9 year old girl dies after being forced to run for 3 hrs for lying about eating candy bars...SMDH

I just don't see why working out is such a "bad parenting" move that causes you to say a person shouldn't have kids if that is what they are going to do.

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by debs 168

3 hours is what's wrong with it.

well i better check on my daughter then she 10 and been outside a good 2hrs running around wrestling and jumping on a trampoline.... or she might just drop dead...

Please either off yourself now or get your tubes tied. I'm dead serious. Society does NOT need stupid people like you having any more children. How can you compare your experiences during military training to what a NINE year old is going through? You do realize EVERY body reacts differently to exercise right? We have no idea when this nine year old's last meal was. When her last sip of water was. If she suffered from any undiagnosed conditions. 
Comparing your daughter having fun and being able to go in and out as she pleases to a girl who was coerced into exercise for 3 hours is NOT the same thing. 

so you really believe she ran 3 full hrs consecutively nonstop full stride not even a jog... not even a power walk really... really i mean come on really... I mean is it even humanly possible for someone to run 3 hrs fullstride nonstop... use logic....

i even looked it up with absolutely no water and no food the average HEALTHY person can survive up to 10 DAYS..... `10 DAYS  not 10 HOURS but 10 DAYS and this is in incliment weather... i been to alabama and trust me it aint antartica nor is it africa. So if the average HEATHLY person can go 10 str8 DAYS and she only made it 3hrs shows she was unheatlthy.. and probably never exercises and probably eats unhealthy...

So your saying although ppl have done things such as climb mountains etc for days str8 with no food no water and lived to tell the tell, yet a girl who was probably running around the neighborhood or backyard for 3 HOURS dies and it has nuttin to do with health, being lazy, and bad eating habits.

I know when playing things like wii sports etc seems tiresome... so 3 HOURS of running outside, in which wasnt even consecutive seems like a feat only god could do... it really isnt.

Deputies were told the girl was made to run after lying to her grandmother, 46-year-old Joyce Hardin Garrard,

she became a grandmother at 37. yikes.

i highly doubt she ran non stop for 3 hours, perhaps enough to dehydrate and catch seizures, but not 3 hours.....who kept track of the time?

Originally Posted by DCAllAmerican

I just don't see why working out is such a "bad parenting" move that causes you to say a person shouldn't have kids if that is what they are going to do.

if the parents monitored her and kept her hydrated it would have been a different story, i actually plan on excersising my kids not as a form of punishment but as an alternative from what kids do now which is stay glued to a wii.

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by LDJ

well i better check on my daughter then she 10 and been outside a good 2hrs running around wrestling and jumping on a trampoline.... or she might just drop dead...

Please either off yourself now or get your tubes tied. I'm dead serious. Society does NOT need stupid people like you having any more children. How can you compare your experiences during military training to what a NINE year old is going through? You do realize EVERY body reacts differently to exercise right? We have no idea when this nine year old's last meal was. When her last sip of water was. If she suffered from any undiagnosed conditions. 
Comparing your daughter having fun and being able to go in and out as she pleases to a girl who was coerced into exercise for 3 hours is NOT the same thing. 

so you really believe she ran 3 full hrs consecutively nonstop full stride not even a jog... not even a power walk really... really i mean come on really... I mean is it even humanly possible for someone to run 3 hrs fullstride nonstop... use logic....

i even looked it up with absolutely no water and no food the average HEALTHY person can survive up to 10 DAYS..... `10 DAYS  not 10 HOURS but 10 DAYS and this is in incliment weather... i been to alabama and trust me it aint antartica nor is it africa. So if the average HEATHLY person can go 10 str8 DAYS and she only made it 3hrs shows she was unheatlthy.. and probably never exercises and probably eats unhealthy...

So your saying although ppl have done things such as climb mountains etc for days str8 with no food no water and lived to tell the tell, yet a girl who was probably running around the neighborhood or backyard for 3 HOURS dies and it has nuttin to do with health, being lazy, and bad eating habits.

I know when playing things like wii sports etc seems tiresome... so 3 HOURS of running outside, in which wasnt even consecutive seems like a feat only god could do... it really isnt.

LDJ im sorta with you, but you are assuming this kid was healthy, maybe she had an underlying heart condition or something...

next story 12 y/o son steals game from walmart and mom forces him to do 20 pushup and keels over dead from massive heart attack...

the responses oh his mom was so cruel how dare she made him do 20 not 20 pushups and they werent even the girl kind he had to do them without his knees on the ground... lets burn the mother at the stakes..

next story 8 y/o lies to dad about teacher calling he punishes him by making him walk down the driveway and get the trash can and bring in the mail... dies in a heatstroke in the winter...

the responses oh the horror, the agony, the dad should be hung infront of the townsmen.. how could he i mean he had to walk down there grab the trashcans and open the mailbox, but heres the really cruel part......... wait for it

he had to bring them backup to the house....... oh but it was all the way up the driveway and he couldnt even stop nor the kid didnt get to take a soda and a snack with him for the trip back... off with his head...

at least give the girl some water and make sure she is ok while punishing her.

I make my son sit on the wall with his arms out for about 10 minutes........idk about running, i guess it wouldnt be bad since he wants to play baseball.........but 3 hours is too long

This !**! is terrible
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

next story 12 y/o son steals game from walmart and mom forces him to do 20 pushup and keels over dead from massive heart attack...

the responses oh his mom was so cruel how dare she made him do 20 not 20 pushups and they werent even the girl kind he had to do them without his knees on the ground... lets burn the mother at the stakes..

next story 8 y/o lies to dad about teacher calling he punishes him by making him walk down the driveway and get the trash can and bring in the mail... dies in a heatstroke in the winter...

the responses oh the horror, the agony, the dad should be hung infront of the townsmen.. how could he i mean he had to walk down there grab the trashcans and open the mailbox, but heres the really cruel part......... wait for it

he had to bring them backup to the house....... oh but it was all the way up the driveway and he couldnt even stop nor the kid didnt get to take a soda and a snack with him for the trip back... off with his head...

3 hours of running for a 9 year old is absurd.  your terrible comparison doesn't even match the magnitude of the actual story. 20 pushups to a 3 hour run, seriously?  That's almost a full marathon.

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by LDJ

3 hours of running for a 9 year old is absurd.  your terrible comparison doesn't even match the magnitude of the actual story. 20 pushups to a 3 hour run, seriously?  That's almost a full marathon.

where in the story where she was tied to a treadmill with a timed bomb and if stop running it would go off.... please show me that part please...

cause im thinking she didnt run olympic style 4/40 str8 nonstop.. maybe yall got the scoop on the story. hell even show me where it said she even ran 3 hrs str8

Originally Posted by kiendienn

Originally Posted by LDJ

you know i get what LDJ is saying. i do think they had a good idea though its just the execution wasnt good. i think having her run around the block 3 times woulda been a good punishment or may run the mile like how i used to do in middle school. If they woulda gave her a water bottle and all i think that woulda been the perfect punishment. I dont rea ways of really spank my son and daughter and always try other ways of punishment i think exercise is a good punishment IMO. I usually do the stand in the corner go to sleep cut off the game/tv routine. Rarely do i every have to give my kids a spanking. Having them run a lap or two or a couple pushups is a good way to keep them healthy while also instilling discipline.

Originally Posted by LDJ

ifeelsorryforyourmother.jpg

I FEEL SORRY FOR YOUR DAUGHTER   

This is sad. I'm sure that the girl's family is distraught over her death, and now they have to face murder charges?

I read the title and thought this was a hillbilly thing to do. I was right.

I dont see an issue with running as a punishment, but 3 hours for a 9 year old girl with no water and low sodium levels is beyond OD. I would bet my college tuition the parents never ran a mile in their entire lives. Now all of a sudden they're personal trainers. It is irrelevant what any of you went through as a child, or plan on doing to your kids. Why does it matter if she ran three hours straight or took some breaks in between. Dehydrated is dehydrated. She isnt Usain Bolt, its a 9 year old girl.

A 9 yr old girl lost her life do the negligence by the parents, and the first thing that comes to your mind is to try to justify it
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif
@ dudes comparing hooping for 3 hours to a 9 year-old being forced to run for 3 hours straight. How stupid are yall that you cant see the problem with this? What 9 year old is in any condition to run 3 hours straight? RIP to the kid.

No way this is an isolated incident. I wonder what other nonsensical punishment they were meting out to the young girl, no doubt grandma and stepma were in cahoots the whole time.

And the father...
30t6p3b.gif

He knew something was wrong with his wife, but still left his daughter in her care (READ: had the grandmother AND stepmother not been present, little Savannah may still be with us - no doubt they egged each other on. Quite pitiful.)

RIP.

When I was a little kid, three hours would have been light work on a summer day. Granted ##%!$+ were drinking hose water to our hearts content.

The mother and grandmother are *$@+$+! idiots. How does the concept of dehydration not even cross your mind?

RIP to that poor little girl.

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

When I was a little kid, three hours would have been light work on a summer day. Granted ##%!$+ were drinking hose water to our hearts content.

The mother and grandmother are *$@+$+! idiots. How does the concept of dehydration not even cross your mind?

RIP to that poor little girl.

Probably for the same reasons LDJ has for not comprehending that the frail body of a 9 year old girl requires water to survive. 

These parents must have been abusive or something because you can't run 3 hours unless you're pretty fit and that's for an adult, then the no water, what were they thinking, a candy bar only costs $1. Making someone suffer for something that small
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by KayCurrency

Fam, You honestly think this girl ran for 3 Straight hours??? be real...

honesty this just shows how bad of shape and how house ridden kids are today... One she didnt run 3 hrs str8. Also i mean the age isnt even that much... When i was younger i use to go to the bball court etc, or play football, have street races etc for hrs on in. Longer then 3 hrs and like barely got tired.

Thats the saddest part of the story. smh at ppl really thinking this girl was running top speed for 3hrs consecutive without stopping..
laugh.gif

Thank you...I wanted to make those exact same points, but the girl died and I didn't want to seem too insensitive...

I use to run around for hours as a child... The running didn't kill her... I'm assuming they weren't letting her hydrate her self maybe?...They said she died days later...

and if she did run for literally 3 hours straight?  what then?  you and ldj are making a lot of assumptions.  i get your point ("no one can run for literally 3 hours straight that isn't training for a marathon") and you're right.  especially not a 9 year old without any water.  which would explain why she died...

Back
Top Bottom