How do y’all feel about all these devices listening to your convos

I don't love it obviously and do as much as I can to mitigate it (airplane mode/off during private times) but it is what it is at this point.

I legitimately cannot live--as in practice my trade to eat--without the Internet...so here I am, on the grid.

one of many battles that was lost 15 years or more ago.

But in terms of these devices, they are cool to play around with. I wouldn't own one though, life if fine without it.

The last time I saw one, I was just asking it about random NBA players from the 80s and which colleges they went to

I just practice my ways to stay away from it.

Obviously in 2018, you need a cell phone (preferably iPhone) but I will never cop any of these Alexa type of devices nor do I ever talk to Siri.

If I want to play music I can do so manually.

It’s an interesting situation. We as Americans value capitalism above all else. Yet, when this capitalism creates privacy issues we complain. The only way to fix this is through government regulation. But, we don’t trust the government/don’t want to pay taxes. This is the end result...companies win. We’re heading toward a country of companies as opposed to the government. We place our faith in the all mighty dollar.

Nah I'm good on all that. I turn all my settings off and stay away from devices like that in general. I know it's not 100% but I do what I can.

But everybody wants attention and posts everything on social media anyway so honestly, these people don’t want privacy...

I thought people like to make their lifestyles public, nowadays...

I turn the mic on my laptop and phone off, keep a strip of tape over the webcam too, word to Mr. Robot

To examine this, I honestly will say you can trust these devices. However can your trust the companies that harvest your personal information and give it to law enforcement/government even when your indirectly interacting with the devices. Companies like amazon, google, Facebook holds the trust of its consumers that their privacy will be used to help them live thier lives easier. However in cases like this with a murder involed or other types of crimes should companies should be trusted with information that they collected to incriminate you?

Yes/No.

They are playing the “invisible witness” with eyes(camera) & ears (microphone) in a small device like the echo marketed as a smart home device to play music, look up snippets of info etc. the missuses of these devices are from the creators and since you as a consumer decided to put these devices in your home you’ve expressd your willing to give up certian forms of privacy.

You weren’t sold a device to be a incriminating machine in but that’s what these companies dont hightlight in thier marketing strategy, but somewhere in that fine print in terms and conditions you’ll have to adhere to thier policies if your involed in a criminal case.

Trolling isn’t allowed
REPORTED!!!
2887E580-B8D0-4EC9-9E68-792B2FA55C74.gif

Back
Top Bottom