A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

off-topic but found this in my garage lol

B973204B-26C0-422A-B6F7-AE67DA43788A.jpeg

im the exact opposite. In my eyes theres no bigger flex than to wear something “valuable” like any other shoe. Nothing better than a grail with miles on it

nah. I love the wearing the **** out of a shoe. But paying 3-4,5x the price is never worth any “flex”.

I’m saying I can’t look down and know someone got me for my bread. All shoes get worn the same.

People attaching a price to “grails” is odd to me too. that’s the culture now tho. Maybe I’m old but grails used to be hard to find, hard to get, truly coveted. Not just expensive so you flex. The flex was “you actually found them mfs??!”

shoes ain’t even hard to get they are literally always available just expensive as **** for no reason. Lol. $1000 shoes dropping every week.

the price don’t make it what it is. I’ve got some of the most coveted sneakers out. But more times than not I’m in my beater fire red 5s or some random ****.

People attaching a price to “grails” is odd to me too. that’s the culture now tho. Maybe I’m old but grails used to be hard to find, hard to get, truly coveted. Not just expensive so you flex. The flex was “you actually found them mfs??!”

shoes ain’t even hard to get they are literally always available just expensive as **** for no reason. Lol. $1000 shoes dropping every week.

the price don’t make it what it is. I’ve got some of the most coveted sneakers out. But more times than not I’m in my beater fire red 5s or some random ****.
I don't really throw the term grail out either but I tend to agree. I always associated it with something that's hard to get or has released some time ago. That's just me though. Who knows, maybe in 5-10 years, these will be someone's "grails."

nah. I love the wearing the **** out of a shoe. But paying 3-4,5x the price is never worth any “flex”.

The flex isn’t how much you paid. anyone can run up credit card debt. It’s wearing the shi*t out them regardless like they’re any other shoe DESPITE the cost. That’s the flex. You got plenty of dudes not wearing their shoes or walking stiff footed where ever they go to preserve the “value” of the shoe they dropped $1000 on. I’m not talking about them. Im talking the people enjoying their shoes regardless.

I don’t pay resell often but even when I do I wear my shoes like they won’t be worth a damn thing when im done. Wrinkles creases scuff and all. Some people are thinking about their shoes with the NEXT owner more so than enjoying them while having them. i just enjoy seeing people with “coveted” kicks putting them through their paces.

Last edited:
I don't really throw the term grail out either but I tend to agree. I always associated it with something that's hard to get or has released some time ago. That's just me though. Who knows, maybe in 5-10 years, these will be someone's "grails."
I’m sure they already are. Do you ever look at the sneakers reddit? New grails coming out every week.

This sneaker authorities just don’t want me to have this shoe. I tried and tried, I’m probably 0 for 20.

Time to move onto the next release baby, let’s roll.

Who knows how many pairs actually released…I tend to lean with dblplay1212 dblplay1212 since he has connections to AMM…Since it’s a collab I’m sure it wasn’t many more pairs that release for a Travis Scott colorway or something…

I’d say the impression that this release seemed plentiful was because of how AMM released them…Several different early raffles, alternate shop site, different captcha / questions / interactive bot protection…They literally used several different methods to make sure they got these in the hands of the people who wanted them…

The SNKRS drop is a perfect counter to what AMM did…This place sure as hells wasn’t flooded with the “Got’em” screen grabs that would typically follow a wide release sneaker…Go look through a GR thread on release day and try to keep up with the screen grabs…Where was sneaker Twitter with their pictures of guys stocking 50+ pairs or multiple SNKRS order confirmations?

If anything this release puts the spotlight on just how many pairs really get eaten up by cook groups and their bots on a typical release…This is what a limited release looks like when the people behind the collab make an effort to get the sneakers in the hands of their customers and not resellers…

honestly it gets pretty easy for me. Shoes either get worn or they sit in my closet. If I have something that stays DS for more than 2 seasons they go on the chopping block. Usually stockx because it’s easy

Makes sense. I wear all of my shoes, so there are a number that are VNDS that I can't sell as new. I agree that SX is the path of least resistance.

Nah, to me a grail is simply a shoe I love. Since I'm old, that usually means I grew up wearing them in the late 80s/90s, or wanting them at that time, but didn't get them. It could be a super GR (ex. WC4, Black Infrared 6, BC4, AT3 Navy), and has nothing to do with how hard or expensive it is to get today....But that's just me.

Makes sense. I wear all of my shoes, so there are a number that are VNDS that I can't sell as new. I agree that SX is the path of least resistance.

the biggest cause to my “collection” growing is FOMO for the most part. Sometimes you don’t know you want something or don’t until you have it in hand.

Also, pro tip when trying to downsize or get rid of gently used Pairs over 200 eBay or goat

I usually sell used pairs on eBay lower cause u don’t pay fees.

goat list a little higher if you have ur box and everything they will sell.

On goat you can see the other used pairs and offers can be made. You be surprised of the garbage people try to sell.

All that proves is how well AMM did the release.

lots of snkrs pairs are probably getting botted.

and

had a restock and did that smooth too

hats off to them

Y’all never take into account that a lot of those # are kinda phony because it’s someone buying them only to turn around & sell again.

Regardless
This release was well handled I just struck out on all my shots lol

the biggest cause to my “collection” growing is FOMO for the most part. Sometimes you don’t know you want something or don’t until you have it in hand.
I get what ur saying. But that mentality is still about that big collection life. Which is fine.
For those that keep their rotation under like 20 pairs, that means feeling comfortable passing on shoes that you think are dope. Cuz when it’s time to cop a pair, there’s no questions about it

I get what ur saying. But that mentality is still about that big collection life. Which is fine.
For those that keep their rotation under like 20 pairs, that means feeling comfortable passing on shoes that you think are dope. Cuz when it’s time to cop a pair, there’s no questions about it

that’s fair. The only nuance I’d add is that there are some shoes that sometimes don’t spark my interest until after the fact for whatever reason. I’m already one of those people that keeps their collection at or under 20 pairs. What I mean By FOMO is that If I think something might spark my interest I’d rather go for it at release at retail. And if it becomes one of those shoes that I let go of after a season cause it never got worn so be it, it’s on the chopping block. Meanwhile shoes like the Off white 5 muslins, I didn’t really realize how dope I found them until months later when I saw my friends pair in person. At that point it cost me a hell of a lot more (assuming I could have gotten them for retail to begin with). I paid resale for them but they get worn heavy so i can justify it in my eyes atleast. But if I can avoid that situation than I’ll do my best to do so.

Back
Top Bottom