7 Years Ago On This Day...

Cool Grey XIs were definately an attention getter [good and bad] when i was a Senior in HS. They were just so gaudy

ohwell.gif
it was one crazy crazy day

Strolled into FootLocker in Sheffield UK at around Lunchtime saw em...didn't like em...left em on the shelf for around a month then after seeing more picsI decided they were cool...bought em in the sale.

I used to love those days in the UK.

when they release i was in 9th grade just moved to Myrtle Beach, sc n i remember asking some guy at champs bout the release n he didnt even know what i wastalking bout or he was lying to me cuz the next week when i went to school i saw maybe 8 people with them n ask them where did u cop them and 7out of 8 saidchamps i was so mad.

I didn't have any problems getting those when they released, I called up Eastbay that morning and got a pair shipped to my house since I was out of town atthe time.... The only bad thing was they ran out of my size 9 and I had to get a 9.5 and since they looked so big on my feet I hardly ever wore them.

i still have mines from release date, just a little bit yellow...

i got the sneakers in VIM and there was like this 10 year old boy inside the store he was scared because outside the store these guys were waiting for him toleave and beat him up for his sneakers and the store manager called the cops to make sure he makes it out the store safe

I was a senior in highs school and still fairly new to the early morning RD. From freshman year until senior year when the XI's were droppin I never had toget up early I'd see the new J'd on one of my partners and go after school to get them. Anyways, got to the mall WAY TOO LATE foolin round wit Ma Dukes(she didn't believe there would be a line, and a DEEP one at that).

It was like 6 or somethin and when they opened the doors we bottle-nekked and I literally got crushed between the door and the influx of human bodies trying tolike jump and slide sideways into the entrance. Everybody was running fast and hard, I think I slipped and fell rounding a corner (I had been smoking way tootough the night before).

Didn't get them from the mall, but bought them off one of my basketball homies' feet that Monday for $160, no box, no card. Still have them to this dayand although they've seen better days, people still give them their props when they make a rare appearance on my feet. Looking for a DS pair to keep mySpace Jams company...now those are a whole 'nother story
frown.gif

I WAS IN COLLEGE WHEN THESE CAME OUT. I COPPED THESE AND THE BLK/RED AJ XVI'S FROM THE MOM & POPS RIGHT NEXT TO THE SCHOOL. I WAS LUCKY ENOUGH TO COPEM LIKE 2 WEEKS EARLY IN LATE FEBRUARY.I HAD NO IDEA THAT THEY WERE SO LIMITED AT THE TIME..... WHEN I CAME HOME TO HOUSTON THE WEEKEND THEY DROPPED,MAN IT WASBANANAS!!! DUDES WAS ROBBIN FOR THESE,AND THEY HAD TO SHUT DOWN A COUPLE MALLS OUT HERE,BECAUSE PEOPLE WERE BUMRUSHING THE STORES,AND BREAKING THE FRONT GATESAND WINDOWS!!! THIS WAS DEFINITELY ONE OF THE WILDEST RELEASES I'VE KNOWN ABOUT...AH WELL,GLAD I GOT MINE.

CED B.

Back
Top Bottom