8 Deadly shootings - Atlanta - Looks like Asians were targeted.

Is your take then that everyone (regardless of race) should simply do what’s best for themselves? I kind of feel like this way too - that we’re too fractured and the wedge is too deep that only a true refresh restart button would actually solve it. And some marches and protest signs aren’t really going to have lasting impactful changes. I feel like it’s asking people would you cut your hand off if it meant someone else was going to live or die. Most people want “better” but most people aren’t willing to sacrifice life or limb to help someone else..especially if it’s another race. Easy to blame the government but our government is made up of votes by people. And it’s clear that we keep voting with emotions and not with any sort of meaningful progress in mind.
There is no group of people in america, that wishes to exchange places with Black people. None. Not one.

Oh, they'd love to be LeBron James, they'd love to be Denzel Washington, or look like a beautiful curvaceous Black woman, but only through a little tint and injections to the rear, right Kim?

People love the exceptions, but never acknowledging the rule.

My plight, the Black plight, is exclusive to Black people, and white supremacy and the laws that govern such, is the reason why.

In order for that to change, this country and its laws need to be changed, and white people need to be put on notice that their privilege is done. Kaput, over. Any entitlement? Over. This tells all minorities that you need something else to strive for, because being white ain't it.

However, we know that this will never happen.

It's like the end of Hunger Games. Because there are benefits in maintaining an oppressive system, many of the elite of the oppressed can find reason to keep the system alive.

It's like the end of Hunger Games. Because there are benefits in maintaining an oppressive system, many of the elite of the oppressed can find reason to keep the system alive.
never watched the movie but this synopsis makes me kinda wanna watch it

Reactions: wr
Man, to be honest "they" don't even have to do anything for that system to run semi-smoothly.

The majority of humans in this country walk in line with it. (I am talking about non-whites as well).

I'd honestly be ok with "every man for himself" if that were really the case, unfortunately the dominant culture is "**** you, **** you, and **** you" and are very concerned with those not of their own.

I'd honestly be ok with "every man for himself" if that were really the case, unfortunately the dominant culture is "**** you, **** you, and **** you" and are very concerned with those not of their own.
do you think unity or isolationism would be the end game?

The way this thread has completely gone off the rails should tell you how Asians are an afterthought in American society.

It stems from the narrative of not being outspoken and that's also when issues are happening within other communities(black and latino).

They should have been all over the TV denouncing what Trump was saying, because it was obvious this was going to be the outcome. The frustration over this past year, and him pointing a finger at a group to blame.

As long as non-black races are allowed to operate in the, "But I ain't Black" space in this system, there will never be TRUE unity.
I can respect that. For me I wish for true unity. A true level, equal and equitable playing field. I said this during a professional conference I was part of (Q+A panel member), I have never been a black man in my life but that does not excuse me from empathizing and taking action.

And to be honest, As a Filipino, I want other asians, blacks, hispanics, and other long identified minorities to empathize with me also.

Maybe I should also post more filipino related stuff in general so other NTers can learn more about my culture. BC I see the black culture and asian culture thread and I genuinely read the stuff thats posted.

JPS JPS

That sounds noble but you have to look at it like this.

You have been living in your house for 10 years now.
When You built your house, you immediately had a rat infestation that you have NEVER gotten rid of.
After year 3, you started getting roaches.
After year 5, you started getting flies.

The roaches and flies are annoying and you hate them being around but those damn rats were your first problem and as a result will always be your mortal enemy.

Sure, ALL of those things prevent you from having peace and quiet but those damn rats.

That is how I imagine White people look at everyone else in this country. Blacks are the Rats and everyone else is everything else.

I can respect that. For me I wish for true unity. A true level, equal and equitable playing field. I said this during a professional conference I was part of (Q+A panel member), I have never been a black man in my life but that does not excuse me from empathizing and taking action.

And to be honest, As a Filipino, I want other asians, blacks, hispanics, and other long identified minorities to empathize with me also.

Maybe I should also post more filipino related stuff in general so other NTers can learn more about my culture. BC I see the black culture and asian culture thread and I genuinely read the stuff thats posted.
The only true level playing field, is every group for themselves. That is true freedom. The equality that many seek would still operate under some hierarchy, which would lead to infighting. I do not want to pray to your ancestors, I do not want to observe your tradition. I only want to cultivate and then grow, celebrate what has been denied to all Black people for the past 400 years, and that is our OWN.

Too much has been built off of our plight, and we have grown some of the greatest minds, physical specimens, and artistic giants, that the world has ever seen, even though we are thought of as being less than by all other races and ethnicities.

I mean, even this site was inspired by a descendant of African slaves in america.

But for some strange reason, there are many people here who think that we should not even be talking about race, especially coming from the BLACK perspective, on multiple threads.

What does that tell you about the supposed equality, that many non Blacks tend to seek?

JPS JPS

That sounds noble but you have to look at it like this.

You have been living in your house for 10 years now.
When You built your house, you immediately had a rat infestation that you have NEVER gotten rid of.
After year 3, you started getting roaches.
After year 5, you started getting flies.

The roaches and flies are annoying and you hate them being around but those damn rats were your first problem and as a result will always be your mortal enemy.

Sure, ALL of those things prevent you from having peace and quiet but those damn rats.

That is how I imagine White people look at everyone else in this country. Blacks are the Rats and everyone else is everything else.

I mean, even this site was inspired by a descendant of African slaves in america.

But for some strange reason, there are many people here who think that we should not even be talking about race, especially coming from the BLACK perspective, on multiple threads.

What does that tell you about the supposed equality, that many non Blacks tend to seek?

Funny as hell when you phrase it like this. ( JRepp23 JRepp23 )

Also note, we have white men that HATE Black people but idolize Michael Jordan and the "shoe game."

Again, hilarious.

The only true level playing field, is every group for themselves. That is true freedom. The equality that many seek would still operate under some hierarchy, which would lead to infighting. I do not want to pray to your ancestors, I do not want to observe your tradition. I only want to cultivate and then grow, celebrate what has been denied to all Black people for the past 400 years, and that is our OWN.

Too much has been built off of our plight, and we have grown some of the greatest minds, physical specimens, and artistic giants, that the world has ever seen, even though we are thought of as being less than by all other races and ethnicities.

well i'm not black and i welcome the conversation.

is it uncomfortable in moments? yes!

Does it force people to look at implicit biases they may have been ignorant to. hopefully.

As a therapist my professional approach has always been "for change to be possible you must have the client be as uncomfortable as possible".

Because My discomfort does not compare to real pain that blacks have faced and continue to face.

I wish people would stop trying to cancel out BLM w/ Stop asian hate. For me its one umbrella.

I get your point about every group for themselves but that's trash bc blacks are at such a disadvantage.

I dont have the solution but im hear to listen open ears and mind

well i'm not black and i welcome the conversation.

is it uncomfortable in moments? yes!

Does it force people to look at implicit biases they may have been ignorant to. hopefully.

As a therapist my professional approach has always been "for change to be possible you must have the client be as uncomfortable as possible".

Because My discomfort does not compare to real pain that blacks have faced and continue to face.

I wish people would stop trying to cancel out BLM w/ Stop asian hate. For me its one umbrella.

I get your point about every group for themselves but that's trash bc blacks are at such a disadvantage.

I dont have the solution but im hear to listen open ears and mind
Black people are only at a disadvantage, because they are told that we are at a disadvantage.

Tell me, do Jews feel as if they are at a disadvantage?

Black people are only at a disadvantage, because they are told that we are at a disadvantage.

Tell me, do Jews feel as if they are at a disadvantage?
Are Jewish people White?

A certain segment most definitely are. Those who control Israel, are indeed white.
However, the atrocities they've faced, has spurred them to state never again.
The Bolded is whats needed. We have the strength. We have the numbers. both in the black plight and in the asian plight.

KHUFU KHUFU what are your thoughts in how asians on NT approach the racism issue. Also, I know ur NY based. I'm . in NJ do u see more unity or separation from the black and asian community?

Back
Top Bottom