56 MPG mandate by 2025 = SCRAPPED BY current EPA

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by Al Audi

then I would be saving in the long run due to not having to buy another car for a long time, and due to not having to buy gas.
i guarantee you that none of those cars your talking about will be able to be manufactured in da US thus killing jobs...da only reason car makers are able to make trucks here is because of da higher profit margin allows them to...

Why do you selectively quote and reply to my posts?

So you don't agree with investing in tech and science to find more efficient and cheaper ways to make cars so that those people can keep their jobs and be trained in these new ways? The whole point of my post was to stress the fact that it might cost more, but 1 who cares if I am saving money in the end, and 2 when don't we find a way to make it cheaper so that we can manufacture in the States still.

You just skipped over everything else I said and just jump to repeating yourself, that those cars would be to expensive to make and it would kill jobs.

Originally Posted by Al Audi

then I would be saving in the long run due to not having to buy another car for a long time, and due to not having to buy gas.
i guarantee you that none of those cars your talking about will be able to be manufactured in da US thus killing jobs...da only reason car makers are able to make trucks here is because of da higher profit margin allows them to...

Why do you selectively quote and reply to my posts?

So you don't agree with investing in tech and science to find more efficient and cheaper ways to make cars so that those people can keep their jobs and be trained in these new ways? The whole point of my post was to stress the fact that it might cost more, but 1 who cares if I am saving money in the end, and 2 when don't we find a way to make it cheaper so that we can manufacture in the States still.

You just skipped over everything else I said and just jump to repeating yourself, that those cars would be to expensive to make and it would kill jobs.

Originally Posted by FuzzyRobot

2eb8lg5.jpg

Would have been funnier if you hadn't posted that you drive after I checked back in
frown.gif
SOMEBODY GIVE ME DA TEMPLATE FOR THIS NOW

Originally Posted by offbad

however, for people that NEED cars (aka da rest of da country) if jobs are eliminated because of more political garbage its gonna look ugly...you gonna have people moving in stuffy cities because all da manufacturing jobs left are gonna be outsourced overseas.

look no further then da city of Detroit to see what happens when jobs are killed because of Washington.

explain?
why do you think US automakers dont make US cars in da states, only trucks? why do you think da auto makers in da US abandoned detroit? da government has made it so expensive to operate and do business here that they rather do it overseas.

laugh.gif
@ folks that think we're running outta gas ANYTIME soon.....
roll.gif
@ dudes thinking that gas wont be a problem in our lifetime when the gas prices have already been dramatically increasing since we started driving at 16. Less then ten years ago for me and a 3 dollar difference almost.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ dudes not caring about the future and thinking oh well won't affect me. When it really will.

So Dr. ninjahood geologist where is all the oil then? And, how much do we have left? I am assuming you know since you know for a fact that we won't be running out anytime soon.

Originally Posted by offbad

however, for people that NEED cars (aka da rest of da country) if jobs are eliminated because of more political garbage its gonna look ugly...you gonna have people moving in stuffy cities because all da manufacturing jobs left are gonna be outsourced overseas.

look no further then da city of Detroit to see what happens when jobs are killed because of Washington.

explain?
why do you think US automakers dont make US cars in da states, only trucks? why do you think da auto makers in da US abandoned detroit? da government has made it so expensive to operate and do business here that they rather do it overseas.

laugh.gif
@ folks that think we're running outta gas ANYTIME soon.....
roll.gif
@ dudes thinking that gas wont be a problem in our lifetime when the gas prices have already been dramatically increasing since we started driving at 16. Less then ten years ago for me and a 3 dollar difference almost.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
@ dudes not caring about the future and thinking oh well won't affect me. When it really will.

So Dr. ninjahood geologist where is all the oil then? And, how much do we have left? I am assuming you know since you know for a fact that we won't be running out anytime soon.

Originally Posted by PleasurePhD

Expensive hybrid cars? You mean the $23,000 Prius? Yes, that's expensive compared to the cheap "big cars" Americans love to drive. Much more expensive then a 50g corvette, or a 400k Lambo, or a 30k Ford super duty, or a 100k benz. 

The Prius is only $23k??
eek.gif
I always thought it was expensive, like $40k...

Maybe I'll buy one as a first car in a couple years then when I'm tired of it I'll do an IS F V8 swap
pimp.gif

Expensive hybrid cars? You mean the $23,000 Prius? Yes, that's expensive compared to the cheap "big cars" Americans love to drive. Much more expensive then a 50g corvette, or a 400k Lambo, or a 30k Ford super duty, or a 100k benz. 

The Prius is only $23k??
eek.gif

Maybe I'll buy one as a first car in a couple years then when I'm tired of it I'll do an IS F V8 swap
pimp.gif

create/continue incentives and let the market do the rest, youll see how much more popular hybrids/electrics cars get

create/continue incentives and let the market do the rest, youll see how much more popular hybrids/electrics cars get

Originally Posted by 2SeatPort

Originally Posted by swizzc

The gov had to bail them out though. If you've asked for and accepted bailout loans/funds you kind of forfeit your freedom from government imposed mandates/standards imo. The gov has every right to impose these things. It's probably written out in the bailout documents.

"In September, 2008 the Big Three asked for $50 billion to pay for health care expenses and avoid bankruptcy and ensuing layoffs, and Congress worked out a 25$ billion loan.[83] By December, President Bush had agreed to an emergency bailout of $17.4 billion to be distributed by the next administration in January and February.[84] In early 2009, the prospect of avoiding bankruptcy by General Motors and Chrysler continued to wane as new financial information about the scale of the 2008 losses came in. Ultimately, poor management and business practices forced Chrysler and General Motors into bankruptcy. Chrysler filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on May 1, 2009 [85] followed by General Motors a month later."
thats because da unions that da big 3 are at da mercy of crippled em, meanwhile foreign automakers that create and manufacture cars here don't have to abide by those guidelines, so their not even playing on a even field.
Go sit down... Seriously you are by far the dumbest member of Niketalk... And used the dumbest criteria as to not vote for Barack Obama... Because he is mandating a 56MPG fleet?  Most of us don't drive a Lambo so if I get 56 MPG... A full tank will last me over a month...

By the way... Foreign automakers who have plants in the U.S. have  ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  UNIONS...   Do you know Toyota pays $30 an hour for worker... UAW $29.78...  The difference comes from UAW having far more workers and more benefits to pay out.. But it is not the unions that "crippled" the Big 3...

The problem was the Big 3 went BIGGER.. While all the other companies went SMALLER.. Making more fuel economic cars, meaning higher MPG... As the economy slipped further and further through the decade more and more people traded their Yukons, Hummers, Excursions, etc. for Sonata's, Camry's etc. BUT the big 3 still produced more and more of the SUV's.. And when the economy was on the tipping point in 2007/2008 everyone saw the writing on the wall except the Big 3.. 

You are by far DA least informed person on NT.... 

Originally Posted by swizzc

The gov had to bail them out though. If you've asked for and accepted bailout loans/funds you kind of forfeit your freedom from government imposed mandates/standards imo. The gov has every right to impose these things. It's probably written out in the bailout documents.

"In September, 2008 the Big Three asked for $50 billion to pay for health care expenses and avoid bankruptcy and ensuing layoffs, and Congress worked out a 25$ billion loan.[83] By December, President Bush had agreed to an emergency bailout of $17.4 billion to be distributed by the next administration in January and February.[84] In early 2009, the prospect of avoiding bankruptcy by General Motors and Chrysler continued to wane as new financial information about the scale of the 2008 losses came in. Ultimately, poor management and business practices forced Chrysler and General Motors into bankruptcy. Chrysler filed for chapter 11 bankruptcy protection on May 1, 2009 [85] followed by General Motors a month later."
thats because da unions that da big 3 are at da mercy of crippled em, meanwhile foreign automakers that create and manufacture cars here don't have to abide by those guidelines, so their not even playing on a even field.
Go sit down... Seriously you are by far the dumbest member of Niketalk... And used the dumbest criteria as to not vote for Barack Obama... Because he is mandating a 56MPG fleet?  Most of us don't drive a Lambo so if I get 56 MPG... A full tank will last me over a month...

By the way... Foreign automakers who have plants in the U.S. have  ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm  UNIONS...   Do you know Toyota pays $30 an hour for worker... UAW $29.78...  The difference comes from UAW having far more workers and more benefits to pay out.. But it is not the unions that "crippled" the Big 3...

The problem was the Big 3 went BIGGER.. While all the other companies went SMALLER.. Making more fuel economic cars, meaning higher MPG... As the economy slipped further and further through the decade more and more people traded their Yukons, Hummers, Excursions, etc. for Sonata's, Camry's etc. BUT the big 3 still produced more and more of the SUV's.. And when the economy was on the tipping point in 2007/2008 everyone saw the writing on the wall except the Big 3.. 

Originally Posted by scshift

The Prius is only $23k??
eek.gif

pimp.gif
It's starting 23k I went straight to the Toyota and Ford websites for those prices. The others I kinda knew off top of my head, so I assume that I'm not wrong with at least some of their models being that much.

But starting 23k for a quality hybrid is better than starting 30k for a huge *** gas guzzler. Unless of course you need to tow and haul stuff, but even then there are better cars for that.

Originally Posted by scshift

The Prius is only $23k??
eek.gif

pimp.gif
It's starting 23k I went straight to the Toyota and Ford websites for those prices. The others I kinda knew off top of my head, so I assume that I'm not wrong with at least some of their models being that much.

But starting 23k for a quality hybrid is better than starting 30k for a huge *** gas guzzler. Unless of course you need to tow and haul stuff, but even then there are better cars for that.

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

thats more then fair....telling people what they should drives rubs me da wrong way, we're in America....not cuba

bottomline is electric cars should succeed or fail on their OWN merits, not because of government intervention and over regulation

Originally Posted by JoseBronx

thats more then fair....telling people what they should drives rubs me da wrong way, we're in America....not cuba

bottomline is electric cars should succeed or fail on their OWN merits, not because of government intervention and over regulation

Originally Posted by Essential1

best selling car in da US is da Ford F-series....a truck

dunce_cap.jpg

got anything else for me son?
laugh.gif
grin.gif

dunce_cap.jpg

laugh.gif
grin.gif

dunce_cap.jpg

laugh.gif
grin.gif

Originally Posted by NikeAirForce1

what US GOVT is really trying to do is force the initiative of electric cars

and you dont see a problem with this?

you dont FORCE something that da market isn't isnt ready for, da technology isn't available yet, and simply that people just dont want.

with gas being high or low, you know whats da number 1 selling car in da US? da Ford F series...you can't Force people to buy things they dont want.

if they REALLY wanted high MPG then diesel versions of cars we see on da road via europe would've BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN available in da US.

http://www.chicagotribune...s,0,4506344.photogallery

highlight the chart if numbers don't show up

[table][tr][td]1. Ford F-Series (528,349 +27.7%)[/td] [td]6. Honda Civic (260,218 +0.8%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Chevrolet Silverado  (370,135 +16.9%)[/td] [td]7. Nissan Altima (229,263 +12.6%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Toyota Camry (327,804 -7.5%)[/td] [td]8. Ford Fusion (219,219 +21.3%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Honda Accord (311,381 +8.1%)[/td] [td]9. Honda CR-V (203,714 +7.2%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Toyota Corolla (266,082 -9.8%)[/td] [td]10. Dodge Ram (199,652 +13%)
[/td][/tr][/table]
Total of gas guzzlers= 1098313
Total gas fuel efficient cars = 1817681

that's just top 10.  more Americans buy fuel efficient cars than gas guzzlers.  fact.

nice try trying to mislead us though.

reposted since ninjahood likes to ignore responses

dunce_cap.jpg

laugh.gif
grin.gif

what US GOVT is really trying to do is force the initiative of electric cars

and you dont see a problem with this?

you dont FORCE something that da market isn't isnt ready for, da technology isn't available yet, and simply that people just dont want.

with gas being high or low, you know whats da number 1 selling car in da US? da Ford F series...you can't Force people to buy things they dont want.

if they REALLY wanted high MPG then diesel versions of cars we see on da road via europe would've BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN available in da US.

http://www.chicagotribune...s,0,4506344.photogallery

highlight the chart if numbers don't show up

[table][tr][td]1. Ford F-Series (528,349 +27.7%)[/td] [td]6. Honda Civic (260,218 +0.8%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2. Chevrolet Silverado  (370,135 +16.9%)[/td] [td]7. Nissan Altima (229,263 +12.6%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]3. Toyota Camry (327,804 -7.5%)[/td] [td]8. Ford Fusion (219,219 +21.3%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]4. Honda Accord (311,381 +8.1%)[/td] [td]9. Honda CR-V (203,714 +7.2%)[/td] [/tr][tr][td]5. Toyota Corolla (266,082 -9.8%)[/td] [td]10. Dodge Ram (199,652 +13%)
[/td][/tr][/table]
Total of gas guzzlers= 1098313
Total gas fuel efficient cars = 1817681

that's just top 10.  more Americans buy fuel efficient cars than gas guzzlers.  fact.

nice try trying to mislead us though.

And lol at Washington killing jobs.... Personal tax rates have not been this low in almost 5 decades... And in terms of GDP our corporate tax is one of the lowest.. So what is your theory as to why they keep shipping out DA jobs...

You think because the FDA regulates, or the EPA regulates, or the USDA regulates? You are a fool if you think that is the reason.... If you do then go to Somalia and see how good that "Freedom" is... I don't know about you, but the regulation of the harmful toxins a company can dump into our water, or in the air is actually a good thing... Regulation that requires employers not to employ people 17 hours a day, 7 days a week is a good thing.. Regulating the standards that meat must be sold is a good thing..

And even then these companies spend BILLIONS to buy off the government, and still ship jobs overseas..

Keep doing the biding for the hundred millionaires and billionaires wishing you will get there some day... You won't.... Our job problem is not Washington regulation... Our job problem is that no matter how lax D.C. could be... Another country can be more lax.... You think $7.25/hour for a job isn't much... They can take that job elsewhere for $2....

That is the free market that you guys love so much... Stomp on the little guy, give as much as you can to the rich guy, and even after that he still takes his jobs overseas because no matter what you give them.. Another country with a non-existent government can give them more due to incompetence....

More time outside of DA crib, and a venture into the business world would give you the insight of how the "FREE MARKET" works... They will NEVER self-regulate the way we want it to... And by the way never in the history of the United States have they...

And lol at Washington killing jobs.... Personal tax rates have not been this low in almost 5 decades... And in terms of GDP our corporate tax is one of the lowest.. So what is your theory as to why they keep shipping out DA jobs...

You think because the FDA regulates, or the EPA regulates, or the USDA regulates? You are a fool if you think that is the reason.... If you do then go to Somalia and see how good that "Freedom" is... I don't know about you, but the regulation of the harmful toxins a company can dump into our water, or in the air is actually a good thing... Regulation that requires employers not to employ people 17 hours a day, 7 days a week is a good thing.. Regulating the standards that meat must be sold is a good thing..

And even then these companies spend BILLIONS to buy off the government, and still ship jobs overseas..

Keep doing the biding for the hundred millionaires and billionaires wishing you will get there some day... You won't.... Our job problem is not Washington regulation... Our job problem is that no matter how lax D.C. could be... Another country can be more lax.... You think $7.25/hour for a job isn't much... They can take that job elsewhere for $2....

That is the free market that you guys love so much... Stomp on the little guy, give as much as you can to the rich guy, and even after that he still takes his jobs overseas because no matter what you give them.. Another country with a non-existent government can give them more due to incompetence....

More time outside of DA crib, and a venture into the business world would give you the insight of how the "FREE MARKET" works... They will NEVER self-regulate the way we want it to... And by the way never in the history of the United States have they...

[h1]Editorial: Put the brakes on CAFE[/h1][h2]President should heed the plea of UAW, Michigan Congress members to relax mileage standards[/h2]
The UAW is urging its good friend in the White House to slow down the rush to adopt excessively high fuel economy standards for the auto industry. The Obama administration should take that advice.

What the UAW knows and what President Barack Obama should try to understand is that regulating an industry ahead of available technology is a recipe for killing jobs. The president intends to use his salvation of the domestic auto industry as a selling point in his re-election campaign next year. But his status as a hero of automakers and autoworkers will crumble if he forces mandates that can't be met.

What the administration wants is a corporate average fuel economy standard of 56.2 miles per gallon by 2025. Automakers are now scrambling to meet a standard of 34.1 miles per gallon by 2016. It has been estimated that to get to where Obama wants to go will add $30 billion annually to the cost of new vehicles, assuming sales of 15 million, and slice close to a quarter of a million auto-related jobs.

It will almost certainly kill or sharply reduce the Detroit automakers' ability to produce highly profitable pickups or sport utility vehicles. These are products America's consumers want and which Detroit's Big Three make very well.

Michigan's congressional delegation joined the UAW in pressing the White House to approach CAFE at a much slower pace. The delegation also wants a mid-period review of any new standards to make sure they are technically achievable and affordable.

Automakers are also asking for different fuel efficiency standards that would allow the continued production of trucks and SUVs.

A president whose re-election hinges on a rebound in jobs should listen to the warnings that oppressive CAFE mandates would have a negative effect on employment.

Environmental groups have launched an intense lobbying effort to prevent the White House from backing off the 56.2 miles per gallon standard. But the environmentalists don't have to worry about jobs. The president does.

The auto industry is recovering nicely, but its long-term viability is far from certain. At the same time, the recovery of the national economy remains uncertain as well. There will be time to deal with CAFE when both the industry and the economy are on surer ground. For now, the best approach for a president who is trying to heal the economy is to do no harm.
http://detnews.com/article/20110717/OPINION01/107170314/1007/rss07

all that list shows is that im right...that a american TRUCK is outselling foreign automaker's cars  ya wanna move da goal posts by combining ALL of em vs number 1 then hey be my guest
grin.gif
eyes.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom