A Ma Maniere AJ4

"I want to control a woman's body and play pew pew while I cosplay"

1667924664110.png

Go buy some Skechers, buddy.
This is exactly why this idea sucks, people can't handle different opinions without mocking them and getting upset, and now it's spilling over into non-political spaces.

The thing that troubles me about this release method is that AMM doesn't seem to realize how capitalism is tied up with/butresses the very political systems(s)/ideologies this drop is meant to combat. didn't Audre Lorde say that the masters tools will never dismantle the masters house?

The thing that troubles me about this release method is that AMM doesn't seem to realize how capitalism is tied up with/butresses the very political systems(s)/ideologies this drop is meant to combat. didn't Lorde say that the masters tools will never dismantle the masters house?
you'd be obtuse to think that AMM doesnt realize that this marketing campaign hits two goals. the social consciousness of their brand. and the capitalistic intent of selling their brand

like yaw really think James out here ONLY to collect cute videos?

This is exactly why this idea sucks, people can't handle different opinions without mocking them and getting upset, and now it's spilling over into non-political spaces.
Nobody is upset. I can handle it well enough to respond by saying it's a terrible opinion. If you want to argue why a woman shouldn't be allowed to control what happens to her body but why you need to be able to carry assault weapons, we can absolutely have that conversation.

And having people that don't normally discuss social issues do so is the entire point of the release.

you'd be obtuse to think that AMM doesnt realize that this marketing campaign hits two goals. the social consciousness of their brand. and the capitalistic intent of selling their brand

like yaw really think James out here ONLY to collect cute videos?
no doubt - I guess imo it just comes off as super disingenuous at best - at worst its the very same thing that Kanye and Candace Owens are mad about BLM doing (profiting off of social justice issues). which in the long run hurts the cause more than helps any of the issues AMM is trying to combat.

no doubt - I guess imo it just comes off as super disingenuous at best - at worst its the very same thing that Kanye and Candace Owens are mad about BLM doing (profiting off of social justice issues). which in the long run hurts the cause more than helps any of the issues AMM is trying to combat.
Ehhh I think this is way offbase. If this was a one time thing for James, ok. But he invests in the community of each and every one of his stores. He puts on the "free game" workshops and the "be social" workshops. This isn't him out of the blue using an election to sell some shoes. Anyone that follows him knows where he stands on things. I don't see anything disingenuous about it at all, in fact he's just asking people to be more like him. And bringing up Candace Parker's fake *** is just foul af.

Anybody not show their face, win tho?

I seen tons of no faces videos that talked about important stuff but crickets on their DM lol. That’s why I’m like how can you choose what cause is worth of a win. They’re probably choosing people based on them showing themselves talking about an issue.

possible I wouldn't think the issue is the problem or what they care about its possible showing the face matters cause they want to share the video on their socials.

it is what it is just try for the shoe online

not everything is for everyone nothing will. you can complain this is whack but at the end of the day its how you feel.

I seen people argue multiple days on twitter about this and they could have just cut the vid

Yeah I don't get why people are still acting upset. I didn't like it, sucked it up because I wanted the shoes, and ended up feeling better doing it. If it ain't for you or you disagree with the politics move on and try to fcfs. But don't cry fi you miss the drop because you're slow.

Like someone was saying in here before the majority of people complaining don’t even live near any of the stores under the umbrella. They weren’t even going to enter the raffles regardless lol. If anything they should be happy that more pairs are going to the online drop since the raffles pairs ship form that warehouse.

I just hope they put a good effort into the online drop. The 1’s and 2’s drop went by quick and I barely made it out of queue. And the Air Ships drop was complete mess.

I just hope they put a good effort into the online drop. The 1’s and 2’s drop went by quick and I barely made it out of queue. And the Air Ships drop was complete mess.
No matter what they do, they'll go quick. More demand than supply. Hopefully some NT'ers can get through.

Yeah the Airships drop was completely botted but the other drops I say it was 50/50. If you’re a veteran at shopify drops they are pretty easy to hit, but if you have little experience you’re most likely taking a L. I’m 3/4 on online drops with the only L being the Airships.

Honestly, I shot my shot even though it’s not something I usually do. Not that I don’t find some of these matters important, it’s just that I have these conversations with those close to me and not blasted all over my SM. Probably not getting selected so I’m trying with the rest of ya’ll on the actual release day

Hmm, I am pretty passionate about the federal legalization of weed. Maybe Ill smoke a blunt on insta and forget what points I am trying to make... ohh yeah, make weed legal (again)!

Welp I faced my fears. My video’s posted (I need these joints :lol: ). Figured not doing it could cost me hundreds so I made a 2 min video discussing women’s reproductive rights since I have a 5 year old daughter who I want to have the same rights as my mom had when she grows up. Is what it is. Hope it pays off.

Back
Top Bottom