A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

As mentioned Wallace is the heartbreaking death.

Bodie knew what he was doing, he was in the game long enough to know the risks, he could have ran or tried to hide but he stood his ground and dealt with the consequences.

As mentioned Wallace is the heartbreaking death.

Bodie knew what he was doing, he was in the game long enough to know the risks, he could have ran or tried to hide but he stood his ground and dealt with the consequences.

Not gonna lie. When Bodie got clapped, I shed a few tears
30t6p3b.gif

Out of all the deaths on the wire Bodie's made the most sense to me. He was too content on being a corner boy. He had no desire to move up he was happy where he was at. The longevity for a corner boy is short, so i'm surprised he lasted that long. Only thing that pissed me off about that scene, is the dude who shot him.

Wallace's death defintely #!*$$! me tho...that one was the worse.

When Bodie told him "You was never one of us, and could never be..." Damn.

Out of all the deaths on the wire Bodie's made the most sense to me. He was too content on being a corner boy. He had no desire to move up he was happy where he was at. The longevity for a corner boy is short, so i'm surprised he lasted that long. Only thing that pissed me off about that scene, is the dude who shot him.

Wallace's death defintely #!*$$! me tho...that one was the worse.

When Bodie told him "You was never one of us, and could never be..." Damn.

Bodie's death is integral to the overall story arc because it gets mcnulty back into major crimes. Then Carcetti cuts back on police spending to save the schools, which causes jimmy to start drinking and reverting back to his old ways.

Bodie's death is integral to the overall story arc because it gets mcnulty back into major crimes. Then Carcetti cuts back on police spending to save the schools, which causes jimmy to start drinking and reverting back to his old ways.

This threads reminds how much season 2 pisses me off. Straight up waste of a season.

This threads reminds how much season 2 pisses me off. Straight up waste of a season.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

^^I agree with you, the Wallace death was the one that hurt me the most as a fan. He wanted out of the game so bad and actually had potential to do something with his life but he just missed his home and friends and for his friends to put him out like that, dang. Bodie's death was a tough one but dude went like he was supposed to, as a soldier.

indifferent.gif

No one is supposed to go out like that.
I mean it sucks he went out like that but you knew Bodie wasn't going to run, he was never that type of dude. He was gonna stand his ground.

Originally Posted by Its That Dude

Originally Posted by MastaMind033

^^I agree with you, the Wallace death was the one that hurt me the most as a fan. He wanted out of the game so bad and actually had potential to do something with his life but he just missed his home and friends and for his friends to put him out like that, dang. Bodie's death was a tough one but dude went like he was supposed to, as a soldier.

indifferent.gif

No one is supposed to go out like that.
I mean it sucks he went out like that but you knew Bodie wasn't going to run, he was never that type of dude. He was gonna stand his ground.

Originally Posted by AdobeCS4

laugh.gif

Not going to go into it, but: THE SHOW IS NOT FOR YOU

laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Budweiser

laugh.gif

Basically.

Might as well rent Street Kings 2.

the-wire.gif

It might have been the most "boring" season compared to the others, but it was crucial in broadening The Wire's impact and overall story. It showed the problems of the working class for Baltimore, and that the show could be more than drug dealers and cops. Plus storywise it was important to show how the drugs came in and the bigger players involved.

The overall series would suffer a lot without season 2.

the-wire.gif

It might have been the most "boring" season compared to the others, but it was crucial in broadening The Wire's impact and overall story. It showed the problems of the working class for Baltimore, and that the show could be more than drug dealers and cops. Plus storywise it was important to show how the drugs came in and the bigger players involved.

The overall series would suffer a lot without season 2.

Originally Posted by Budweiser

laugh.gif

Basically.

Might as well rent Street Kings 2.

Originally Posted by DT43

when i think about Wallace's murder, i guess it was right for Bodie to die. he had it coming after killing his own boy in cold blood like that. no one else on the show actually murdered their own man. there were people who turned on their friends and maybe ordered their deaths through a third party, but to actually look Wallace in the eye and shoot him.. man
30t6p3b.gif
that just sealed Bodie's fate

Originally Posted by DT43

when i think about Wallace's murder, i guess it was right for Bodie to die. he had it coming after killing his own boy in cold blood like that. no one else on the show actually murdered their own man. there were people who turned on their friends and maybe ordered their deaths through a third party, but to actually look Wallace in the eye and shoot him.. man
30t6p3b.gif
that just sealed Bodie's fate

Bodie and poot were boys
Bodie and wallace.....not so much

The wallace death scene was one of the toughest things ive ever seen on tv
*sn*
Poot and bubs were the only regulars to make it from season 1 the end of the series

Bodie and poot were boys
Bodie and wallace.....not so much

The wallace death scene was one of the toughest things ive ever seen on tv
*sn*
Poot and bubs were the only regulars to make it from season 1 the end of the series

nah what you dont get is Bodie had to die.. he was part of the old regiment led by Avon... It was basically out with the old and in with the new. No way bodie could continute working for Marlo, he was basically a puppet. Only faith he has was death or leave the corners... . Now omar's murder thats poor shame, getting caught by 10 year old kid, smh

Back
Top Bottom