A$AP

did you guys already forget about kreayshawn?

this chick literally signed a million dollar deal and blew up off of ONE song.. i heard this chick literally performs gucci gucci multiple times at her shows smh..

if she could do it with ONE song.. i dont see whats so confusing about ASAPs sudden rise to fame..

did you guys already forget about kreayshawn?

this chick literally signed a million dollar deal and blew up off of ONE song.. i heard this chick literally performs gucci gucci multiple times at her shows smh..

if she could do it with ONE song.. i dont see whats so confusing about ASAPs sudden rise to fame..

I'm just saying.

From a Billboard/industry standpoint, they're going to want to see his demand and quantify him somehow, whether it's through sales on ITunes or other distributors.

There's a huge difference between being a fan and being on thebandwagon...it's like if you don't think money is worth getting the cover of a Fader or Kreayshawn on a Complex, then you're hating. It took Drake like 2 mix tapes to change the game. You got cats on magazine covers with three songs and terrible stage presence because their boys are mobbing with them. And whether yalll want to admit it or not, labels have the resources for mass distribution, and this is all stuff they think about. The hype is good...but how is this kid making money off his art? And how can we make money off his art?

I'm not hating, just saying real $%#.every generation has rappers tha polarizes people...I'm just missing the hype with this kid and I'm not ready to crown him NYCs anointed off such limited material. few months from now, we'll see what he's up to.

I'm just saying.

From a Billboard/industry standpoint, they're going to want to see his demand and quantify him somehow, whether it's through sales on ITunes or other distributors.

There's a huge difference between being a fan and being on thebandwagon...it's like if you don't think money is worth getting the cover of a Fader or Kreayshawn on a Complex, then you're hating. It took Drake like 2 mix tapes to change the game. You got cats on magazine covers with three songs and terrible stage presence because their boys are mobbing with them. And whether yalll want to admit it or not, labels have the resources for mass distribution, and this is all stuff they think about. The hype is good...but how is this kid making money off his art? And how can we make money off his art?

I'm not hating, just saying real $%#.every generation has rappers tha polarizes people...I'm just missing the hype with this kid and I'm not ready to crown him NYCs anointed off such limited material. few months from now, we'll see what he's up to.

Blackmagnus - I can respect that position. I guess, me personally, I try not to get too wrapped up in everything outside of the artists music.

Somebody drops something, I listen. I like or don't, thats it. If I dig it, I check for more. If I dont I keep it moving. I dont get caught up in acts I dont like and dont find myself wasting my time on music Im not feeling.

This dude has a couple songs out, but they've been in heavy rotation, more than anything else for me, these past couple days.

point blank period.

the landscapes changed bruh.. if homie has horrible stage presence and this is something he takes serious, he'll develop that. he's young, give him time. lol

Blackmagnus - I can respect that position. I guess, me personally, I try not to get too wrapped up in everything outside of the artists music.

Somebody drops something, I listen. I like or don't, thats it. If I dig it, I check for more. If I dont I keep it moving. I dont get caught up in acts I dont like and dont find myself wasting my time on music Im not feeling.

This dude has a couple songs out, but they've been in heavy rotation, more than anything else for me, these past couple days.

point blank period.

the landscapes changed bruh.. if homie has horrible stage presence and this is something he takes serious, he'll develop that. he's young, give him time. lol

While I agree with you k, this kid hasn't made one bad step yet. Yeah his stage presence needs work but it's clear he's trying to get that OFWGKTA feel who (not counting Wayne, Jay or Kanye) are the best CURRENT live performers in Hip Hop. Is he succeeding? No. But these are also shows in NYC off like you said 3 songs. Once he travels off a tape and people know the words to more than 2 songs maybe they'll be on stage too moshing with these dudes.

Me and Robby talked about this and no matter how much hype he gets when his mixtape drops and if its trash he's done. It's a wrap for him and the whole crew. BUT, BUT, BUT if this is just as nice as the songs he's been dropping he will have a nice career and Fader can have credibility for getting something before it's hot and Drake will get slurped up for not getting a mega star on his tour just someone he %+#@+ with who turns out to be the next big thing.

Then again if he fails Fader and Drake look like penis riders. But that's the game and the chance you take. And even his fans in here aren't ready to crown him King of New York yet but 70% of this board lives outside of New York and this is the first NY rapper to get us excited in a long way. Like who was the last one before him? No one out of the tri state was checking for Maino, Papoose or whatever. Blame it on the Southern swagger jacking or not but there's something about this guy that has people WANTING  to listen. Whether we KEEP listening or not is up to him.

While I agree with you k, this kid hasn't made one bad step yet. Yeah his stage presence needs work but it's clear he's trying to get that OFWGKTA feel who (not counting Wayne, Jay or Kanye) are the best CURRENT live performers in Hip Hop. Is he succeeding? No. But these are also shows in NYC off like you said 3 songs. Once he travels off a tape and people know the words to more than 2 songs maybe they'll be on stage too moshing with these dudes.

Me and Robby talked about this and no matter how much hype he gets when his mixtape drops and if its trash he's done. It's a wrap for him and the whole crew. BUT, BUT, BUT if this is just as nice as the songs he's been dropping he will have a nice career and Fader can have credibility for getting something before it's hot and Drake will get slurped up for not getting a mega star on his tour just someone he %+#@+ with who turns out to be the next big thing.

Then again if he fails Fader and Drake look like penis riders. But that's the game and the chance you take. And even his fans in here aren't ready to crown him King of New York yet but 70% of this board lives outside of New York and this is the first NY rapper to get us excited in a long way. Like who was the last one before him? No one out of the tri state was checking for Maino, Papoose or whatever. Blame it on the Southern swagger jacking or not but there's something about this guy that has people WANTING  to listen. Whether we KEEP listening or not is up to him.

You don't understand Trevon.

I feel where you and the other cats are coming from as fans...but on the publicity side..and as someone who worked at the company that runs Fader...

Fader has consistently been on the money with their covers. Damn near everyone on their cover has been a star, superstar or something of that sort, Ye, MIA, Ghostface, Lupe...after releasing a substantial (read: two releases or mixtapes) amount of music.

For them to give him the cover so soon was a misstep. Danny Brown deserved it way more..his project had more critical acclaim and he has a way more compelling story.

Then ya'll know on the outside how NYC cats and the media are. I know on the inside how they are. He drops the mixtape and ppl decide he's not saying anything. Its a wrap. Especially Harlem being the place it is. You still got mad Dipset loyalists up there....so for this kid to come sounding like a Houston cat...AND dropping wack @%%...it'd a disgrace

NYC will build you up and tear you down.

You don't understand Trevon.

I feel where you and the other cats are coming from as fans...but on the publicity side..and as someone who worked at the company that runs Fader...

Fader has consistently been on the money with their covers. Damn near everyone on their cover has been a star, superstar or something of that sort, Ye, MIA, Ghostface, Lupe...after releasing a substantial (read: two releases or mixtapes) amount of music.

For them to give him the cover so soon was a misstep. Danny Brown deserved it way more..his project had more critical acclaim and he has a way more compelling story.

Then ya'll know on the outside how NYC cats and the media are. I know on the inside how they are. He drops the mixtape and ppl decide he's not saying anything. Its a wrap. Especially Harlem being the place it is. You still got mad Dipset loyalists up there....so for this kid to come sounding like a Houston cat...AND dropping wack @%%...it'd a disgrace

NYC will build you up and tear you down.

Frank Ocean & James Blake only had 1 tape/album out when they had a cover.

And the funny thing is reading your reply we saying the same thing. I KNOW for a fact if it's wack NY will eat him up. ASAP will go back to smoking weed in front of Alife. That's why I put the big BUT. Cause you know like I know with the hype how it is now if he drops a tape, and it's FIRE, and it has ANTHEMS, and he goes on tour with Drake the HYPE will be crazy. And Fader will get props. It's a risky move so at the end of the day in 2 months you can say "I told you so" or "Damn ASAP you done came up"

Frank Ocean & James Blake only had 1 tape/album out when they had a cover.

And the funny thing is reading your reply we saying the same thing. I KNOW for a fact if it's wack NY will eat him up. ASAP will go back to smoking weed in front of Alife. That's why I put the big BUT. Cause you know like I know with the hype how it is now if he drops a tape, and it's FIRE, and it has ANTHEMS, and he goes on tour with Drake the HYPE will be crazy. And Fader will get props. It's a risky move so at the end of the day in 2 months you can say "I told you so" or "Damn ASAP you done came up"

He was supposed to perform tonight in Atlanta at the A3C festival, but he just didn't show up. A lot of people were disappointed. Vado didn't show either.

He was supposed to perform tonight in Atlanta at the A3C festival, but he just didn't show up. A lot of people were disappointed. Vado didn't show either.

asap will be fine

he can do shows in houston right now if he wanted to and i can see houston being in love with his sound

i think bun b already gave him a nod

the boy isn't going anywhere, ny is no longer strong enough to stop someones career, yall talking some 90's gibberish

plus i'm really familiar with the people behind him and they aren't gonna stop til the boy is sitting right, his place in the game is pretty much fully furnished, if he gets a drake feature or vice versa it's a wrap

asap will be fine

he can do shows in houston right now if he wanted to and i can see houston being in love with his sound

i think bun b already gave him a nod

the boy isn't going anywhere, ny is no longer strong enough to stop someones career, yall talking some 90's gibberish

plus i'm really familiar with the people behind him and they aren't gonna stop til the boy is sitting right, his place in the game is pretty much fully furnished, if he gets a drake feature or vice versa it's a wrap

Originally Posted by All Ready

plus i'm really familiar with the people behind him and they aren't gonna stop til the boy is sitting right, his place in the game is pretty much fully furnished

So... Im guessing these people stopped dude from performing in Atlanta, delayed his mixtape, and is the reason dude puts out one song a month

Originally Posted by All Ready

plus i'm really familiar with the people behind him and they aren't gonna stop til the boy is sitting right, his place in the game is pretty much fully furnished

So... Im guessing these people stopped dude from performing in Atlanta, delayed his mixtape, and is the reason dude puts out one song a month

Back
Top Bottom