56 year old Detroit man walks about 21 miles per day to get to work...

some people are just accustomed to living a certain way, they get use to it and find it hard to change. 

hopefully this isn't some dirty scheme and salute to this man.

man in college I used to walk like 3 miles back and forth from work my senior year and that seemed like the struggle of all struggles :lol:

some people are just accustomed to living a certain way, they get use to it and find it hard to change. 

hopefully this isn't some dirty scheme and salute to this man.
if you're not willing to change your life for the better then its your own fault for the situation that you are in 

nothing wrong with him getting a huge check from this though

damn at first when I read this I was amazed at how determined he is. Now that ive read these comments I'm amazed at his poor planning and stupidty for not getting a bike or something. I mean he could have at least saved up for even a craigslist special. he doesnt even pay rent so where is this money going to?

Wait a minute...

Now that I think about it. How long has dude been working there?

Instead of getting him a car, why dont they push to get this man a raise or promotion so he can buy his own car or bike?
in the article it says he's been doing this for a decade 

meh

It says he hasn't had a car in a decade.

Slick wording, but ill allow it.

And there's kids on social media who get dropped off by their parents to their job talmbout "rise and grind"

Major salute to this guy.

This just says two things about the man

1. He has poor money manegment if he does not have money to fall back on in case of emergencies.

2. And he's dumb

But good for America for having a heart.

Last edited:
As many others have said, at first I was inspired, but now I just feel like the guy is dumb( he may have mental issues so I may end up taking that back)

But your getting 2 hours of sleep a day and walking 100 miles a week. That's just not doing it. im all for people showing dedication and hard work. But really. There werent any McDonald's or fast food places closer than 20 miles away. Since he's been doing this for 10 years and still has no car, his salary can't be that great

I'm with you guys man, dope story but this seems unnecessary. Couldn't invest in a bike? Props to him for the dedication though

It's cool and all, but it's kind of sad.  Dejecting technology, and convenience because of what reason?

If there's a ride that's more convenient, I'd take it.

This just says two things about the man

1. He has poor money manegment if he does not have money to fall back on in case of emergencies.

2. And he's dumb

But good for America for having a heart.

Or he doesn't make enough money to have a back up plan or money just laying around for a rainy day :rolleyes

I walked to work and back one day because of ice/snow and it was absolute HELL. And that was about 1/3rd of his daily routine.

Dam I be walking 2-3 miles every Sunday morning but I take my sweet time. can't imagine doing that every day.

Saw some running cars on craigslist for 500$. Wonder why he didnt just buy a beater since his car died a decade ago

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom