A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

Started the Wire sometime last week and finished it in about 4 days. Really really good show.

Loved how they depicted the "interconnectedness" of everything.

Avon wasn't that compelling of character, to me, especially when juxtaposed to Stringer and Marlo.

Also, Omar getting the ban hammer from life from that diaper dandee = :smh:. He deserved a better death, imo...:lol:

I definitely do think Michael is the next Omar in every way possible. The writers gave us enough to assume that he may end up ayo as well.

^ the second scene of the show is his trial in which he shot this dude he was beefin with. He got off and that created the show. Not to mention he gave up where weebay was at

i thought that was d'angelo trial for killing somebody

I've watched my fair share of television shows and I still think The Wire is the greatest show ever on TV.

No questions about it.

Well based on Michael's behavior around certain male figures, with particular emphasis on Bugs' dad and Cutty--the boxing coach, we can assume that Michael was a victim of sexual abuse.

Now taking this into account--and the known fact that sexually abused children are themselves liable to act our sexually--while acknowledging the writers intent to depict Michael (when he robs the rim shop) engaged in the kind of behavior that was characteristic of Omar, and only Omar, I can't help but conclude that Michael is being set up to fill the void left by Omar--in every way possible.

Well based on Michael's behavior around certain male figures, with particular emphasis on Bugs' dad and Cutty--the boxing coach, we can assume that Michael was a victim of sexual abuse.

Now taking this into account--and the known fact that sexually abused children are themselves liable to act our sexually--while acknowledging the writers intent to depict Michael (when he robs the rim shop) engaged in the kind of behavior that was characteristic of Omar, and only Omar, I can't help but conclude that Michael is being set up to fill the void left by Omar--in every way possible.

Doesn't mean has to be gay.

I think Chris Partlow showed more signs of having endured child abuse when he killed bug's dad. That murder seemed more personal than any of the others. Mike never gave me that impression. At first I thought Chris was in love with mike until I actually thought about it.

I think Chris Partlow showed more signs of having endured child abuse when he killed bug's dad. That murder seemed more personal than any of the others. Mike never gave me that impression. At first I thought Chris was in love with mike until I actually thought about it.

It's kind of pointless to try and analyze who was on a different level of child abuse. The fact Mike asked Chris to do it is all you need to know about the situation. Someone wanted someone killed, and someone did it for him, and they were on the same page. Even when Snoop tried to tell Chris that is was essentially a waste of time, Chris was like "nah, I got this".

I think Stringer and Omar were overrated. Both are snakes who liked to preach code and violated it every time.

Started the Wire sometime last week and finished it in about 4 days. Really really good show.

Avon wasn't that compelling of character, to me, especially when juxtaposed to Stringer and Marlo.

Also, Omar getting the ban hammer from life from that diaper dandee =
mean.gif
. He deserved a better death, imo...
laugh.gif

I definitely do think Michael is the next Omar in every way possible. The writers gave us enough to assume that he may end up ayo as well.

4 days though 
laugh.gif

That's like 12 episodes per day

It's kind of pointless to try and analyze who was on a different level of child abuse. The fact Mike asked Chris to do it is all you need to know about the situation. Someone wanted someone killed, and someone did it for him, and they were on the same page. Even when Snoop tried to tell Chris that is was essentially a waste of time, Chris was like "nah, I got this".

What do you mean "it's kind of pointless to try and analyze..."?

Analysis, by the viewer, is fundamental to understanding this show in its entirety. You can't do without it, and it's exactly why the Wire is viewed by many to be such a great piece of drama. Without analysis, you completely bypass--for example--the significance of Chess as an overarching theme in the show. Without it, you take things for face value and are likely to misinterpret essential character motivations.

From an analytical standpoint, Chris's over the top handling of Bugs' father reveals three things about his character:

1. He may have been a victim of sexual abuse himself.
  2. Though depicted as being indifferent, he is actually capable of a great deal of emotion; this lends a great deal of complexity to his largely reserved character.
  3. Like many of the major characters, he too lives by a certain code--one that tolerates abuses of all kinds except that which is of the pedophilic kind; this too, adds another layer of complexity.

You don't get any of that ^^^ , for example, when you take things for face value.

Also, Omar getting the ban hammer from life from that diaper dandee = :smh: . He deserved a better death, imo...:lol:

4 days though :lol:

That's like 12 episodes per day

Maybe more than four days, but I was definitely clearing minimum of 6-7 episodes at a sitting...:lol:.

I'm between jobs, if it matters...:frown:

Maybe more than four days, but I was definitely clearing minimum of 6-7 episodes at a sitting...
laugh.gif

I'm between jobs, if it matters...
frown.gif

Hey man, you definitely chose the right show to spend time on. I'm actually jealous of people who've yet to experience the series. I still haven't been fulfilled by another show since it ended.

Back
Top Bottom