A look back on the Aqua VIII

I agree on how easy it was getting them. And the ones that I got were from the outlets! I got it for 4,500 pesos(90 dollars) here in the PI. And the surprising thing about is that I got it after two years of the release date! It just magically popped up on the nike outlet store(only 1 pair showed up) that I visited and it was my size(11.5)! But unfortunately most Jordan retros that come out now rarely goes outlet bound(except for 1,'s and 2's maybe)....
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by sneakaprince

Decided to UN-DS my pair today for u guys.... (pics also posted in the WDYWT thread)

395764730.jpg

SICK! Skinny dark blue jeans w/Aquas! YESSS! Seriously, this is style. My straps remain fully velcroed on all my VIIIs when I wear'em tho. Locked & ready to rock...like your denim! =)
I picked up a strange pair of Aquas about a month ago for $70 shipped. The reason I say strange is that the uppers are in excellent shape but the soles are BEAT. All the colors are in tact on the soles & they're not disentigrated but the dude I bought'em off of almost wore through the heels on one of the 2 shoes. The midsole paint is absolutely cracked to hell. Worse than any pics on here, for sure.
I have 5 pairs of VIIIs (Playoffs are my fav & my 2nd fav pair of J's of all time) and NONE of the other retros have so much as a crack on 'em. The paint quality is garbage, just trash.
They're a project tho, as I'm gonna expirement w/repainting them with Angelus paint, who agreed to match the colors if I send in swatches, so I don't hafta buy off the shelf colors that won't match the plastic patches on the sides. I'll post pics when I get into the project but it'll be my first paint job on a shoe, so it should be interesting.
Not my fav color but maybe tied as a 2nd fav with the PeaPods which are genius, IMO, especially the contrast stitching.

Aquas are so nostalgic tho. My friend Eric (who's mother just died of cancer last week, God rest her soul) had an OG pair and I remember sitting with him, in his room as 6th graders, just studying the shoe, all it's colors, the straps. VIIIs are SO original and so full of features. The Aqua, with the suede back and multi-colored chenealle carpet really highlighted a lot of the features and I wanted'em so bad.
Glad to have a pair now to relive the nostalgia and honestly, even with mine cracked to hell, from 6 feet above'em (my eye height) I can't even hardly see the cracks in the midsole paint, so while I'd take a fresh pair someday, I'd never drop more than original retail $140ish on'em and I'd just hafta deal w/the same paint issue again, so not sure it'd be worth it. Nice kicks tho, VIIIs are one of the best Js of all time and such a nostalgic CW, them Aquas...Mmm, Mmm, Mmm.

eek.gif
Didn't realize the market value for these are so high now.

I remember getting these for my birthday in December for only $180 shipped. I really didn't want these at first but I didn't know what else to ask for. Glad I made that decision though. Definitely one of my favorite releases to date. In fact, I was planning to wear this tomorrow.

wear mine at least once a week

chip like a mo *$%%$@ but its whatever still clean

Originally Posted by SkiDRUMattiX

Decided to UN-DS my pair today for u guys.... (pics also posted in the WDYWT thread)

395764730.jpg

SICK! Skinny dark blue jeans w/Aquas! YESSS! Seriously, this is style.
Not sure if serious...

Originally Posted by moneymike88

395764730.jpg

Not sure if serious...

...As a heart attack! 
eek.gif
I might be inspired enough by these tongue out Aquas to rock my 1 pair of skinnies with mine this weekend.  Hellz yes, son!  Rather see more of my Js than the cuffs of my jeans when I look down!
smokin.gif

Originally Posted by moneymike88

395764730.jpg

Not sure if serious...
style
if you want to dress like a woman
dont forget the matching man purse 

this is the first time i can agree with this guy 

Y'all lame for wasting effort on hating on how certain people like their jeans to fit.

If you guys like jeans that swallow your sneakers, then so be it, but I like slim fitting jeans too. And if you can really look at that pic and say that the jeans don't sit flawlessly on those Aquas you're a damn liar.

Really manly of y'all to judge the manliness of someone else on something as dumb as the width of their jeans' leg opening BTW.

Almost nabbed a DS pair, box w/Card, size 12 for $100 on Craigs. Damn me n my incessant need to make a deal...offered $90, he turned it down. Waited 2 days, hit him back ready to pay the full Hundy & they sold out from under me that mornin. Guess I'll hang onto my cracked 11.5s a little while longer.....
30t6p3b.gif
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom