52 Week Money Challenge ... week 26 of 52. halfway there...

sounds fairly reasonable, and it's been posted but that extra money at the end of the year will come in handy. SIGN ME UP.

Told my mom and sister about it so we'll do it together. The temptation might be too much if i see it in my accounts. Got a box I'll tape up then put a hole in to deposit weekly. I'm going to double my part then work my way down to $2 at the end of the year.

If possible I recommend those who would like to participate start from the last week.

Told my mom and sister about it so we'll do it together. The temptation might be too much if i see it in my accounts. Got a box I'll tape up then put a hole in to deposit weekly. I'm going to double my part then work my way down to $2 at the end of the year.

If possible I recommend those who would like to participate start from the last week.
I'm too lazy for all of this. I hardly carry cash around, and then 9/10 times I would have to make change somewhere and then have the excess cash on me which would tempt me to spend it. Bank account or die for me.

I understand the logic behind it but I think it might have a reserve effect for most. Knowing you have some "rainy day" change, you are more liable to act a fool financially elsewhere. Now if you do the 52 week challenge on top of cutting out stupid purchases, cool. SMart choice.

If you aren't going to be monitoring overall spending, I think it is pointless.

Makes no sense to do this 52 week challenge and turn around and buy hundred+ dollar handbags or shoes and think you are really doing anyhting different than before.

That would be like me giving up alcohol and allowing myself to increase my sweets intake.

I'm just gonna put what ever spare change, 1, 5 & 10 dollar bills i have at the end of each sunday in a box and see where it takes me. I usually carry only a card but occasionally i sell shoes or have money paid back in cash.

I understand the logic behind it but I think it might have a reserve effect for most. Knowing you have some "rainy day" change, you are more liable to act a fool financially elsewhere. Now if you do the 52 week challenge on top of cutting out stupid purchases, cool. SMart choice.
If you aren't going to be monitoring overall spending, I think it is pointless.
Makes no sense to do this 52 week challenge and turn around and buy hundred+ dollar handbags or shoes and think you are really doing anyhting different than before.

View media item 200589

I don't need to do this cause I'm already good at saving, but anything that gets people saving I'm in favor of.

Let dem boys save 8)

Last edited:
I'm in. 100.00 for week one. Then I will follow the chart. How frequent is the OP doing updates?

I'm in.  Great idea.

I'll just add an extra cell to my weekly expense reports.  Been doing them for years and they've kept me on schedule.

Gonna double the amount just because and instead withdraw it in cash.

If not for the spreadsheet, I'd get confused as I've got several different accts/funds that I've set up in order to separate my savings.

Will definitely be doing this

HOw about another Challenge? Any money that you find sitting around , or pick up from off the floor you gotta save it for 52 weeks. You'll be suprised at how much that loose change around the house adds up.

I do a variation of this. Whatever change I have at the end of the day I save. I do this each and every day. At the end of the year I count it up, put the change in coin rollers and put it in my savings account.

Will definitely be doing this

HOw about another Challenge? Any money that you find sitting around , or pick up from off the floor you gotta save it for 52 weeks. You'll be suprised at how much that loose change around the house adds up.

I do a variation of this. Whatever change I have at the end of the day I save. I do this each and every day. At the end of the year I count it up, put the change in coin rollers and put it in my savings account.

I do this every year, I end up with $80 or so. I'd rather do this one. A cool $1,300 for the year of the 6 :pimp:

I'm in... Doing multiples of $4.00... My Bday is 12/30 so would be nice to see the account at $5,512.00 :smokin .... For an easy way to do this, no matter what your number is, set a weekly reminder on your phone every Friday

This looks good even have my girl doing it. But it looks like the last few weeks to balances are off week 49 is at $1,125 and week 48 is at $1,176

First $52.00 has been transferred. I put it in an ancillary savings acct I have that just sits there with hardly anything but a few hundred in it.

This will be in addition to the 2k I save monthly in my seperate savings.

Last edited:
I'm in...all this will go towards money that I will not touch

I need a better paying job..I'm about to have everybody on this...I'm doing for the rest of my life..the more income that comes in the higher the multiple

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom