A Ma Maniere AJ4

This release really brought out the entitlement in the sneaker community. The thing that was the most hilarious was people who made it a point to go grab their previous AMM collabs and showcase them in the video. If i didn’t get picked, i would have been okay with it since i realize that it’s a raffle a there a lot of people entering for a shot to get the shoes. My video attempt only took two times, i spoke from the heart and let the words flow. Regardless if you got picked or not, your video made an impact on someone else’s life if you realize it or not.

People are extremely weird about sneakers. This release exposed a lot of people in the sneaker community.

The history of sneaker culture and how it’s rooted in POC from the athletes, celebrities, and the consumer. Is being represented by the TWG and has always been. Yet now that sneakers is genuinely gentrified it’s nothing more than a mayonnaise version of influencers, YouTubers, and podcasters that the sheep let become the taste makers.

I remember my dad being told buying your son shoes will teach him to waste his money and urs he got me into shoes . Now people say oh shoes are a great investment.

The time line going crazy also people don’t understand the word “Raffle”. Love to see the entitled take an L tho cause you honestly wasn’t genuine

0B56DBFC-FB1E-44C4-A42E-2C802BDFA58E.jpeg

1BDD4FB0-8B75-47FC-B7A8-A4D98BDF7F9D.jpeg

Resellers and non genuine people taking L’s low key is comedy 😂 then crying about it if you wasn’t genuine why you complaining.

My lord, the entitlement in some of these posts. If these guys that made videos don't think the AMM team didn't at least glance through the rest of their tweets/posts to see if they have a history of reselling or are genuine, then they're dumber than I thought.

starfox070 starfox070 You hit the nail on the head with a lot of what you said. Lots of folks getting exposed. The true gentrification of the hobby/culture. If you didn't agree with the concept or weren't comfortable with the request to make a video, then just simply don't make one. It's as simple as that. I mentioned earlier it's in my work contract that I have to be careful with what I do/say/promote on social media. So as much as I wanted the shoes, ultimately it wasn't worth the risk of losing my job to get a pair this way. You don't see me crying and @'ing James on socials whining about not being picked. I just didn't make the video, and I'll try during the online drop.

I think how TWG did this - there’s a lot to like, and stuff they coulda done better. I think most of us can agree the intention was dope. Execution could’ve been better. I wouldn’t be mad if they did it again and made the necessary adjustments.

There’s never gonna be a raffle where most of the people that enter lose, that’s gonna seem fair to the losers. We’ll never know how thoroughly they actually went through the entires but having something like this require you put a little effort it’s gonna drastically decrease the amount of people that enter. And that means better chances for the folks that entered. I get that people don’t want to jump through hoops but anything other than being able to easily add a shoe to cart and checking out is jumping through hoops. This isn’t new.

I know this was inherently political because because it centered around voting and Election Day but they didn’t even tell folks what to talk about or what side they favor,

One of my friend submitted for both ig and twitter and got a dm for both. Not sure if they even looked or had two different people checking.

I'm still reading and crying at these entries. Honestly I love how they did this and let people make a fool of themselves. I can be a cry baby a lot of the time but it's obvious not everyone will win. The amount of clowns quoting the 110k stock number as some kind of fact and right to a pair since they entered has me in tears.

*EDIT* The amount of people who didn't follow the rules makes it even better. So many would have gotten a W if they tagged all the proper people.

The people crying that AMM made them look stupid proves how low IQ most are. You choose to participate in a video contest. If you didn't want to show yourself you didn't have to enter. Now they're exposing themselves to justified ridicule because they had to show some effort aside from clicking on things. I wish AMM could take note of those account and block them so they can't enter any other drops like this.

Only fault I can find with AMM is how vague some of the rules were. But I feel like they left it open for people to experiment and to not expose how they were going to contact winners to prevent scammers from DM'ing stupid people and stealing their money.

I said all that to say I LOVE THIS FALL OUT. The rage is gonna be even funnier when they take Ls on the normal drop because they're slow clicking the links.

Last edited:
I'm still reading and crying at these entries. Honestly I love how they did this and let people make a fool of themselves. I can be a cry baby a lot of the time but it's obvious not everyone will win. The amount of clowns quoting the 110k stock number as some kind of fact and right to a pair since they entered has me in tears.

*EDIT* The amount of people who didn't follow the rules makes it even better. So many would have gotten a W if they tagged all the proper people.

The people crying that AMM made them look stupid proves how low IQ most are. You choose to participate in a video contest. If you didn't want to show yourself you didn't have to enter. Now they're exposing themselves to justified ridicule because they had to show some effort aside from clicking on things. I wish AMM could take note of those account and block them so they can't enter any other drops like this.

Only fault I can find with AMM is how vague some of the rules were. But I feel like they left it open for people to experiment and to not expose how they were going to contact winners to prevent scammers from DM'ing stupid people and stealing their money.

I said all that to say I LOVE THIS FALL OUT. The rage is gonna be even funnier when they take Ls on the normal drop because they're slow clicking the links.
We get it...you're laughing at people that made videos, didn't get selected, and are upset about it. Surely, you have never been upset at losing on SNKRS or the other various raffles and voiced your displeasure with the process.

Speaking of this release, what does AMM plan on doing with the videos? Was it just a raffle process or do they really intend on putting something together based on what was said in the videos?

Nah never been mad enough to cry on the internet at a brand. You crazy we know twitter is trash and lottery.

These people losing they minds it’s hilarious they are more embarrassing crying on twitter to a brand just say oh my voice was never heard why cause they didn’t care about the video they said oh well let me delete that and move on. Seeing it was just about the shoes for them.

If i didn’t win I just move on. It’s not that deep

We get it...you're laughing at people that made videos, didn't get selected, and are upset about it. Surely, you have never been upset at losing on SNKRS or the other various raffles and voiced your displeasure with the process.

Speaking of this release, what does AMM plan on doing with the videos? Was it just a raffle process or do they really intend on putting something together based on what was said in the videos?

Notice how I said i'm a cry baby. I've taken Ls and lost it. I'm not judging anyone for that. But the extreme lies they're posting are wild. If they said AMM or the raffle was trash I can get behind that. But them saying they now know their voice doesn't matter, they've been silenced, or that James doesn't care about affecting POCs is down right stupid. And it's even funnier since most of their submissions didn't follow the rules or were so bad there was no way they were using them.

And I think AMM is going to release a long form vid with the ads or maybe use them for one of their free game events.

Yea- it's been a wild day since the bashing started.
Should winners or the folks that were selected expect invoices next week?

Just to add some perspective. The Trophy Room Jordan 1 release was horrble, not this raffle process.

Anyone that made a video for these shoes good for you. I hope you all win a pair. Nothing wrong with what you did. People make it like they committed a crime. We all had a chance to do it... Again good luck to all that made a video

Last edited:
My lord, the entitlement in some of these posts. If these guys that made videos don't think the AMM team didn't at least glance through the rest of their tweets/posts to see if they have a history of reselling or are genuine, then they're dumber than I thought.

starfox070 starfox070 You hit the nail on the head with a lot of what you said. Lots of folks getting exposed. The true gentrification of the hobby/culture. If you didn't agree with the concept or weren't comfortable with the request to make a video, then just simply don't make one. It's as simple as that. I mentioned earlier it's in my work contract that I have to be careful with what I do/say/promote on social media. So as much as I wanted the shoes, ultimately it wasn't worth the risk of losing my job to get a pair this way. You don't see me crying and @'ing James on socials whining about not being picked. I just didn't make the video, and I'll try during the online drop.
The Same with me. Not that I didn’t want to make one, but my job comes first. Just going to have to try to get online if the bots don’t eat them up.

Anyone that made a video for these shoes good for you. I hope you all win a pair. Nothing wrong with what you did. People make it like they committed a crime. We all had a chance to do it... Again good luck to all that made a video

It all comes down to if shoes are worth the effort for all this nonsense… For me it was clearly not, and looks like for most as well. Some have the energy it takes to win some silly shoes, just stop acting like you’re trying to make a difference on the world. If you copped, congrats.

It literally took me two minutes to make the video and post the video. Only did one take as well.

I honestly feel more people should have participated in this. The video submission actually gave people more of a chance to win nationwide than the usual in-store appointments.

It literally took me two minutes to make the video and post the video. Only did one take as well.

I honestly feel more people should have participated in this. The video submission actually gave people more of a chance to win nationwide than the usual in-store appointments.

Good job man! Had I made one, it would've been similar subject matter. I'm a teacher, and things are just way too hot for us right now to be posting videos talking about wanting to influence the kids in ANY way outside what's in the textbooks.

Good job man! Had I made one, it would've been similar subject matter. I'm a teacher, and things are just way too hot for us right now to be posting videos talking about wanting to influence the kids in ANY way outside what's in the textbooks.
I saw a few teachers post videos. They’re blending together in my head now, one was in his classroom, another was actually an administrator, speaking on inequality of resources for inner city schools compared to their suburban counterparts. Idk if that would be considered out of bounds, seems fine

I saw a few teachers post videos. They’re blending together in my head now, one was in his classroom, another was actually an administrator, speaking on inequality of resources for inner city schools compared to their suburban counterparts. Idk if that would be considered out of bounds, seems fine

I'm at a private school with diverse clientele. Lots of folks in my area are looking for literally anything to prove crt/grooming/undue influence. If I post a video talking about being the only teacher in my school that does anything for BHM or Dia de Los Muertos so that some of our kids see themselves in their lessons, best believe someone is coming for me if the wrong person sees it. Wasn't a risk I was willing to take.

I'm at a private school with diverse clientele. Lots of folks in my area are looking for literally anything to prove crt/grooming/undue influence. If I post a video talking about being the only teacher in my school that does anything for BHM or Dia de Los Muertos so that some of our kids see themselves in their lessons, best believe someone is coming for me if the wrong person sees it. Wasn't a risk I was willing to take.
I see. Could’ve done a disingenuous video like most of the rest and just said some crap about “I believe everyone needs to vote” or something lol

Back
Top Bottom