___TI pleading guilty___v. SMH

http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/metro/atlanta/stories/2008/03/27/ti_0328.html
Atlanta rapper T.I. today is expected to enter a plea of guilty to multiple weapons charges, according to a person familiar with negotiations between prosecutors and the rapper's defense team.

image_6867291.jpg
T.I., whose real name is Clifford Harris Jr., is scheduled to enter his plea at 1:30 p.m. today at the federal courthouse in Atlanta. When he is sentenced at a later date, Harris faces certain prison time.

Harris was indicted in October on weapons charges that include illegally possessing three machine guns and two silencers and possession of a firearm by a convicted felon.

Federal prosecutors and Harris' defense team have been engaged in intense plea negotiations the past several weeks. The plea agreement must be approved by a federal judge. The case has been assigned to U.S. District Court Judge Charles Pannell Jr., who will preside over today's plea.

Harris was arrested in a sting in a Midtown parking lot on Oct. 13 as he allegedly tried to buy the weapons just hours before he was to receive two top awards at the BET Hip-Hop Awards in Atlanta.

Harris, one of the world's most popular rappers, is confined to his home under $3 million bond.

Harris and Atlantic Records provided the cash to cover two-thirds of the bond and the balance was secured by Harris' posh Clayton County property. He has been living there with his girlfriend and his children.

A federal magistrate recently gave Harris permission to attend Easter service. Harris and his family were among thousands who went to the Georgia Dome, where New Birth Missionary Baptist Church held its annual worship extravaganza.

Before his arrest in October, Harris had a litany of dealings with law enforcement dating back to 1997 that placed him either in jail or under arrest. These include a crack cocaine distribution conviction, giving false names to police, skipped court dates, probation violations and illegal weapons charges.

When he was arrested by federal agents, Harris was found with marijuana. He told agents the marijuana was his and that he smoked it to get ready for the BET awards show, Assistant U.S. Attorney Todd Alley said during an October bond hearing.

In an affidavit accompanying Harris' charges, Jason Stricklin, a Bureau of Alcohol, Firearms, Tobacco and Explosives special agent, said one of Harris' bodyguards cooperated with authorities in the rapper's arrest. The bodyguard, whose name has not been disclosed, told agents he illegally bought nine firearms for Harris since he began working for him in July 2007. In these "straw" purchases, Harris fronted his bodyguard thousands of dollars for the weapons, the agent's affidavits said.

Because Harris was convicted of drug distribution in June 1998 in Cobb County, his felony record prevents him from legally making gun purchases himself.

On four different occasions, Stricklin's affidavit said, Harris gave his bodyguard cash to buy firearms. The bodyguard told authorities that in September he delivered a 9 mm pistol to Harris, who invited the bodyguard into his bedroom, where he saw a large walk-in safe that contained multiple short rifles, according to the affidavit.

In October, hours before the BET awards ceremony, the bodyguard met Harris at a pre-arranged meeting place in Midtown and handed over the three machine guns and two silencers, the affidavit said. At that time, the bodyguard was wearing a hidden wire and cooperating with federal agents.

When Harris was told about one of the silencers, he said, "no flash, no bang," and later asked for the "change leftover" from the $12,000 he had given the bodyguard for the weapons, the affidavit said.

Harris was then arrested, without incident, by federal agents in the Midtown parking lot.
smh.gif
at this dude...

he had to take a plea deal, there was no way he was go head on with those charges, it was an impossible case to win
or are you
smh.gif
cuz this dude is an idiot
laugh.gif

^ when he get's out fam.....nobody will be talking about him anymore that's how long. SMH

I heard this on the Doug Banks am show a few hrs ago
smh.gif

Hopefully its the best situation he can see for himself

"dem choppas is still here, they catch me wit it, f it i'm doing my lil bid" T.I. top back remix

lil bid????

LOL

Published reports are claiming the following:
T.I., real name is Clifford Harris, is expected to be sentenced to 1,500 hours of community service talking to youth groups around the country, followed by about 12 months in prison.
The rapper was arrested last October for attempting to buy machine guns - paying for them with cash and without registering for them, as mandated by the law.

He was charged with possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers, as well as possession of firearms by a convicted felon.

He faced a maximum of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each count.

T.I. initially pleaded not guilty, and has been under house arrest since he was released on $3 million bond October 26th.

A change-of-plea hearing is scheduled at 1:30 p.m. at the federal courthouse in Atlanta today.

SOHH.COM

if this !%%# is true this man better be thanking god everyday for the rest of his life considering *@% he was facing!

TIP only gettin a year in the box... he still gonna be relevant, he gonna be doing his pre jail promo for paper chase, maybe shoot a few videos so by the timehe come home, it'll almost be like he never left....

And SMH @ his body guard....he gonna get it bad.

{TIP}I Feel Another Case Coming on Anyday{/TIP}

eek.gif

To be rich and famous......Son only getting a year.....
smokin.gif
smh.gif

In that case cats will of course still know who he is...I was thinking as if he was getting sentenced as a regular joe.
laugh.gif

smh.gif
smh.gif
Damn T.I. was one of my favorite southern rappers. The legal system isvery tough in cases like his. When he gets out I hope he doesn't get into this mess again.

Originally Posted by The Big Homey

he had to take a plea deal, there was no way he was go head on with those charges, it was an impossible case to win
or are you
smh.gif
cuz this dude is an idiot
laugh.gif

the second one
laugh.gif

T.I., real name is Clifford Harris, is expected to be sentenced to 1,500 hours of community service talking to youth groups around the country, followed by about 12 months in prison.

The rapper was arrested last October for attempting to buy machine guns - paying for them with cash and without registering for them, as mandated by the law.

He was charged with possession of unregistered machine guns and silencers, as well as possession of firearms by a convicted felon.

He faced a maximum of 10 years in prison and a $250,000 fine for each count.

T.I. initially pleaded not guilty, and has been under house arrest since he was released on $3 million bond October 26th.

A change-of-plea hearing is scheduled at 1:30 p.m. at the federal courthouse in Atlanta today.

SOHH.COM

if that is right then damn...i don't even know how that worked out?! i mean i didn't see him getting the full 10 but i expected them tomake an example outta him...caught redhanded, pleads not guilty then changes it...they coulda went in on him

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

Expected.

Damn I wonder how long he'll be in for.

Yea I expected a plea deal...the deal does not sound bad either for how serious it might have been had it went to trial

smh.gif
Justice aint served...I'm not a fan of him but he has some good music...with that said, if I was trying to get guns like that, I'd be going in for along time...so put his +#% in there for the same amount
smh.gif

all i ca say is
tired.gif

give me that level of success,,,, and you wont catch me gettin my hands dirty.
keep ya head up tip.

ARE YOU %+*!#!* KIDDING ME A YEAR! A %+*!#!* YEAR! GET THE %@*% OUTTA HERE!!!! THIS !%$@% HAS TO BE THE LUCKIEST!%$@% ON THE PLANET!!!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Originally Posted by The Big Homey

ARE YOU %+*!#!* KIDDING ME A YEAR! A %+*!#!* YEAR! GET THE %@*% OUTTA HERE!!!! THIS !%$@% HAS TO BE THE LUCKIEST !%$@% ON THE PLANET!!!

eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

pimp.gif

If TIP only getting a year...

Son got the greatest lawyers in the country......Dude got that same lawyer Clay Davis had in 'The Wire'....

Dude was looking a the rest of his life in jail and last I heard, his plea deal was for like 15 years...

Sorry to say it....But, I gonna wanna see what the hell he exactly plead to and if h gave any type of information in order to go from 15 years to One year ans1500 communinty servie hours????? _'s get that for battery or some $%+!....
smh.gif
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom