A Gentlemen's Discussion of Retro Video Games (Super NES/Genesis Era and Earlier)

Like what? I haven't ran into anything yet.

Been playing SNES, Genesis, N64, NES, Dreamcast.

my bad fam, Im completely out of the loop when it comes to the old school systems, how do I go about playing some of these classics again?

(obviously without copping an OG system/games) :nerd:

Last edited:
This thread makes me want to go back home and get my NES and SNES from mom duke's crib

Playing Yoshi's Island on my phone right now. Love it just as much as when I first played it on Super Nintendo :pimp: Probably my favorite Super Mario game, but maybe its because Yoshi's my favorite character
That was the sequel to Super Mario World (SNES) right? I NEVER played that game. I might get it.

I highly suggest you check it out, DC. The game mechanics are different than Super Mario World, so I wouldn't really consider it a direct sequel to it, but it's still probably one of my all time favorite SNES games. The fun factor is ridiculous on it.

my bad fam, Im completely out of the loop when it comes to the old school systems, how do I go about playing some of these classics again?

(obviously without copping an OG system/games)
nerd.gif
Emulators and Roms. You can go to Coolrom.com and pick up whatever you need. I cant provide links or anything at the moment cause its blocked here.

Many games don't control well on the modern controllers imo.

Any game really, feels subpar with modern controllers compared to og controllers.

The modern d-pads can't compare to the og controllers and the analog sticks are not a good substitute imo. The button layouts make the controls a subpar experience in comparison to the og controllers as well.

Here's a few of my favorites in my current rotation. Trying to post stuff that hasn't been posted yet.

View media item 527506

For those of you who want Turtles in Time and have the means to play it, I highly suggest you buy it now. Back in 2009 the game was going from $15.00 - $20.00 loose, now you'll be looking to pay at least $30.00 - $50.00 loose depending on the condition. People are holding on to that game because it's fun and the HD remake was just "ok". Also with the new movie coming out I can only see the prices rising.

I got this little gem last month. Just to put into perspective how much the retro gaming thing is taking off. This game 4-5 years ago was only worth about $75.00 - $150.00 loose, now your looking at $600.00 - $800.00 loose. Yes, it's rare, but before the whole retro game craze took off, it really was a odd ball only sought by the most die hard Nintendo collectors and fans.

View media item 527534

Moral of the story - If you want to re-live your childhood or just want to get back that nostalgia feel, I encourage you to go buy a Retron, Supaboy, OG system and pick up your favorite games before you have to give up your first born just to own them again.

Any game really, feels subpar with modern controllers compared to og controllers.

The modern d-pads can't compare to the og controllers and the analog sticks are not a good substitute imo. The button layouts make the controls a subpar experience in comparison to the og controllers as well.
I can't agree with that. I have been "playing" old games for years. I don't feel detatched from the old games when using modern controllers.

And I feel modern day D-pads better than old school dpads because of the wedges in between the main 4 directions

Here's a few of my favorites in my current rotation. Trying to post stuff that hasn't been posted yet.

View media item 527506

For those of you who want Turtles in Time and have the means to play it, I highly suggest you buy it now. Back in 2009 the game was going from $15.00 - $20.00 loose, now you'll be looking to pay at least $30.00 - $50.00 loose depending on the condition. People are holding on to that game because it's fun and the HD remake was just "ok". Also with the new movie coming out I can only see the prices rising.

I got this little gem last month. Just to put into perspective how much the retro gaming thing is taking off. This game 4-5 years ago was only worth about $75.00 - $150.00 loose, now your looking at $600.00 - $800.00 loose. Yes, it's rare, but before the whole retro game craze took off, it really was a odd ball only sought by the most die hard Nintendo collectors and fans.

View media item 527534

Moral of the story - If you want to re-live your childhood or just want to get back that nostalgia feel, I encourage you to go buy a Retron, Supaboy, OG system and pick up your favorite games before you have to give up your first born just to own them again.

you sold me.

ON it. :nerd:

I assume people are restoring components in the consoles and cleaning OG games though, right? cuz we've had issues with cartridges since '88 lol

Last edited:
My Super Nintendo still works perfectly, meanwhile my ps3 died a couple months ago. From time to time I play a little Super Mario All-Stars, Zombies Ate My Neighbor, Super Mario World, Street Fighter 2, or that Bugs Bunny joint. :smokin

figure this is would be the right thread to ask this in. anyone with an LG HDTV try to play a sega genesis on it? everything was actually going smoothly for about 4 months playing the sega on the TV using the red/white composite cable plugged into my component slots in the back. A couple days ago I tried to turn it on and my tv gives me an invalid input notification now when i turn the sega on. its not the tv cause i tried my xbox 360 component cables in the same slot with no problems, and its not the sega cause i tried with the same red/white cables in my sony tv with no problem. Anyway I can get it back working on my LG tv though?

I don't even wanna play my old games on a HDTV, rather played it on a old analog TV. I'm eventually gonna have a 90s room with all my old games and a laserdisc movie collection too :lol:

I don't even wanna play my old games on a HDTV, rather played it on a old analog TV. I'm eventually gonna have a 90s room with all my old games and a laserdisc movie collection too :lol:

Man, great idea. Prolly gonna get me a b/w TV though. Back then my folks wouldn't let me play games on the colored TV as they were afraid that it would mess the box up.

Maximum Carnage was so dope. Me and cousin used to play that for hours at a time back on the early 90s. I went back and bought that, Ultimate MK 3, Tuff Enuff, Tournament Fighters, Killer Instinct, Best of The Best Kickboxing, and Zombies Ate My Neighbors at a flea market around 2011. They're just sitting in my closet cause I haven't found a SNES yet :lol:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom