A$AP

Welp...Yea.
And Tim, Bronson is sort of building a base outside the city.  It's not mainstream but dude is constantly touring outside the Tri-State now, he's doing an album with a producer named Party Supplies who is on Fool's Gold.  While he'll never have huge mainstream appeal, I think its wrong to lump him in with the rest of the guys you mentioned.

Welp...Yea.
And Tim, Bronson is sort of building a base outside the city.  It's not mainstream but dude is constantly touring outside the Tri-State now, he's doing an album with a producer named Party Supplies who is on Fool's Gold.  While he'll never have huge mainstream appeal, I think its wrong to lump him in with the rest of the guys you mentioned.

"&*%$ is everybody so mad at the south for, Learn how to switch ya style up go southpaw" - Jadakiss
Let A$AP flourish.

"&*%$ is everybody so mad at the south for, Learn how to switch ya style up go southpaw" - Jadakiss
Let A$AP flourish.

Originally Posted by airmaxpenny1

Welp...Yea.

Yeah, I'd say Bronson:Rocky is similar to Curren$y:Wiz.

Welp...Yea.

Yeah, I'd say Bronson:Rocky is similar to Curren$y:Wiz.

Welp...Yea.

I'm definitely rooting for Bronson. Huge fan of his.

I was just rattling of relatively new names. There's 545489 of those guys.

Welp...Yea.

I'm definitely rooting for Bronson. Huge fan of his.

I was just rattling of relatively new names. There's 545489 of those guys.

Bronson + MFN Exquire are new compared to the other dudes you named. Bronson will definitely be around for a while and MFN Exquire has potential.

Bronson + MFN Exquire are new compared to the other dudes you named. Bronson will definitely be around for a while and MFN Exquire has potential.

Originally Posted by TheGrimm

NY cats in here sounding so fxckin bitter, man.

Instead of trying to accept the kid for finally being something refreshing out of your city's STALE & REPETITIVE music scene, yall would rather crucify him cuz he didn't follow the cookie cutter mold.

Look where the NY mold has gotten all your new artists (which is the only demographic i'm talking about. Don't bring established dudes like Hov & Nas into this). Look at Action Bronson, M'fin eXquire, Maffew Ragazino, Vado, Reek da Villain, Fred the Blobson and the 534843734 other new NY cats. Hell, i'll even go more veteran cats like Red Cafe, French, hell, even Maino. They ONLY bubble in the tri-state. THAT'S IT. If you're the casual hip hop fan that doesn't live on NahRight, you don't even know who half these dudes are cuz they're ALL lumped into the New York Rapper not named Jay & Nas label. That's how everyone that doesn't live in NY sees them, so we (remaining 49 states) don't really give a damn about them

Imo, I don't even get how yall are mad at the kid. NY only has themselves to blame. Rocky's 23(?) at the oldest. In his teens (mid 2000s), The South raped NY radio, hell, all radio. Wayne, Jeezy, Ross, Tip, and co were ALL POPPING in the mid 2000s. Hell, I know Mike Jones' "Still Tippin" was poppin nationwide when I was 16 (im 23). This was how the kid probably got influenced to the southern style. Before Ninja replies with some BS about Biggie & BDP being played on Hot 97 too, I believe only Mister Cee does that (FOR AN HOUR daily), the rest of the DJs played all the popping southern songs. How do you expect the kid not to follow this mold? Take away the top 3-5 hip hop moguls, everyone else is from the south.

Hitting the other side of the argument, I can only laugh at Houston cats like Killa Kyleon getting mad at Rocky. Literally
laugh.gif
. Bruh gotta get mad at Drake then, who basically came to his city and instantly became family to J. Prince and his family. Is J. Prince not Houston royalty? Bun B's Trill OG opens with J Prince welcoming Drake to the family.
roll.gif
. Where was Kyleon's backlash then? This guy Bun B has been all on Twitter tweeting about kicking it with the A$AP crew, IS BUN B NOT WORSHIPPED IN HOUSTON/TX?!

This kid is now already gonna be touring with Drake, taking his music nationwide, building a fan base outside the god-forsaken tri-state, something new cats out of NY NEVER do. I don't think it even matters to the dude if NY or Houston accepts him. He's making music people from LA to Chicago can rock too and thats all that matters. No one's crowning him a star. People are just enjoying the music for what it is. And the fact that he's from NY just makes it funny.

Cliffs: People from NY & Houston are bitter.

I agree with a lot of what you said...and your post is gonna get the sofrito in Ninjahood's veins boiling...

I actually can't wait to read his rebuttal. 

NY cats in here sounding so fxckin bitter, man.

Instead of trying to accept the kid for finally being something refreshing out of your city's STALE & REPETITIVE music scene, yall would rather crucify him cuz he didn't follow the cookie cutter mold.

Look where the NY mold has gotten all your new artists (which is the only demographic i'm talking about. Don't bring established dudes like Hov & Nas into this). Look at Action Bronson, M'fin eXquire, Maffew Ragazino, Vado, Reek da Villain, Fred the Blobson and the 534843734 other new NY cats. Hell, i'll even go more veteran cats like Red Cafe, French, hell, even Maino. They ONLY bubble in the tri-state. THAT'S IT. If you're the casual hip hop fan that doesn't live on NahRight, you don't even know who half these dudes are cuz they're ALL lumped into the New York Rapper not named Jay & Nas label. That's how everyone that doesn't live in NY sees them, so we (remaining 49 states) don't really give a damn about them

Imo, I don't even get how yall are mad at the kid. NY only has themselves to blame. Rocky's 23(?) at the oldest. In his teens (mid 2000s), The South raped NY radio, hell, all radio. Wayne, Jeezy, Ross, Tip, and co were ALL POPPING in the mid 2000s. Hell, I know Mike Jones' "Still Tippin" was poppin nationwide when I was 16 (im 23). This was how the kid probably got influenced to the southern style. Before Ninja replies with some BS about Biggie & BDP being played on Hot 97 too, I believe only Mister Cee does that (FOR AN HOUR daily), the rest of the DJs played all the popping southern songs. How do you expect the kid not to follow this mold? Take away the top 3-5 hip hop moguls, everyone else is from the south.

Hitting the other side of the argument, I can only laugh at Houston cats like Killa Kyleon getting mad at Rocky. Literally
laugh.gif
. Bruh gotta get mad at Drake then, who basically came to his city and instantly became family to J. Prince and his family. Is J. Prince not Houston royalty? Bun B's Trill OG opens with J Prince welcoming Drake to the family.
roll.gif
. Where was Kyleon's backlash then? This guy Bun B has been all on Twitter tweeting about kicking it with the A$AP crew, IS BUN B NOT WORSHIPPED IN HOUSTON/TX?!

This kid is now already gonna be touring with Drake, taking his music nationwide, building a fan base outside the god-forsaken tri-state, something new cats out of NY NEVER do. I don't think it even matters to the dude if NY or Houston accepts him. He's making music people from LA to Chicago can rock too and thats all that matters. No one's crowning him a star. People are just enjoying the music for what it is. And the fact that he's from NY just makes it funny.

Cliffs: People from NY & Houston are bitter.

I agree with a lot of what you said...and your post is gonna get the sofrito in Ninjahood's veins boiling...

I actually can't wait to read his rebuttal. 

Originally Posted by ciph4

Bronson has super charisma.

eXquire is a rappin a** rapper to me.

Exquire's been getting coverage from the hipster publications (P4K, Stereogum, FADER) so that crowd will keep him around for a while.
The "Still lost as Holden Caulfield, The Catcher in The Rye, skullf*ck a *%+$ b*tch and catch her in the eye." line and a few other tracks off his tape will have me check for the next one. 

Exquire's been getting coverage from the hipster publications (P4K, Stereogum, FADER) so that crowd will keep him around for a while.
The "Still lost as Holden Caulfield, The Catcher in The Rye, skullf*ck a *%+$ b*tch and catch her in the eye." line and a few other tracks off his tape will have me check for the next one. 

People stating ASAP is gon easily thrive in the south are really underestimating or mistakenly ignorant to the grind, content, appeal and culture of alotta artists down here...

he rap about some of the things but he aint really of this culture like that. Good luck to him tho...he got a leg up on his fellow rappers up there far as appeal.

People stating ASAP is gon easily thrive in the south are really underestimating or mistakenly ignorant to the grind, content, appeal and culture of alotta artists down here...

he rap about some of the things but he aint really of this culture like that. Good luck to him tho...he got a leg up on his fellow rappers up there far as appeal.

Look at Action Bronson, M'fin eXquire, Maffew Ragazino, Vado, Reek da Villain, Fred the Blobson and the 534843734 other new NY cats.

I for sure have never heard of any of these people.

Look at Action Bronson, M'fin eXquire, Maffew Ragazino, Vado, Reek da Villain, Fred the Blobson and the 534843734 other new NY cats.

I for sure have never heard of any of these people.

Back
Top Bottom