A Gentlemen's Discussion of Retro Video Games (Super NES/Genesis Era and Earlier)

Just tried to play Duck Hunt. Ripped out the OG pistol from 1985 and everything...

Video below :smh:

the gun only works on the old school tvs

Yeah I was pretty sure it wasn't going to work. My roommate was convinced it would be fine. Rather than look it up on the Internet we decided to have some fun and boot it up to see who was right. It was nice to see that my OG Nintendo from 1985 still works fine and I've had two 360's crap out on me :smh:

Last edited:
Street fighter 2: champion edition is the only thing that matters

Last edited:
Anyone cop a Dreamcast off Ebay before? They are pretty cheap, and I believe its easy to get bootleg games

The soundtrack to this was done by Kurt Harland from the band Information Society, I remember it being really really good for a cartridge based game, looking on wikipedia I see that it actually got a release in 1996.

Now for some more content relevant to the topic, when I was growing up we had various computers at the house from about 1984 on we'd get a new one every few years. I remember the Sierra Online adventure games very fondly.
Kings Quest, Space Quest, Quest for Glory all of those entertained me for hours on end. It was a sad day when I heard that the company had been bought out and one of the first things they did was shut down the Oakhurst location and get rid of all the people that worked on adventure games. Over the years there's been some fan made sequels to the games, that are usually pretty terrible, but I've noticed that there's a few kickstarters that achieved funding from some of the original guys.

Anyone cop a Dreamcast off Ebay before? They are pretty cheap, and I believe its easy to get bootleg games

Yea it plays burned games. Just burn them to a disc and you're good to go.

Hmmmmmm......Never had a Dreamcast :smokin
I did. That and Gamecube were my two worst console purchases. The burned games thing was awesome but there weren't a lot of good games for it. Power Stone was trash Idc what anyone says.

Zombie Revenge though...... Pure crack

Last edited:
I did. That and Gamecube were my two worst console purchases. The burned games thing was awesome but there weren't a lot of good games for it. Power Stone was trash Idc what anyone says.

Zombie Revenge though...... Pure crack

I can't say that I agree, there were a lot of great games that came out for the dreamcast, look at how many of them have ended up being ported over as PSN and XBL titles. I find that if you have the ability to play downloaded games things tend to make things unimpressive. You get bored easily when you can just take another .17 disc and burn yourself a new game.

View media item 534701
Did anyone here every own one of these? I missed out on a chance to pick one up about 14 years ago on the cheap and now whenever I look them up on ebay I get mad that I didn't jump on it. Totally underrated system that had some great games, but had the misfortune of coming out right as the big crash happened.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom