A Ma Maniere AJ3 - NO BUYING/SELLING/TRADING ALLOWED

We already know this, I actually agree with him. I hate when these ig pages talking about “chef’s touches” and make anything they can put their hands on into a “vintage style”. It’s one thing for a manufacturer to put subtle vintage styles like an off-white colored midsole those I don’t mind. But to do the whole package like discoloration of suede and making the toe caps dirty like paint is wearing off is pretty wack imo. Just rock your shoes normally and you’ll get that same look I don’t get the point of striving for that look. But hey if you bought em do whatever you like, I never complain about what people do to they shoes since it’s their purchase it’s more like I just don’t understand the trend.
Perfectly stated. I’d NEVER knock anyone for being into it or liking it, I just personally don’t get it.

Damn. Been a minute since I’ve been here, so had to catch up. Wild.

Any, my home girl got her pair recently, and they’re super dope in person. Never imagined a 3 without elephant print would ever look so good. Don’t really like how the cream laces look, but I can see the appeal.

As for that aged/distressed customization of these a handful of posts above, that trend is wack to me. Like I personally think it looks good on a bunch of kicks. Hell, kicks are made to be worn, and I love that many kicks look great worn. And I think dude’s creation above looks great! But the notion of making a shoe look lived in or aged, via artificial means just feels fake or poser-ish to me. Not knocking anyone who likes or is into it, just my personal taste/view.

Didn’t you buy the Sail OW 5?? So it’s ok if Virgil does it, but not if Joe Blow on IG does? Lol wow.

2470044C-4539-4C7A-B092-9575DDB24905.jpeg

247C939C-8B1C-4621-9641-C8065C669B00.jpeg

BC130A13-29B9-432C-94BD-66C54D79F275.jpeg
Beautiful fit. Where'd you get the hat?

Didn’t you buy the Sail OW 5?? So it’s ok if Virgil does it, but not if Joe Blow on IG does? Lol wow.
I absolutely bought the Sail OW 5s. I love them. I think the A Ma 3s, both the retail and dude’s custom, both look dope. I’ve seen MANY customized pairs that LOOK absolutely amazing to me. The aged look looks dope to me in general, on a bunch of pairs. To me there’s just a difference between a pair coming however they come new, and someone doing whatever they do to artificially make their pair looked lived in or aged. Again, it might look dope to me, and be amazingly creative, it just also feels disingenuous to me.

I absolutely bought the Sail OW 5s. I love them. I think the A Ma 3s, both the retail and dude’s custom, both look dope. I’ve seen MANY customized pairs that LOOK absolutely amazing to me. The aged look looks dope to me in general, on a bunch of pairs. To me there’s just a difference between a pair coming however they come new, and someone doing whatever they do to artificially make their pair looked lived in or aged. Again, it might look dope to me, and be amazingly creative, it just also feels disingenuous to me.

So it looks amazing but it’s wack? That doesn’t make sense lol.

And it is disingenuous of Joe Blow, but not of Virgil? Your point isn’t adding up.

I can’t wait for Virgil’s clout to expire 🤣
Trust me, it has NOTHING to do with Vigil for me. I don’t like ANY of his stuff (shoes or clothes or whatever), except for both the 5s and those Blk/Red 4s if they ever actually drop.

So it looks amazing but it’s wack? That doesn’t make sense lol.

And it is disingenuous of Joe Blow, but not of Virgil? You’re point isn’t adding up.
Visually and aesthetically, it looks dope to me on the 5s, and on a lot of kicks. Seen it done on 1s, 3s, 4s, etc. We all have. It LOOKS dope in a lot of ways. One of my favorite pairs are the Nigel 1s. Dope IMO. Whoever the creative is, they base the pair off of their own experiences, memories, etc., and I think that’s dope. But I know I personally could never take ANY SHOE, however they come when I get them, and then impart whatever people do (coffee, heat, paint, dirt, whatever), and wear/present them like I got them there naturally. My worn looking pairs are there because they’ve been worn hella. My aged/distressed pairs are such because if worn them a bunch and put them through it over the years. My Nigels or those OWs, or anything mass produced to look like that, we all know the story/history.

Not saying either of them is disingenuous. Saying someone walking around in a pair that they UNIQUELY/INDIVIDUALLY age/distress, to give the look that they themselves have LIVED/EXPERIENCED/AGED/WORN naturally a pair, when they did all that artificially feels disingenuous to me. A beat/distressed/aged pair conveys a message to me like “damn, they really love that pair. Don’t care if it’s old or anything. Or they beat it to death in all situations.” Just my view.

Someone please lock this guy up in a closet for a few years :smh:

joints look like he peed on them for a couple days straight

🤔 I don't hate those

But these are offensive to me

Also will be going with the cream laces in my 3s. I think they look perfect. Unless I do decide to cave and get some white waxed leather laces.

If u have a wide foot and your exactly your tts in men's, I'd say go tts in these. If u have a not so wide foot and u have room in your tts mens then I'd say size down. I'm a true size 11 and these have a little more room but not overly too much for me to size down. The quilted lining is thinner than the traditional 3 padding so that's the difference. Not financial advice just my opinion

are you saying that you're an 11D?

So that might not be entirely accurate. I def have a wide foot to the point that I need to wear 12.5 in J1 even though length wise I might be able to do a 12. But I have both a 12 and 12.5 in AMM3 and the 12.5 slips, while the 12 is tight, but seems to work.

so the 12.5 slips even despite being tightly laced (or you do the whole loose and/or unlaced thing)?

and is the 12 unbearably tight?

-

and just in general - are you guys who're claiming slippage also tying your laces tightly?

masshi masshi Yes I tie my laces and there is a feeling of more room than my other 3s, maybe the slightest slippage. I replaced the insert with a thicker one and they fit fine. The extra room reminds me of the fit on the Hall of Fame (Katrina) 3s. Those always feel a little bigger to me.

Last edited:
are you saying that you're an 11D?

so the 12.5 slips even despite being tightly laced (or you do the whole loose and/or unlaced thing)?

and is the 12 unbearably tight?

-

and just in general - are you guys who're claiming slippage also tying your laces tightly?

I laced them kinda normal. I did not go crazy on the tightness. But I left the top two eyelets open. There is still a bit of slip when I walk around and you can feel the whole shoe being roomier.

The 12 is not unbearable tight, but the toe box is a bit tighter. The big toe (hallux) definitely has no room upfront, and the side is a bit tight. Being leather, I'm pretty sure it will conform to your feet and it will expand a bit more.

Now depends how you define tight laces. Of course you can go crazy and tighten those laces, but then the sneakers are def too big on you.

Back
Top Bottom