, 50 Cent, Joe Budden are even beneath Jim Jones in Jay-Z's eyes? See nobody's gonna believe that bs. Thatargument no longer is valid. That's why I discussed it. That's why I care. I mean maybe we differ here but I'd actually like to see someone ofJay's caliber at the time battle some other prominent rappers in the game. I'd actually like to see him get a W in a battle. You may not care, fine butthen I'd wonder why you even in this thread defending him with excuses that no longer apply.

Now on to this ignoring ignorance and not being arrogant. Explain to me how Jay matured and ignored Cam's ignorance but he didn't feed in to Jim'signorance? How is that maturity? I mean make up your mind are you ignoring the peons or are you gonna acknowledge the peon's hype man? An even moreinsignificant peon. Shh don't make sense. Like I said your example don't apply no more. You talking as if Jay aint already respond to Jim. If you keepignoring some ignorant NTer following this decision and then one day engage in an ignorant back n forth you no longer stand by your word and are a hypocrite.Simple as that

Why can't yall just admit it was a stupid idiotic senseless meaningless waste of time bird brain move? JIM JONES? REALLY?

Like I said and will state again I don't know who Jay feels is worthy and neither do you. Neither of us know so why even discuss....in fact why do you or anyone else care?! LOL! I agree we can have both battles and good music but in todays rap climate and here on NT there seems to be unnecessary hype for futile beef. I used to like rap battles but honestly as I have grown older I have grown less fond of it. And for the record picking your battles or choosing who to respond to is not arrogant or as you stated an "arrogant excuse." Thats like saying if a fellow NT'er continuously makes ignorant remarks towards me that I SHOULD respond to him. Personally I have no time for e-beef so I would ignore his or her ignorance and keep it moving. Ignoring ignorance doesn't make anyone arrogant at all. However, some people on here percieve that if you don't respond to someone that is "taking an L" or a sign of weakness. I feel sorry for those who think that way and basically sum it up to the fact that they haven't matured.....everything negative directed your way does not always deserve a response.
I didn't ask for you to tell me what you think Jay was thinking when he did that or the exact reason he decided to do that. I'm looking for some plausible/logical/acceptable reasons to choose Jim Jones of all ppl to respond to cuz I can't think of any. I aint saying what you suggest has to be the reason but anything that could make sense of that whole situation when it went down would be something I'd appreciate. I'll repeat I'm not and never did ask you a question you can't know.

Now why do I care? Why do I discuss it? Cuz you just brought up an invalid excuse for why Jay shouldn't respond to Curtis. Did you forget what you just posted? You can't follow where I'm going with this? I'll quote "choosing not engage in childish battles with those beneath you. Some people are not worth your time" So Cam'ron, 50 Cent, Joe Budden are even beneath Jim Jones in Jay-Z's eyes? See nobody's gonna believe that bs. That argument no longer is valid. That's why I discussed it. That's why I care. I mean maybe we differ here but I'd actually like to see someone of Jay's caliber at the time battle some other prominent rappers in the game. I'd actually like to see him get a W in a battle. You may not care, fine but then I'd wonder why you even in this thread defending him with excuses that no longer apply.

Now on to this ignoring ignorance and not being arrogant. Explain to me how Jay matured and ignored Cam's ignorance but he didn't feed in to Jim's ignorance? How is that maturity? I mean make up your mind are you ignoring the peons or are you gonna acknowledge the peon's hype man? An even more insignificant peon. Shh don't make sense. Like I said your example don't apply no more. You talking as if Jay aint already respond to Jim. If you keep ignoring some ignorant NTer following this decision and then one day engage in an ignorant back n forth you no longer stand by your word and are a hypocrite. Simple as that

Why can't yall just admit it was a stupid idiotic senseless meaningless waste of time bird brain move? JIM JONES? REALLY?

All you can do is focus on Jim Jones...which is funny to me. What you fail to allow yourself to accept is yes maybe Jay didn't feel those others were worthresponding to. You are speaking as though that is not possible at all....why can't it just be that?! Why does it have to be anything else or deeper thanthat. As I already said it is what it is...dude responded to Jim Jones and didnt respond to those other dudes....ok and?? Does anyone actually expect Jay torespond to everyone who takes a shot at him because logically I don't. I used a logical reason which you fail to accept as a possibility and deem it"senseless and meaningless." It is plain to see that you just don't get it. Llike others in here you love rap beef and have a code that you mustrespond to whoever comes at you. Quite frankly I think that way of thinking is "stupid, idiotic, senseless and meaningless." But thats cool I hopethat illogical thinking works out for you.

laugh.gif
So Jim Jones is worth responding to now? And what you mean focus on Jim Jones? Is he not the only other person other than NaS that Jay dedicated a wholediss record too? or am I missing something? Is this thread not about a battle between Curtis and Jay that will most likely not happen and ppl posting reasonsas to why?

Stop assuming +%$% about me. Who said anything about loving rap beef or a code that you must respond to any and everyone that disses you?(As if all those ppl Inamed dissed Jay at the same time) Who said that? or you trying to back out of this by putting words in my mouth so you can make yourself think you'reright?

If you don't appreciate rap battles maybe you should've never entered this thread? You dare to say that responding to Jim Jones has logic backing itand I'm illogical for thinking otherwise?

You didn't give me a reason either. First thing you posted is I don't know what that man is thinking and I don't care why bother discussing it. Ifthat's the case GTFOOH. You should've just said I can't think of any reasons and end it there. Now you coming with assumptions and a poor thoughtprocess involving you using logic and everyone else being illogical
laugh.gif

That's pathetic but atleast I know now how you handle questions of this sort.

We get it tho you don't like rap battles and don't care about them. So anyone who does like rap battles and cares and uses some type of logic can comeup with a reason why Jay would respond to Jim Jones and not any other artist that's obviously better than him or is it just that and he chose a bum to dissinstead of someone with a hint of rap talent?

Back
Top Bottom