A Ma Maniere AJ5 *** UPDATE *** Feds enter the chat

I honestly don’t care what he/they did or didn’t do…. I just want my shoes. They still shipping raffle Ws that have been paid for? Or is this gon be zadeh 2.0 where we have to deal with credit card companies to maybe get our monies back?

On the recent news:

This story really is such a bummer to me. James seemed like a great dude telling great stories. Genuinely thought every collab was fantastic as well. I own 4 pairs of TWG collabs and want more (refuse to pay resell).

Reading the story I get a strong feeling that he was probably doing this less to “wash” the money and more to keep it off the books from Nike figuring out and breaching his contract. Usually people who are trying to launder money from illegal activity tend to do a better job hiding it and work harder to clean it. Not just depositing cash in the bank. That’s about the easiest way to get flagged.

If the allegations or true to me it looks like James got greedy and backdoored and tried to keep it from Nike. And that greed got him wrapped up in some big stuff

Yooooo! Sounds like an Ozark's sequel series in the works called "Outer Banks". You heard it here first!

The ~ Human Trafficking ~ collab with Jordan Brand is about to be 🔥…Can’t wait for the story tie in with that one.

Seriously though, having multiple collabs that focus on how important women are in everyone’s lives, while selling product off to literal human traffickers is dirty work…
To be fair, I’m sure JW had no idea that would be the end result of how he got his bag. Irregardless, JW was greedy and human collateral damage resulted from his own greed. No one was forcing or pointing a gun at JW to make him resell his own product. Being the head of the WG wasn’t enough. What money he was already making wasn’t enough.

That being said, he’s innocent until proven guilty but what info has come looks pretty bad.

I would bet he has been backdooring other tier 0 releases and not his own collabs. His own collabs have been the most widely available JB collabs ever and many resale less than retail.

That's what people will think and why people will be happy about this but that's not what was happening at all. It was gr Jordan and gr Nike to hit certain sales quotas to hit tier 0. People weren't lining up for the pairs that were going to China. The pairs that people lined up for were easy to move. It's the 1800 pairs of a random gr Jordan 5 that would sit for months and eventually be shipped back to Nike and end up in an outlet. If you move them, they love you. If you ship them back, it's a mark against you. I've talked about this game many times on here but a lot of people still don't grasp how it works. Seems like James just picked the wrong person to sell to.
I would bet he has been backdooring other tier 0 releases and not his own collabs. His own collabs have been the most widely available JB collabs ever and many resale less than retail.
See above. The majority of shoes that get backdoored are the gr's that nobody wants. Sure some store managers are selling pairs for $50 over retail on hype releases but that's not what this is about. This is about thousands and thousands of pairs that eventually hit the outlet.

To be fair, I’m sure JW had no idea that would be the end result of how he got his bag. Irregardless, JW was greedy and human collateral damage resulted from his own greed. No one was forcing or pointing a gun at JW to make him resell his own product. Being the head of the WG wasn’t enough. What money he was already making wasn’t enough.

That being said, he’s innocent until proven guilty but what info has come looks pretty bad.
Eh not saying he’s guilty but if a Chinese national or from a country on the ofac list comes to you with a bag of cash and says I want to you to sell me product and I’ll pay way more than they are worth, you kinda gotta question it

I honestly don’t care what he/they did or didn’t do…. I just want my shoes. They still shipping raffle Ws that have been paid for? Or is this gon be zadeh 2.0 where we have to deal with credit card companies to maybe get our monies back?

Youll be fine

Long time lurker of AMM threads/follower this news really sucks. The Jordan x AMM been one of my favorite collabs turned collections ever, have all but the air ships and the two 5s which I still wanna get. Selfishly I still want the shoes that were announced to keep dropping but I imagine this gonna put a wrench in things cause this really not a good look. Can’t imagine this gets resolved seamlessly.

So what’s the TWG connection to prostitution/ trafficking besides if money from backdooring /laundering was used for prostitution in China

IDGAF about the backdooring of GRs that nobody here even cops, or tax evasion BS. There’s so much legal and illegal tax “ evasion “ going on , it’s a joke

Just curious the trafficking aspect. If he did biz with shady characters that did whatever the F they did, I have a hard time letting that bother me

For what it’s worth, for JB x TWG collabs I think we ALL know we all hit for retail 1000000x more than ANy other collab and it ain’t close

So what’s the TWG connection to prostitution/ trafficking besides if money from backdooring /laundering was used for prostitution in China

IDGAF about the backdooring of GRs that nobody here even cops, or tax evasion BS. There’s so much legal and illegal tax “ evasion “ going on , it’s a joke

Just curious the trafficking aspect. If he did biz with shady characters that did whatever the F they did, I have a hard time letting that bother me

For what it’s worth, for JB x TWG collabs I think we ALL know we all hit for retail 1000000x more than ANy other collab and it ain’t close
The guys he was selling to go their money from, in at least some part, prostitution.

Can’t celebrate a cat goin to prison

Reading some of these replies, some of yall sound like this news of him gettin caught up made your day.

He ain’t the only one out here tryin to finesse more bread, he just the latest one that got caught.

Your favorite brand/corporation is probably up to worse…
I’m actually disappointed over this situation. Their collabs are a lot of my favorites. I wanted to see what they cooked up for the 3s and 4s for next year.

Long time lurker of AMM threads/follower this news really sucks. The Jordan x AMM been one of my favorite collabs turned collections ever, have all but the air ships and the two 5s which I still wanna get. Selfishly I still want the shoes that were announced to keep dropping but I imagine this gonna put a wrench in things cause this really not a good look. Can’t imagine this gets resolved seamlessly.
Given how Nike handled the Kyrie controversy, I think any AMM collab is done. Esp. since this has human trafficking implications, as mentioned.

They will find another controversy-less black business owner in the streetwear space to expand collaborations with (or just double down with Chris Gibbs from Union). Nike/JB are focused on success as a business first and foremost and leverage the culture to do so and I doubt they want this controversy messing with their bag.

Given how Nike handled the Kyrie controversy, I think any AMM collab is done. Esp. since this has human trafficking implications, as mentioned.

They will find another controversy-less black business owner in the streetwear space to expand collaborations with (or just double down with Chris Gibbs from Union). Nike/JB are focused on success as a business first and foremost and leverage the culture to do so and I doubt they want this controversy messing with their bag.
Idk anything about Gibbs and his business besides they have terrible collabs but I’d say all shops better get their 💩 together cuz if they don’t wanna be next

The other side is the funny part. Dude is guilty like you dudes are feds and lawyers and gloating. I don't like him. None of you know him.

Guilty of what exactly? Why should I be angry? He didn't do anything to anyone I care about and white color crimes occur all over.

but this fake outrage of but, but China... is hilarious to me. It's prostitution and gangs in this country.

all because of you nerds feelings of entitlement to kicks. but but he backdoored...

Those Jordan SB's should have been mine. :lol:

personally i think most of this finger wagging is just a proxy for the frustration and angst folks have for increasing prices and not having access to exclusive collabs for the past 5 years. ironically TWG was one of the only ones doing collabs that made it a point to get them out on peoples feet. you see it also when folks seem to celebrate when shoes theyre not even interested in "brick" like its a middle finger to these brands. as if nike released 600k royal reimagineds and didnt expect them to be on shelves the entire holiday season.

a lot of folks have a real love hate relationship with their favorite brands

Really like Social Status and AMM collabs

Shame they will might/probably be going away in the near future.

Seems like too much smoke for Nike to keeping going with them.

Interested to see if the 17 lows go forward since those might be already in production.

The 3s and 4s for next fall I would think are done.

idk man this all happened 2 years ago. The filing today was just the feds saying why they are keeping the $2m they seized 2 years ago when they arrested Freeman. No way Nike didn't know about it and they've been messing with James heavy the whole time.

Back
Top Bottom