9th Wonder or Hi-Tek ???

Who would you choose, i was listening to Reflection Eternal
eek.gif
eek.gif
and i was listening to the The Listening
eek.gif
eek.gif
as well i can't decide. Only based on production skills, who do you think is better?

if you take their best beats and compare, I'd say 9th wonder. but overall (especially lately) I'd take Tek because i feel like he has a much morewell-rounded/diverse sound.

Runnin'
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Eye For Eye
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

Hi-Tek right now, but im patiently waiting on that Wonder Years album. That might change my opinion.

9th isn't for everybody... I got nothing but love for him [usually] because I feel I can relate to him musically since we're both fl users and tend tosample obscurely at times...His style is quite predictable though...not only in drums, but in arrangement and layout as well. Plus he has a very rough sounddue to his sampling technique, so people won't always dig his stuff.

Hi-Tek is more experienced and well-rounded NH. His sound is cleaner and more applicable in different scenarios, if you will.

He made a beat for one of the artists on my label, sounds nice. Google 'mookie jones'

This is a tough one...both are ill producers...

9th has that sound where you know it's him(the crazy filtered snare)....Tek has his own sound too tho.
Tek has a better variety sounds....9th isn't one dimensional at all, but he often used "the" snare. I don't hear it so much in his new worktho.
Hi Tek has more credits under his belt...9th mainly works with the same crowd, inside and outside of Justus League
9th is a monster with his choppin' abilities, and he does it on FL Studio....Tek has a variety of equipment he uses.
9th is arguably one of the most soulful cats producin'....Tek is soulful, too tho....

DAMN THIS IS TOUGH!

Well I'll say this, Hi-Tek is better, but right now, I like 9th Wonder better.

Reflection Eternal is the definition of hip hop. One of the greatest albums ever put together.. Hi-Tek, no question about it...

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

9th Wonder will NEVER put together a better produced album than Train of Thought.

personally, i liked The Minstrel Show more than Train of Thought overall, especially beat-wise....

i pic 9th. but Tek is a beast on the boards.

Originally Posted by jpap348

if you take their best beats and compare, I'd say 9th wonder. but overall (especially lately) I'd take Tek because i feel like he has a much more well-rounded/diverse sound.

Originally Posted by jomitm

Originally Posted by Sriracha Hot Sauce

9th Wonder will NEVER put together a better produced album than Train of Thought.

personally, i liked The Minstrel Show more than Train of Thought overall, especially beat-wise....

i pic 9th. but Tek is a beast on the boards.

Im a big fan of that album, but I don't consider it a classic. However, there were some great production on it. But Reflection Enternal is easily oneof my top 5-10 albums ever.

its like apples and oranges to me. sometimes im in the mood for that 9th sound or sometimes im in the mood for that hi-tek sound. i would probably go with 9ththough

im gonna go with 9th on this but train of thought vs the listening im goin with train of thought, but the minstrel show thats a classic right there and theresnot that many albums i can say that about theres alot of dope albums but not classics...

Back
Top Bottom