A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

$%#+ you.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

$%#+ those mf'ers for killing off my man Bodie... i just watched Season 4 again, and it hurts as much as it did the first time i watched it. like i remember staring at my computer screen in the dark for like an hour after the finale. damn man.. that !!%% gets me emotional every time i think about it
30t6p3b.gif

if you watch the scene again someone on youtube pointed out how poetic it was the way he died

He died exactly like a Pawn. He couldn't turn back and run, he had to stand his ground and fight, he even shoots at Chris and Snoop diagonally from where he's standing, not to mention both of them are attacking like Bishops, and finally O-Dog steps forward out of the doorway, then walks straight to Bodie and kills him, like a Knight's L shape attack. And of course Marlo, the King, is nowhere to be seen, he stays out of the battles. A great callback to season 1's chess scene.

$%#+ you.
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

$%#+ those mf'ers for killing off my man Bodie... i just watched Season 4 again, and it hurts as much as it did the first time i watched it. like i remember staring at my computer screen in the dark for like an hour after the finale. damn man.. that !!%% gets me emotional every time i think about it
30t6p3b.gif

if you watch the scene again someone on youtube pointed out how poetic it was the way he died

He died exactly like a Pawn. He couldn't turn back and run, he had to stand his ground and fight, he even shoots at Chris and Snoop diagonally from where he's standing, not to mention both of them are attacking like Bishops, and finally O-Dog steps forward out of the doorway, then walks straight to Bodie and kills him, like a Knight's L shape attack. And of course Marlo, the King, is nowhere to be seen, he stays out of the battles. A great callback to season 1's chess scene.

That's some deep stuff with the chess analogy.

Didn't like Bodie so I was like peace out when it happened.

On a side note, I heard someone say they are talking about doing another season or something, any truth to this?

That's some deep stuff with the chess analogy.

Didn't like Bodie so I was like peace out when it happened.

On a side note, I heard someone say they are talking about doing another season or something, any truth to this?

He enjoyed a better death than a lot of characters.

Secondly, Marlo was no king. He was just a pawn who thought better of himself.

He enjoyed a better death than a lot of characters.

Secondly, Marlo was no king. He was just a pawn who thought better of himself.

I’ve always wondered how much of a character’s ultimate arc was known to you and how early it was known. For instance, did Omar always have to die? Did Carcetti always have to become governor? Was it just built into their DNA as characters?
It was. It was built in. You have to know where you’re going and one of the things that television in particular, more than film, certainly more than prose, suffers from is that there’s so much money in the product that once you get an audience, once you achieve an audience, your job is to stay in that audience ad nauseam.

Meaning what?
Meaning if they love Omar, give them some more Omar. If they love Stringer, give them some more Stringer. 

Yeah. It’s not like they were going to kill Ross and Rachel on Friends.
Right. And they’re never going to kill David Caruso on whatever show he’s on, whichever one of the CSIs.

Or even Tony Soprano.
Well, you know.

That’s debatable, I guess.
But ultimately, if something is all about character, then character has to be served at all costs. And you know, we loved our actors. We never killed an actor because he was pissing us off. The only reason we killed an actor was for story, and we’d go to them and say, “We love your work. We’re going to work with you again sometime. I can’t wait till that day comes, except maybe it won’t because you’ll be a frickin’ movie star.

I’ve always wondered how much of a character’s ultimate arc was known to you and how early it was known. For instance, did Omar always have to die? Did Carcetti always have to become governor? Was it just built into their DNA as characters?
It was. It was built in. You have to know where you’re going and one of the things that television in particular, more than film, certainly more than prose, suffers from is that there’s so much money in the product that once you get an audience, once you achieve an audience, your job is to stay in that audience ad nauseam.

Meaning what?
Meaning if they love Omar, give them some more Omar. If they love Stringer, give them some more Stringer. 

Yeah. It’s not like they were going to kill Ross and Rachel on Friends.
Right. And they’re never going to kill David Caruso on whatever show he’s on, whichever one of the CSIs.

Or even Tony Soprano.
Well, you know.

That’s debatable, I guess.
But ultimately, if something is all about character, then character has to be served at all costs. And you know, we loved our actors. We never killed an actor because he was pissing us off. The only reason we killed an actor was for story, and we’d go to them and say, “We love your work. We’re going to work with you again sometime. I can’t wait till that day comes, except maybe it won’t because you’ll be a frickin’ movie star.

Originally Posted by Big J 33

He had to go

It was his time.

A big part of him wanted to go... park scene with McNulty after Little Kevin is found in a vacant. He loathed who he was.

Back
Top Bottom