808s & Heartbreak Appreciation Thread vol. Say You Will > You

I enjoyed it. It still gets spins every now and then
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by EastCoastPapi

808 is like a chick with fake breast or tissue in her bra just fake. I just cant give a artist props for "attempting" to sing and than glorifing it. It really cant be a classic because its not real. 808 = wwe entertaining but fake
A FOOL like you would come into an APPRECIATION thread with that garbage.

Your LOGIC is some of the dumbest s**t i've read in the music forum in a looong time.

Not liking the album is not the problem, but saying ITS NOT REAL is IDIOTIC.

Originally Posted by McFlyyy

if 808s was made by a new artist, it would've been critically acclaimed but since it was a departure for ye, people didn't like it. the melodies were on point with this album.. this > wayne's attempt at rock music.

QFT

this album is def appreciated
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by The Fresh King

Say What's Real > Say You Will.
Yeah, I said it.

hell no. drakes monotone rappin $$! is nowhere near the original...the original is
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
One of the best songs of '08

Far as the album...after i heard LL I was ready to be letdown, but DAMN
pimp.gif

Say You Will
Street Lights
Coldest Winter
See You In My Nightmares

This album is just too damn nice

I'm convinced this IS one of my favorite albums and Kanye's second best album [LR being his best]. I Love this album.
smokin.gif

Yeah went thru a breakup a couple of months ago and this seemed like the only thing I wanted to listen to

Originally Posted by OptimusPrimeAPhiA

This definitely helps get through some of those times...
yep...

it also opened me up to different genre's of music...because its far from traditional rap on alot or almost all of the tracks

I bump this album just as much now as I did when I first got it.

Some of these tracks just hit too close to home.

Very solid album. My favorites are:
Welcome To Heartbreak
Heartless
Love Lockdown (yeah I said it)
Paranoid
Coldest Winter

I haven't been able to listen to it ever since I realized it's just one giant suicide letter in album form...
frown.gif

i know i posted in here already, but this album really is incredible.
pimp.gif

its one of the most melodic albums i have ever heard. you want to just sing along to the tune of every song. i know the melodies are all based on samples, butthe way Kanye collected and arranged them was genius.

we had a Love Below vs 808s thread earlier.. and while Love Below is a better album than 808s, imo 808s is so much better to listen to because each song takeson its own unique personality and you wanna just sing along.

Did Cudi write street lights? I can't help but to hear cudi when i listen to the track

pimp.gif
loved this album people thought I was crazy for liking this album too. pinocchio story is my favorite song.

Classic, should've went Diamond.

"Love Lockdown" might be the most awesome song selected as a single in our generation.

Back
Top Bottom