(7-9) Miami Dolphins 2010 Season Thread: WE SUCK! THANK GOD IT'S OVER!!!

Dolphins are discussing Atogwe. The thing that has them not really doing it right away is that they do NOT want to use a poison pill. There's like a code amoungs teams to not use poison pills on RFA offers since that whole Minny Seattle thing. The only real way to get OJ is w/poison pills

[h2]Miami Dolphins sign 3 exclusive-rights free agents [/h2]
by: Omar Kelly March 20th, 2010 | 12:18 PM

The Miami Dolphins have retained all three of their exclusive-rights free agents, signing them to qualifying offers this week.

According to their agents, receiver Davone Bess, tight end Joey Haynos and kicker Dan Carpenter have all signed their one-year contracts, which will allow each to participate in the team’s offseason conditioning program that begins on Monday.

Because the Dolphins acquired both Bess and Carpenter as undrafted rookies in 2008 no other team was able to bid on their services when their initial two-year deals expired. Haynos fell into the same category when the Dolphins poached him from Green Bay’s practice squad in his rookie season, signing the 25-year-old to a two-year deal in 2008.

All three players are amongst the Dolphins’ top youngsters on the roster.

Last season, as the Dolphins’ primary slot receiver, Bess led the team in receptions. The former Hawaii standout caught 76 passes for 759 yards and scored two touchdowns. He’s caught 130 passes for 1,312 yards and scored three touchdowns the past two seasons.

Haynos started eight games last season, either as a replacement for injured starter Anthony Fasano or as part of the two-tight end package, and caught 19 passes for 162 yards. The Maryland standout  also scored two touchdowns in 2010, bringing his career total to three.

Carpenter has developed into one of the AFC’s most reliable kickers in his two NFL seasons. The former Montana standout was named an injury replacement in the 2010 Pro Bowl after converting 25 of 28 field goals, which included a long of 52-yards. He’s connected on 46 of 53 field goals in his career.

[h2]Adam Schefter: Broncos To Trade Brandon Marshall To Dolphins For Second-Round Pick[/h2]
April 14, 2010 7:31 AM ET

nfl_u_bmarts_576.jpg

Miami is reeling in a Pro-Bowl wide receiver while Denver is reeling in even more premium picks.

For the second straight year, the Broncos will pull off a blockbuster deal, this time trading wide receiver Brandon Marshall to Miami for a second-round pick next Friday and what is thought to be an additional second-round pick in 2011, according to league sources.

The trade is contingent upon the league processing the paper work and Marshall passing his physical, neither of which is expected to be an issue Wednesday. Marshall is scheduled to fly to Miami to take his physical and, if he passes, sign what will be one of the most lucrative wide receiver deals in NFL history. It is the type of contract that an unhappy Marshall had been seeking in recent years. Miami will provide it, making Marshall very happy.

But the Broncos also will be happy to get two high picks for someone who made plays and caused headaches in almost equal numbers. Once the trade becomes official, it will alter the looks of the AFC East, the AFC West and the draft for the next two years. Just over one week before the draft, Miami will match and even top the wide receiver that the New York Jets landed at the start of this week, when they traded for talented but troubled Steelers wide-out Santonio Holmes.http://

Marshall is one of the game's best young wide receivers, a mercurial talent at the position Miami needed help at most. He is in the prime of his career. But like Holmes, he also brings a reputation of being difficult to handle and a legal record that has him one strike from a year-long suspension.

Once Marshall signed his $2.5 million tender with the Broncos Tuesday, it freed Denver to begin shopping him. Miami was hot after Marshall, as was Seattle. Tampa Bay showed some interest and even the Jets considered making a play for Marshall before their deal for Holmes.
What the Broncos will receive in return is something of a windfall in these NFL times. This off-season, Holmes went to the Jets for a fifth-round pick, wide receiver Anquan Boldin went to the Ravens for essentially for a third-round pick, and quarterback Donovan McNabb went to the ******** for a second- and conditional fourth-round pick. Denver got fair, and possibly better than, market value.

Now, in just over one year, Denver has recouped an impressive two first-round picks, two second-round picks, a third-round pick and quarterback Kyle Orton in exchange for Jay Cutler and Marshall. They are two big deals for what were two of Denver's best players.
But Denver now heads into next Thursday's draft armed with three picks in the top two rounds - but with another hole to fill at wide receiver. Still, it has the ammunition it needs to continue to remake and improve its roster.

Adam_Schefter

Filed to ESPN: Brandon Marshall reaches agreement with Dolphins on four-year, $47.5 million extension, including $24 million guaranteed.

Marshall signed his one-year, $2.5 million tender with Denver yesterday, so it's five years in Miami for total of $50 million. Wow.

Now what do we do with our 1st rounder? I would like to trade down like 10 spots and see who slips through the cracks. Anyone else interested in Earl Thomas I think he would be a good fit.

finnns2003 wrote: on 1/26/10
Dude we need a NT too. I wouldn't be opposed to a NT in the 2nd. If this is a 3-year project for Parcells, he should trade for Marshall.

Good idea

[table][tr][td]Dolphins | Ginn traded
[/td][td]http://www.facebook.com/sharer.php?u=http://www.kffl.com/gnews.php?id=638820[/td][/tr][/table]Fri, 16 Apr 2010 09:58:36 -0400
Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Miami Dolphins have traded WR Ted Ginn Jr. to the San Francisco 49ers. It is not known what the Dolphins received in the trade.

mortreport

It's a 5th round pick 49ers gave Dolphins for Ginn. Filed to ESPN after taping special edition of The Mort Report for ESPN Rado #NFLDraft

Damn man I thought bringing in Brandon Marshall would bring alot of pressure off of Ginn and make him a more productive player...o well
laugh.gif

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't have traded ginn for a 5th rounder. Who the hell r we really gonna draft with that? he could have atleast been our sole return man for the next couple years.

But if the 49ers are taking over his contract entirely, then I guess it was worth it

Actually, this being such a deep draft, we can easily get a 3rd-4th Rd value with that 5th Rd pick.

Do we plan on getting a RB in the first couple rounds since Ronnie is on the trading block?

I don't get it, we get rid of Ronnie and who do we have?

Does this trade signal the Dolphins are going to focus on Dez Bryant with their pick? They traded their primary return guy in Ginn and whaddyaknow, Bryant is a good returner.

I would love for us to draft Dez with the pick... Could you imagine Marshall and Dez lined up there. I could play QB lefty for us and I'm not not inch taller than 5'8", nor have I not been overweight for the last 3 years

Please let #12 be Dez Bryant.

Please let Miami own that #12 pick still when it happens. 

(just coverin my bases, didn't want some team takin Dez at 12 after we made a trade or somethin.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
 )

Originally Posted by bright nikes

Whatever helps the 49ers return game, we'll take it for a 5th.

Exactly. It's funny becase I was just laughing about the Ginn "drop it like its hot video posted in the offseason thread and now he a part of my team
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by Three6mafia2007

Call me crazy, but I wouldn't have traded ginn for a 5th rounder. Who the hell r we really gonna draft with that? he could have atleast been our sole return man for the next couple years.

But if the 49ers are taking over his contract entirely, then I guess it was worth it

Brandon Marshall was a 4th round pick (#119th overall) and he turned out pretty well. I was almost worried that if they examined Ginn's hands, he'd fail the physical and we'd still be stuck with him.

Told you bout Sheets last season Heat, dude is nice.

49ers gave up on him way tooooo quick.

Now we take Odrick instead of an OLB or NT. Between Pat White, Turner, Gibril Wilson, and Odrick, this front office is rapidly losing the fans' approval. The South Florida papers and Dolphins forums are going nuts. #!%! Parcells. He should be pimp smacked for this garbage.

Back
Top Bottom