A$AP

ASAP Rocky is by far the most unconventional NY rapper ever, but I respect it. His love in the south will grow like crazy once he blows. 
I just want to hear him spit that 'Peso' style flow more..

Originally Posted by Animal Thug1539

ASAP Rocky is by far the most unconventional NY rapper ever, but I respect it. His love in the south will grow like crazy once he blows. 

yep

ive heard peso a couple times down here and thats rare bc up top rap gets no play down here unless its somebody major.

hope he keeps showing love for the south, i rock with the youngin.

yep

ive heard peso a couple times down here and thats rare bc up top rap gets no play down here unless its somebody major.

yep

How is he unconventional ?

How is he unconventional ?

Originally Posted by ninjahood

Originally Posted by blackmagnus514

no taft, no lennox ave, no 7th, no fosters, no "top of da hill" on east side, no barrio, no polo grounds, no 145, no nuffin...just "tippin on 44's on my Cadillac sippin lean" 
laugh.gif

Lmao someone said how you gripping wood grain when you ride the 2 and 3 uptown
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
You two are sad, b.

no taft, no lennox ave, no 7th, no fosters, no "top of da hill" on east side, no barrio, no polo grounds, no 145, no nuffin...just "tippin on 44's on my Cadillac sippin lean" 
laugh.gif

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
roll.gif
You two are sad, b.

NY cats in here sounding so fxckin bitter, man.

Instead of trying to accept the kid for finally being something refreshing out of your city's STALE & REPETITIVE music scene, yall would rather crucify him cuz he didn't follow the cookie cutter mold.

Look where the NY mold has gotten all your new artists (which is the only demographic i'm talking about. Don't bring established dudes like Hov & Nas into this). Look at Action Bronson, M'fin eXquire, Maffew Ragazino, Vado, Reek da Villain, Fred the Blobson and the 534843734 other new NY cats. Hell, i'll even go more veteran cats like Red Cafe, French, hell, even Maino. They ONLY bubble in the tri-state. THAT'S IT. If you're the casual hip hop fan that doesn't live on NahRight, you don't even know who half these dudes are cuz they're ALL lumped into the New York Rapper not named Jay & Nas label. That's how everyone that doesn't live in NY sees them, so we (remaining 49 states) don't really give a damn about them

Imo, I don't even get how yall are mad at the kid. NY only has themselves to blame. Rocky's 23(?) at the oldest. In his teens (mid 2000s), The South raped NY radio, hell, all radio. Wayne, Jeezy, Ross, Tip, and co were ALL POPPING in the mid 2000s. Hell, I know Mike Jones' "Still Tippin" was poppin nationwide when I was 16 (im 23). This was how the kid probably got influenced to the southern style. Before Ninja replies with some BS about Biggie & BDP being played on Hot 97 too, I believe only Mister Cee does that (FOR AN HOUR daily), the rest of the DJs played all the popping southern songs. How do you expect the kid not to follow this mold? Take away the top 3-5 hip hop moguls, everyone else is from the south.

Hitting the other side of the argument, I can only laugh at Houston cats like Killa Kyleon getting mad at Rocky. Literally
laugh.gif
. Bruh gotta get mad at Drake then, who basically came to his city and instantly became family to J. Prince and his family. Is J. Prince not Houston royalty? Bun B's Trill OG opens with J Prince welcoming Drake to the family.
roll.gif
. Where was Kyleon's backlash then? This guy Bun B has been all on Twitter tweeting about kicking it with the A$AP crew, IS BUN B NOT WORSHIPPED IN HOUSTON/TX?!

This kid is now already gonna be touring with Drake, taking his music nationwide, building a fan base outside the god-forsaken tri-state, something new cats out of NY NEVER do. I don't think it even matters to the dude if NY or Houston accepts him. He's making music people from LA to Chicago can rock too and thats all that matters. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]No one's crowning him a star.[/color] People are just enjoying the music for what it is. And the fact that he's from NY just makes it funny.

Cliffs: People from NY & Houston are bitter.

NY cats in here sounding so fxckin bitter, man.

Instead of trying to accept the kid for finally being something refreshing out of your city's STALE & REPETITIVE music scene, yall would rather crucify him cuz he didn't follow the cookie cutter mold.

Look where the NY mold has gotten all your new artists (which is the only demographic i'm talking about. Don't bring established dudes like Hov & Nas into this). Look at Action Bronson, M'fin eXquire, Maffew Ragazino, Vado, Reek da Villain, Fred the Blobson and the 534843734 other new NY cats. Hell, i'll even go more veteran cats like Red Cafe, French, hell, even Maino. They ONLY bubble in the tri-state. THAT'S IT. If you're the casual hip hop fan that doesn't live on NahRight, you don't even know who half these dudes are cuz they're ALL lumped into the New York Rapper not named Jay & Nas label. That's how everyone that doesn't live in NY sees them, so we (remaining 49 states) don't really give a damn about them

Imo, I don't even get how yall are mad at the kid. NY only has themselves to blame. Rocky's 23(?) at the oldest. In his teens (mid 2000s), The South raped NY radio, hell, all radio. Wayne, Jeezy, Ross, Tip, and co were ALL POPPING in the mid 2000s. Hell, I know Mike Jones' "Still Tippin" was poppin nationwide when I was 16 (im 23). This was how the kid probably got influenced to the southern style. Before Ninja replies with some BS about Biggie & BDP being played on Hot 97 too, I believe only Mister Cee does that (FOR AN HOUR daily), the rest of the DJs played all the popping southern songs. How do you expect the kid not to follow this mold? Take away the top 3-5 hip hop moguls, everyone else is from the south.

Hitting the other side of the argument, I can only laugh at Houston cats like Killa Kyleon getting mad at Rocky. Literally
laugh.gif
. Bruh gotta get mad at Drake then, who basically came to his city and instantly became family to J. Prince and his family. Is J. Prince not Houston royalty? Bun B's Trill OG opens with J Prince welcoming Drake to the family.
roll.gif
. Where was Kyleon's backlash then? This guy Bun B has been all on Twitter tweeting about kicking it with the A$AP crew, IS BUN B NOT WORSHIPPED IN HOUSTON/TX?!

This kid is now already gonna be touring with Drake, taking his music nationwide, building a fan base outside the god-forsaken tri-state, something new cats out of NY NEVER do. I don't think it even matters to the dude if NY or Houston accepts him. He's making music people from LA to Chicago can rock too and thats all that matters. [color= rgb(255, 0, 0)]No one's crowning him a star.[/color] People are just enjoying the music for what it is. And the fact that he's from NY just makes it funny.

Cliffs: People from NY & Houston are bitter.

Lol @ Harlem cats not even acknowledging this kid.

If there's one thing I know about a Harlem cat, it's that theyre fiercely proud of whaetever block they're from. This dude hasn't even said where in Harlem he's from. They probably just told him to front like he was from Harlem.
laugh.gif

I was reading the Complex interview w. him...and I forget which one he said (either Harlem or the BX), but he was saying that he doesn't like to chill there.  I really think he was talking about Harlem.  He said there is more diversity in other parts of the city and that's why he doesn't kick it in his old hood. 

Anyways...I DL'd last night and will listen to the mixtape when I go on my run this afternoon....gonna see what the hype is about. 

Lol @ Harlem cats not even acknowledging this kid.

If there's one thing I know about a Harlem cat, it's that theyre fiercely proud of whaetever block they're from. This dude hasn't even said where in Harlem he's from. They probably just told him to front like he was from Harlem.
laugh.gif

I was reading the Complex interview w. him...and I forget which one he said (either Harlem or the BX), but he was saying that he doesn't like to chill there.  I really think he was talking about Harlem.  He said there is more diversity in other parts of the city and that's why he doesn't kick it in his old hood. 

Anyways...I DL'd last night and will listen to the mixtape when I go on my run this afternoon....gonna see what the hype is about. 

Back
Top Bottom