9 year old girl dies after being forced to run for 3 hrs for lying about eating candy bars...SMDH

Originally Posted by moonmaster3

Originally Posted by HAM CITY

When I was a little kid, three hours would have been light work on a summer day. Granted ##%!$+ were drinking hose water to our hearts content.

The mother and grandmother are *$@+$+! idiots. How does the concept of dehydration not even cross your mind?

RIP to that poor little girl.

Probably for the same reasons LDJ has for not comprehending that the frail body of a 9 year old girl requires water to survive. 

actually she had low sodium and dehydration... which is cause by either entirely too much water thus washing out all the salt out of her body... so your whole water theory is wrong

or lack of exercise being in shape and drinking things that deplete water out your body such as liqour.... (which is why ppl be sweating etc losing water) so i dont they gave her a fifth of gin... or excessive amount of things like coke/dr pepper and things high in fat aka sweets junk food etc

so either she was a very fit inshape lil girl and she was out there running str8 and before she left dranked like a gallon of water

or she was out of shape and hardly exercised usually drinking the likes of pop/chips/candy things of that nature...

seeing where she was im assuming the later.

Was it the girls fault no... it was the parents due to feeding her junk letting her sit in the house most of the time.. and then expecting her to exercise.
but it was a small hick town in alabama so i serious doubt that they knew that this would occur

Originally Posted by LDJ

When I was a little kid, three hours would have been light work on a summer day. Granted ##%!$+ were drinking hose water to our hearts content.

The mother and grandmother are *$@+$+! idiots. How does the concept of dehydration not even cross your mind?

RIP to that poor little girl.

Probably for the same reasons LDJ has for not comprehending that the frail body of a 9 year old girl requires water to survive. 

actually she had low sodium and dehydration... which is cause by either entirely too much water thus washing out all the salt out of her body... so your whole water theory is wrong

or lack of exercise being in shape and drinking things that deplete water out your body such as liqour.... (which is why ppl be sweating etc losing water) so i dont they gave her a fifth of gin... or excessive amount of things like coke/dr pepper and things high in fat aka sweets junk food etc

so either she was a very fit inshape lil girl and she was out there running str8 and before she left dranked like a gallon of water

or she was out of shape and hardly exercised usually drinking the likes of pop/chips/candy things of that nature...

Was it the girls fault no... it was the parents due to feeding her junk letting her sit in the house most of the time.. and then expecting her to exercise.
but it was a small hick town in alabama so i serious doubt that they knew that this would occur
Wait, what? Im pretty sure sodium/salt attracts water so, high soduim = high water and low sodium = low water/dehydration. 
anyways this is a terrible story, RIP to that little girl 
frown.gif
. The grandma and step mom deserve prison time, to me it was MURDER. I mean cmon guys, 3 hours? for a little girl? i cant even run for more than 30 mins straight, and im in semi decent shape. I bet this wasnt the only time she's been abused too
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif

^^Nah it's actually possible to kill yourself by drinking to much water. Happened to somebody at a contest in Sacramento a few years back. I'm no expert but as I understand it, it pretty much works like he said, you end up dieing from low sodium.

^^Nah it's actually possible to kill yourself by drinking to much water. Happened to somebody at a contest in Sacramento a few years back. I'm no expert but as I understand it, it pretty much works like he said, you end up dieing from low sodium.

dehydration: Drinking too much water when exerting a lot of energy, which causes an electrolyte disturbance that results in lower sodium in the plasma, which can lead to immediate and long term health conditions and even death.

I just find it funny folks said water considering we are on a athletic sneaker site and most folks on here claim to be into sports or play sports... Um why do you think athletes etc... have powerade/gatorade on the sidelines/bench etc...

because it has the water sodium and electrolytes needed to replenish what is lost in the body from exercise/sweat

What sporting events have you been to and they be guzzling down water.

sorry I'm no expert either, but yeah, youre right i totaly forgot drinking too much water can kill you, because it ends up diluting the sodium levels in your blood causing an imbalance.

Originally Posted by B fr3sh

Originally Posted by LDJ

Wait, what? Im pretty sure sodium/salt attracts water so, high soduim = high water and low sodium = low water/dehydration. 
anyways this is a terrible story, RIP to that little girl 
frown.gif
. The grandma and step mom deserve prison time, to me it was MURDER. I mean cmon guys, 3 hours? for a little girl? i cant even run for more than 30 mins straight, and im in semi decent shape. I bet this wasnt the only time she's been abused too
30t6p3b.gif

mad.gif
The primary electrolyte lost through perspiration is sodium.

this didnt happen because this sole event... lets face it the girl whether yall want to admit it or not she didnt run 3 hrs consecutively... this was due to probably a long history of her family feeding her fast food, junk drinking sodas, etc basically and a unhealthy lifestyle... and then she did a somewhat strenous activity...

this is where her parents failed... they failed in the way the treated/raised her etc...

this kinda reminds me of how folks like oh whitney died because of the alledged glass of champagne and the sleeping pill she took... as if 2 decades of pill poppin crack smoking and being an alcoholic had nuttin to do with it.

thing is i dont think they neccesarily were trying to be bad parents, they probably were young parents and naive in prroperly raising a child.... but thats vast majority of young parents and well most parents in the us period... we are the most unhealthy country in the world and with 33.8% of its citizens obese.

this honestly could have happen to a good majority of the young parents in america today.

i can almost promise had this happen in lets say a country like japan where only 3% of the country is out of shape i doubt there would even be a story at all.

you could be outta shape all your life drink smoke on the reg etc.. and then go out drink like a gallon of vodka/gin str8 then go shoot a game of bball... and your body hasnt been use to exercise or you drinking water in moderation, eating right you could easily die in your sleep overnight. it wouldnt be because of that one game of bball it be because your long history of drinking, eating unhealthy etc...

Originally Posted by LDJ

this didnt happen because this sole event... lets face it the girl whether yall want to admit it or not she didnt run 3 hrs consecutively... this was due to probably a long history of her family feeding her fast food, junk drinking sodas, etc basically and a unhealthy lifestyle... and then she did a somewhat strenous activity...

this is where her parents failed... they failed in the way the treated/raised her etc...

this kinda reminds me of how folks like oh whitney died because of the alledged glass of champagne and the sleeping pill she took... as if 2 decades of pill poppin crack smoking and being an alcoholic had nuttin to do with it.

thing is i dont think they neccesarily were trying to be bad parents, they probably were young parents and naive in prroperly raising a child.... but thats vast majority of young parents and well most parents in the us period... we are the most unhealthy country in the world and with 33.8% of its citizens obese.

this honestly could have happen to a good majority of the young parents in america today.

i can almost promise had this happen in lets say a country like japan where only 3% of the country is out of shape i doubt there would even be a story at all.

you could be outta shape all your life drink smoke on the reg etc.. and then go out drink like a gallon of vodka/gin str8 then go shoot a game of bball... and your body hasnt been use to exercise or you drinking water in moderation, eating right you could easily die in your sleep overnight. it wouldnt be because of that one game of bball it be because your long history of drinking, eating unhealthy etc...
Witnesses told deputies Savannah was told to run and not allowed to stop for three hours on Friday

I still don't understand how you're not getting the point of this through your thick skull.  She is 9 years old.  I don't care how good of a physical condition you may think your child is in or what country you grow up in...there is a VERY small % of children under 10 years old who can run for 3 hours straight or even with small breaks in-between.  This is totally different than just going out and hooping.  If your body is not used to running distances for that long, what the hell do you think is going to happen?  Just to put things in perspective, there people (that are in shape) who run marathons on the regular who still have to build up their endurance through a series of runs to make it for the full 26.  There isn't a chance in hell that a child as young as 9 can take running for that long w/o having a break.  It doesn't matter how good or how bad her diet was, this form of punishment is absolutely cruel and unfathomable.  I swear to Goodness that I feel sorry for any child growing up in your house if this is your ho-hum mindset.  

I am appalled that anyone would try to justify this as punishment. She ate a damn candy bar my god it's not the end of the world. I got spanked quite frequently as kid and my mouth washed out with soap more times than I can count. But trying to say this was exercise, come on now, that's ridiculous. She wasn't playing, she wasn't exercising, she was being forced to run for clearly an extended period of time without hydration leading to a seizure and her death. She was 9 years old guys.

Anyway, I actually came in here to mention that the stepmother gave birth while in jail for the murder charge.
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by LDJ

How do you know she was not forced to run 3 hours straight?  Were you there?  Don't worry in a few weeks/months, it will all be put to light due to witnesses/testimonies but your premature assumptions  is just beyond ridiculous at this point.  
RIP 

Very sad to hear but at nine years old aren't you old enough to realize that if your tired you'll stop. When i was nine if i was told to run and not stop i would stop when i'm tired, simple as that. Not like the grandma or aunt or whoever made her run was following her in a car at gunpoint and forcing her to run.

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by LDJ

Witnesses told deputies Savannah was told to run and not allowed to stop for three hours on Friday

I still don't understand how you're not getting the point of this through your thick skull.  She is 9 years old.  I don't care how good of a physical condition you may think your child is in or what country you grow up in...there is a VERY small % of children under 10 years old who can run for 3 hours straight or even with small breaks in-between.  This is totally different than just going out and hooping.  If your body is not used to running distances for that long, what the hell do you think is going to happen?  Just to put things in perspective, there people (that are in shape) who run marathons on the regular who still have to build up their endurance through a series of runs to make it for the full 26.  There isn't a chance in hell that a child as young as 9 can take running for that long w/o having a break.  It doesn't matter how good or how bad her diet was, this form of punishment is absolutely cruel and unfathomable.  I swear to Goodness that I feel sorry for any child growing up in your house if this is your ho-hum mindset.  

witnesses were told... lost all credit there... regardless of what someone said there has to be a level of iuno common sense and basic logic... this little girl did not run 3 hrs nonstop... period if you choose to believe hersay and overlook basic knowledge thats you... i choose to believe the latter

but then again these are the same ppl who said drinking water wouldnt cause dehydration... again im still baffled by these on a site which is based on athletic footwear and most ppl talk about shooting hoops and what not...

so im suppose to believe the average child which runs 7.5mph so basically 24miles nonstop stopped and lived 2 more days yea ok... witness were told not even witness said this is like some oh i heard from a friend who told a friend i over heard that it might be true. thats like running from one city to another and you really believe this

hell i bet half of nt couldnt even walk 24 miles nonstop without a break yet a 9 year old ran it......
laugh.gif

a child basically ran a 45k nonstop lol and ppl believe it

Originally Posted by LDJ

dehydration: Drinking too much water when exerting a lot of energy, which causes an electrolyte disturbance that results in lower sodium in the plasma, which can lead to immediate and long term health conditions and even death.

I just find it funny folks said water considering we are on a athletic sneaker site and most folks on here claim to be into sports or play sports... Um why do you think athletes etc... have powerade/gatorade on the sidelines/bench etc...

because it has the water sodium and electrolytes needed to replenish what is lost in the body from exercise/sweat

What sporting events have you been to and they be guzzling down water.
Wasn't there an article a while back that said Europe has a law that prohibited manufacturers from making the claim that water prevents dehydration?

edit\\
I agree with some of you that said this is all in hindsight. I understand a 3 hour run is too hard of a punishment, but if the girl didn't die and there was a big commotion just on the punishment alone, a lot of you would say that America is soft now. I don't condone to punishments like this, but it's not as bad as some of you make it out to be. I do hope the grandmother and stepmother gets charged with manslaughter though.

Originally Posted by SunDOOBIE

Originally Posted by LDJ

How do you know she was not forced to run 3 hours straight?  Were you there?  Don't worry in a few weeks/months, it will all be put to light due to witnesses/testimonies but your premature assumptions  is just beyond ridiculous at this point.  
RIP 
1. Its not a ASSUMPTION a child cannot run a 45k nonstop thats just basic logic and common sense

2. I have family in the area and been there its a trailer park and she was force to run in the neighborhood and do laps... if she was doing this str8 and her parents were in the house how would they even know she did it exactly... Oh yea im to ASSUME the parents have xray vision and can see through steel/metal trailers and down roads and around corners.. She is a kid you dont think maybe she might got down the corner when they didnt see her and at very least do a light jog or even walk or stop?

3. If there were witnesses at what point does a person see a child from 4pm to 7pm decide oh ok shes been running nonstop up and down the block for 3hrs to call the police? oh no not the 1st hr oh no.... not the 2hr but at 6:45 oh well now thats when its just waaaaaaay to much  NOW its time to call the police..

4. there was only one reported witness and all the neighbors said although they had a playground etc outside toys none of them have ever seen the kids outside playing...

5. she did this because the girl had a bladder diease from eating...you guessed it too much candy

the event is sad but after reading some reports about how the father is a contract worker overseas who was filling for divorce and contacted dhr child protective services because the mom was bi-polar, over using prescription pills and a alcoholic, i blame the system... how do you know this and have it on record and say you know what......Lets not remove the child and maybe put her in a home with a family member or something.

roll.gif
someone PLEASE call child services on LDJ. This dude isn't qualified to even take care of a ham sandwich. He has NO idea how the human body works. Good God, the man has the education of an inner city 3rd grader.

You do realize what SWEAT is composed of right? You do realize drinking water isnt the ONLY way to dilute salt levels in your body right?

whether the girl ran for 3 straight hours or not, the fact is that she died because she was dehydrated. only in alabama stuff like this can happen, and now turns out that the mom was pregnant and delivered a baby is jail..

Originally Posted by LDJ

Originally Posted by LDJ

RIP 
1. Its not a ASSUMPTION a child cannot run a 45k nonstop thats just basic logic and common sense

2. I have family in the area and been there its a trailer park and she was force to run in the neighborhood and do laps... if she was doing this str8 and her parents were in the house how would they even know she did it exactly... Oh yea im to ASSUME the parents have xray vision and can see through steel/metal trailers and down roads and around corners.. She is a kid you dont think maybe she might got down the corner when they didnt see her and at very least do a light jog or even walk or stop?

3. If there were witnesses at what point does a person see a child from 4pm to 7pm decide oh ok shes been running nonstop up and down the block for 3hrs to call the police? oh no not the 1st hr oh no.... not the 2hr but at 6:45 oh well now thats when its just waaaaaaay to much  NOW its time to call the police..

4. there was only one reported witness and all the neighbors said although they had a playground etc outside toys none of them have ever seen the kids outside playing...

5. she did this because the girl had a bladder diease from eating...you guessed it too much candy

the event is sad but after reading some reports about how the father is a contract worker overseas who was filling for divorce and contacted dhr child protective services because the mom was bi-polar, over using prescription pills and a alcoholic, i blame the system... how do you know this and have it on record and say you know what......Lets not remove the child and maybe put her in a home with a family member or something.

1.  She was forced to run for 3 hours.  She died as a result of the running she did.  It doesn't matter if she passed out 10 minutes in, an hour in, or 3 hours...the point is the run that the parents deemed as the punishment, is cruel and disgusting.  NO parent would do this and they should be held accountable. 

2.  I'm sure you do. 
eyes.gif

3.  I'll take the witness account over your word. 

4.  See #3.

5.  If your child has some sort of physical ailment, why punish them in this fashion?  There's a reason this is being ruled a homicide. 

someone PLEASE call child services on LDJ. This dude isn't qualified to even take care of a ham sandwich.

Pretty much. 

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Originally Posted by LDJ

RIP 

1.  She was forced to run for 3 hours.  She died as a result of the running she did.  It doesn't matter if she passed out 10 minutes in, an hour in, or 3 hours...the point is the run that the parents deemed as the punishment, is cruel and disgusting.  NO parent would do this and they should be held accountable. 

2.  I'm sure you do. 
eyes.gif

3.  I'll take the witness account over your word. 

4.  See #3.

5.  If your child has some sort of physical ailment, why punish them in this fashion?  There's a reason this is being ruled a homicide. 

someone PLEASE call child services on LDJ. This dude isn't qualified to even take care of a ham sandwich.

Pretty much.  

1. She was forced to run for 3 hours. She died as a result of the running she did. It doesn't matter if she passed out 10 minutes in, an hour in, or 3 hours...the point is the run that the parents deemed as the punishment, is cruel and disgusting. NO parent would do this and they should be held accountable.

ok if it was ten minutes that is cruel yea ok... first you said 3hrs str8 ok like i said using your logic a child ran a 45k please sue your education and slap your parents no human child can run 24 miles str8 hell no average adult can run 24 hrs str8 but ok your right a child ran the length of a small city

3. If there were witnesses at what point does a person see a child from 4pm to 7pm decide oh ok shes been running nonstop up and down the block for 3hrs to call the police? oh no not the 1st hr oh no.... not the 2hr but at 6:45 oh well now thats when its just waaaaaaay to much NOW its time to call the police..

this is str8 from the attalla citizen, the local paper from there so saying youll believe them over me dumb#$% its is them not me its str8 from the paper.. lol dude said oh i dont believe you i believe them and i posted the witness statement from the paper.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-run-3-hours/2012/02/22/gIQAnOQCUR_story.html

and they even have it wrong they said montgomery and montgomery isnt even in etowah county. how do i know this cause i been there

so i guess the newspaper is lyin... which one. cause i stated the same thing they said

4. http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...-run-3-hours/2012/02/22/gIQAnOQCUR_story.html

5.i said they should have taken here child based on the description of the mom in the paper.. and by the way the bladder diease she had doesnt have anything to due with your athletic or physical abilities it has to do with what foods you eat..

man i swear first dudes didnt even know something you learn in like 3rd grade health class... in water causes dehydration... then dude said NOOOOOOOOOO im not gonna believe you imma believe the witness, when infact i posted the witness statement...

dudes are seriously some clowns like did you even graduate anything...

then dudes say oh witnesses said they saw here run 3hrs str8 well hell post that newspaper article... exactly can hear a rat piss on cotton...

because it didnt happen her parents told here to run around the neighborhood which is a trailer park btw for three hours while they was in the house and dudes actually think even though they was in the house the girl did not ONCE stop or even jog in the 3hrs says yall think this little girl was an idiot... and that in 3hrs if she did it no one would say anything for 3hrs

Like I said please show me where it said 3hrs str8.... post it matter fact ill do you one better ill get my so call pretend folks in alabama to send me the local paper and ill post it and ill paypal anyone who says otherwise 100 bucks..

But of course you cant yall will do the lame same oh whatever, whatever cross the lines lame gifs etc...

You are one of the most incoherent fools on this board, but yet you want to get on folks about their intellect and whether or not they graduated school?
laugh.gif
Funny.

Anyways...

She was forced to run 3 hours - fact.

Authorities say 9-year-old Savannah Hardin died after being forced to run for three hours as punishment for having lied to her grandmother about eating candy bars.

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.c...orced-to-run-for-3-hours

She died as a result of dehydration (which was obviously the result of running) - fact.

Severely dehydrated, the girl had a seizure and died days later.

and...

Witnesses told deputies that Savannah was told to run and not allowed to stop for three hours on Friday, an Etowah County Sheriff's Office spokeswoman said

http://www.usatoday.com/n...-death/53213828/1?csp=hf

Again...I'll take their word over what your simple #@+ has to say.

how the hell is this dude arguing like it's okay this little girl died? sometimes you military dudes need a reality check; I appreciate you serving the country but the sense of entitlement and elitism is unreal

Back
Top Bottom