A Gentlemen's Discussion of Retro Video Games (Super NES/Genesis Era and Earlier)

^^ did someone just say Dreamcast was trash? Dreamcast is a classic.

Crazy Taxi

Sonic Adventure (1 & 2)

Spawn

Virtual On

Rival Schools

Ready 2 Rumble

Shenmue

Jet Grind Radio

MvC2

you can play all these games for free. With a cd burner.  My brother made a killing in high school when not many people had a burner

Crazy Taxi
Sonic Adventure (1 & 2)
Spawn
Virtual On
Rival Schools
Ready 2 Rumble
Shenmue
Jet Grind Radio
MvC2

you can play all these games for free. With a cd burner.  My brother made a killing in high school when not many people had a burner
the console was awesome, the library and prices werent.

Crazy Taxi
Sonic Adventure (1 & 2)
Spawn
Virtual On
Rival Schools
Ready 2 Rumble
Shenmue
Jet Grind Radio
MvC2

Don't forget Power Stone 1 & 2. :smile:

Bought these for a dollar each at the flea market a 2 days ago
Wow..... 

My wii is soft modded though so it can run all old school systems emulators and roms. I got a bunch of stuff on it at the moment, only the 64 emulator doesnt work 100%

People out there are special man I tell you. 

my god 
glasses.gif
... is that sonic spinball?

Yeah I was pretty sure it wasn't going to work. My roommate was convinced it would be fine. Rather than look it up on the Internet we decided to have some fun and boot it up to see who was right. It was nice to see that my OG Nintendo from 1985 still works fine and I've had two 360's crap out on me :smh:

**** tha blew my mind as a kid was being able to control the ducks with the 2nd player controller! True story!

Bought these for a dollar each at the flea market a 2 days ago
Wow..... 

My wii is soft modded though so it can run all old school systems emulators and roms. I got a bunch of stuff on it at the moment, only the 64 emulator doesnt work 100%

People out there are special man I tell you. 
you should download Project64 it's a great N64 emulator. how do you mod your Wii? i've been buying games for the virtual comsole
mean.gif

Funny, I literally just turned off my SNES (was playing Yoshi's Island, cousin gave me her extra copy :D) and saw this thread. I'll post my collection later, I've been revisiting/buying many old classics that I cherished during my childhood. The same games still bring the magic unlike the majority of today's generation video games, to me at least.

@Marco23, it's pretty easy to mod your Wii. Not sure if it's legal to talk about on here, but a quick google about softmods will get you started. Emulators come as separate downloads but they all work almost the same way.

I recently brought out the old Genesis and I don't have a CRT anymore. Hooking up with the old RF unit to the HD is not the wave. :smh:

I've been doing research into how to upscale older consoles and the option I've seen recommended most is like $400. I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative. I've found an RCA output for the Genesis and some RCA to HDMI upscalers on eBay that are around $30-$40, which I can do, but only if I know it works well.

Has anyone successfully upscaled a SNES or Genesis on an HDTV in here for a considerate price?

I recently brought out the old Genesis and I don't have a CRT anymore. Hooking up with the old RF unit to the HD is not the wave. :smh:

I've been doing research into how to upscale older consoles and the option I've seen recommended most is like $400. I'm trying to find a cheaper alternative. I've found an RCA output for the Genesis and some RCA to HDMI upscalers on eBay that are around $30-$40, which I can do, but only if I know it works well.

Has anyone successfully upscaled a SNES or Genesis on an HDTV in here for a considerate price?

Lol I just connect it using the standard red, yellow, white cables

None of that upscaling stuff with an hdmi...some games aren't meant to be played with hdmi obviously lol...you'll get some badly pixelated games

Lol I just connect it using the standard red, yellow, white cables

None of that upscaling stuff with an hdmi...some games aren't meant to be played with hdmi obviously lol...you'll get some badly pixelated games

I don't like the stretched image with the washed out colour and blurriness. I saw some examples of people upscaling their NES, SNES, and Genesis consoles on HDTV and they look so good.

f509758c_cJitTg7.jpeg

River City Ransom was such a good game. Me and my cousin used to play the hellout of that. I haven't played it since maybe 98, and I don't know how many levels it had, but it seemed like that game went on forever

:pimp: To whoever mentioned how great WWF Wrestling Challenge's Theme/Menu music was. Damn right it was man.

I did. That and Gamecube were my two worst console purchases. The burned games thing was awesome but there weren't a lot of good games for it. Power Stone was trash Idc what anyone says.

Zombie Revenge though...... Pure crack
If it weren't for Dreamcast there would be no NBA 2K. Dreamcast was vicious man.

No Sega Saturn dudes out there?

I remember my mum used to let us rent 2 games every Thursday after school from the local Blockbuster! She used to play the games with us too, and beat all the hard levels that me and my brothers couldn't :lol:

One time we had Donkey Kong Country 2 for like 3 weeks because we wanted to finish it so badly

I remember my mum used to let us rent 2 games every Thursday after school from the local Blockbuster! She used to play the games with us too, and beat all the hard levels that me and my brothers couldn't :lol:

One time we had Donkey Kong Country 2 for like 3 weeks because we wanted to finish it so badly

haha 1 time I rented from blocked buster but didn't want to return the game I borrowed. I was really young and thought I could just thrown another game in the rental box and they wouldn't check it. My mom got a call from them that the wrong game was in the box. She was pissed when she had to drive back lol

My cuz in florida still has his genesis. I remember when he first got it and we were playing sonic on it.

Twin cobra, road rash, batman movie game, aladdin, mortal kombat, ....good times.

Back
Top Bottom