70 Years Old and STILL Broke...Da Hell?

One of Dr. King's vision for the country is a Universal Basic Income for every American.

This is what Andrew Yang is also championing for his run for Presidency. That $1000/month for every American citizen 18 years old and older will allow senior citizens to retire with dignity.
We need UBI and Medicare for all. Yang is wishy washy on the latter, saying he believes in "the spirit" of it (sounds like a corporate Democrat saying foh).

UBI won't do **** when that hospital bill comes for your heart attack, or you faint at Target and they got you an ambulance. $$$

Didn’t read the whole post. Just wanted to add, my dad is 70+ and broke. He was a helicopter mechanic in the army and hurt his back real bad so he got honorably dishcharged on a full medical disability. So he was never able to get a full time job after that, and the GOVT only gives him like $1500 a month for disability. That’s not much.

Even without being taxed on that, and now getting social security, he still struggles.
Some cats did all the right things in life, but circumstances Outside their control changed their fortunes. I’m alive and breathing so he won in my book.

We need UBI and Medicare for all. Yang is wishy washy on the latter, saying he believes in "the spirit" of it (sounds like a corporate Democrat saying foh).

UBI won't do **** when that hospital bill comes for your heart attack, or you faint at Target and they got you an ambulance. $$$

Yang Medical Plan

I get how he wants Universal Health and Private Health co existing. It's actually the best way having Private Health Care supplement Universal Health.

Here in Canada, we vote against private health care alongside our Universal Health because we are afraid our health care system may evolve to what the US currently has.

It sucks that he is not concrete with his vision for Medicare. Like you said, very wishy washy.

Didn’t read the whole post. Just wanted to add, my dad is 70+ and broke. He was a helicopter mechanic in the army and hurt his back real bad so he got honorably dishcharged on a full medical disability. So he was never able to get a full time job after that, and the GOVT only gives him like $1500 a month for disability. That’s not much.

Even without being taxed on that, and now getting social security, he still struggles.
Some cats did all the right things in life, but circumstances Outside their control changed their fortunes. I’m alive and breathing so he won in my book.

Exactly, people need to understand that tomorrow isn't guaranteed. Hell, being a helicopter mechanic -especially in a warzone - pays $$$$$$$. Yet, like for ur dad, you get hit with life issues, that's gone.

People need to be humble have more empathy.

Naw bro, it's based on how much you put in (made) during the course of your life.
thats what they say
but we dont REALLY know their calculations
as an example both my mother in law
and father in law get ss
mother in law worked longer
and made more money
which meant she contributed more money
over a longer period of time
did start recieving till like YEARS after him
cause she was still working
plus she is older
but my father in law
who is younger
started getting ss before he was even 60
before she started getting it
and he gets almost $500 more

thats what they say
but we dont REALLY know their calculations
as an example both my mother in law
and father in law get ss
mother in law worked longer
and made more money
which meant she contributed more money
over a longer period of time
did start recieving till like YEARS after him
cause she was still working
plus she is older
but my father in law
who is younger
started getting ss before he was even 60
before she started getting it
and he gets almost $500 more

it depends on what kind of benefit they are receiving and when they started receiving it. when someone is disabled the years used to calculate their benefit decreases thus bumping up their primary insurance amount (essentially their dollar amount) the year they were born matters too. there are too many variables they don't understand for them to tell you why they are receiving what they are receiving. most people don't know what program theyre even on.

I told y'all about these stormfront, proudboys, Reddit members invading niketalk....

Race troll away

it depends on what kind of benefit they are receiving and when they started receiving it. when someone is disabled the years used to calculate their benefit decreases thus bumping up their primary insurance amount (essentially their dollar amount. the year they were born matters too. there are too many variables they don't understand for them to tell you why they are receiving what they are receiving. most people don't know what program theyre even on.
see
i like when we have folks like this
giving us info
people like u
are appreciated
dont u post in the tax thread every year
or am i thinking of someone else

I legit grew up in the era where guys like Billy Crystal, Bill Murray and Jerry Seinfeld were Bagging Hollywoods Dimepieces....

I have been deceived

I was all like .....I'll just be a slacker and then I'll romantically fall in love with the local Frumpy late 20s hot chick whose life is not all together yet....

I have been deceived

see
i like when we have folks like this
giving us info
people like u
are appreciated
dont u post in the tax thread every year
or am i thinking of someone else

appreciated, bro.

nah, I don't post there. I hardly ever post, actually. I do, however, like to post on occasion especially when it comes to social security since I am very familiar with it. there are a lot of misconceptions out there about the program and I like to answer questions about it.

appreciated, bro.

nah, I don't post there. I hardly ever post, actually. I do, however, like to post on occasion especially when it comes to social security since I am very familiar with it. there are a lot of misconceptions out there about the program and I like to answer questions about it.
appreciated

This dude goes into detail why yang supports the spirit of M4A but doesn't support the actual bill of M4A

This dude goes into detail why yang supports the spirit of M4A but doesn't support the actual bill of M4A

Listen to Yang speak about his policy in detail. He says he's all for universal healthcare, but it's entirely unrealistic to eliminate private insurance in a short amount of time (e.g. 100 days), people have accepted slightly lower salaries for their private insurance. Healthcare also makes up a significant chunk of the American economy, you can't make such a drastic move in a snap without considering the consequences and domino effect.

His plan is to provide public healthcare for all, and prove that the government is effective enough to out-compete private insurance and put them out of business overtime. Medicare for all and eliminating private insurance with a Thanos-snap sounds and feels good because it seems like we're getting rid of a villain, but the domino effect has to be considered.

Back
Top Bottom