A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

eyes.gif
Mr Kuter wrote:

D HAD to be killed. He was so damn sloppy at every turn. The police were able to handle him with ease. Im surprised Avon didnt see it, and find a way to eliminate him without killing him much earlier on. I guess D's mom wouldve never let that go down, but I was still shocked.

yeah D was a little sloppy, but he didn't want to grow up in that life. You can how he would talk to McNulty that he wasn't really built to follow Avon's path. Avon probably would of took him out the game, but Stringer wanted him 6 feet deep

eyes.gif
Mr Kuter wrote:

D HAD to be killed. He was so damn sloppy at every turn. The police were able to handle him with ease. Im surprised Avon didnt see it, and find a way to eliminate him without killing him much earlier on. I guess D's mom wouldve never let that go down, but I was still shocked.

yeah D was a little sloppy, but he didn't want to grow up in that life. You can how he would talk to McNulty that he wasn't really built to follow Avon's path. Avon probably would of took him out the game, but Stringer wanted him 6 feet deep

Someone explain this to me really quick because I was always confused. What was the code Prez was trying to break with the phones in season 1? Remember he was using the pages that weren't working numbers and using the location of the 5 on the phone to decipher the pager code. I understand what he was doing, but what was the number after the code was cracked? Was it simply his own pager #?

Someone explain this to me really quick because I was always confused. What was the code Prez was trying to break with the phones in season 1? Remember he was using the pages that weren't working numbers and using the location of the 5 on the phone to decipher the pager code. I understand what he was doing, but what was the number after the code was cracked? Was it simply his own pager #?

Originally Posted by DT43

Originally Posted by deepinthajeep

Originally Posted by mosdef24

i didnt understand what happened in the morgue...what was that about?
This....

The mortician switched the name cards, but what significance does that have?

to me, that was a way of signifying what dmb said.. on the corner, just saying the name "Omar" had little kids and drug dealers running scared. but that scene showed that in the outside world, Omar's name had so little significance that the mortician accidentally mixed him up with some random white dude. people on the street glorified Omar, but in the grand scheme of things he only mattered within that little bubble. 

The Wire wouldn't be what it was without scenes like that. the audience was beginning to glorify Omar in their heads over the past 5 seasons, but the writers reminded us to keep it real. Omar was just some hoodlum who left a minimal mark on society and got shot. 
I feel that. To me, that point was made when Guss had the option to include Omar's death in that night's paper and decided to pass on it. From the outside looking in, Omar was just another dead body in the hood, but to the hood, he was Omar.

This....

to me, that was a way of signifying what dmb said.. on the corner, just saying the name "Omar" had little kids and drug dealers running scared. but that scene showed that in the outside world, Omar's name had so little significance that the mortician accidentally mixed him up with some random white dude. people on the street glorified Omar, but in the grand scheme of things he only mattered within that little bubble. 

The Wire wouldn't be what it was without scenes like that. the audience was beginning to glorify Omar in their heads over the past 5 seasons, but the writers reminded us to keep it real. Omar was just some hoodlum who left a minimal mark on society and got shot. 
I feel that. To me, that point was made when Guss had the option to include Omar's death in that night's paper and decided to pass on it. From the outside looking in, Omar was just another dead body in the hood, but to the hood, he was Omar.

Originally Posted by NT2488

Originally Posted by Budweiser

He enjoyed a better death than a lot of characters.

Secondly, Marlo was no king. He was just a pawn who thought better of himself.

I disagree. There is no way Marlo was a pawn. He was the king of kings.
Chris and Snoop answered directly to him, protected him at every turn and I'm pretty sure Marlo was the only one who instilled fear in Chris or Snoop.

Not to mention his role in single-handedly monopolizing the "imports."

Everyone took the rap for him and he was the only one who was free.

Also, his final scene in season 5? Gangsta.

More gangsta than Omar, Wee-Bey, Snoop etc.

They all used weapons to make his/her point. Marlo used his fists to make his point.

Disclaimer: Marlo is not my fave character. That title belongs to Stringer.

Yeah I agree, Marlo was definitely not a pawn.

I view him as a hybrid of Stringer and Avon.

Marlo had his street side like Avon, (for instance when he killed homegirl who Avon tried to set him up with in Season 3; So cold blooded
sick.gif
) but he also had a cerebral side like Stringer.

The way he manipulated Prop Joe into setting up a meeting with Vondas just so he could find out who the drug connect was and start the process of  stealing it from him was brillant. Also he gained a ton of knowledge from Joe, learned how to "clean up" his money from him and got put on to Levy by him. He used Joe as much as he could and when he was finished had him killed so that he posed no threat to his position as leader of the co-op.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Marlo was definitely one of the more interesting characters in the series.

Originally Posted by NT2488

Originally Posted by Budweiser

He enjoyed a better death than a lot of characters.

Secondly, Marlo was no king. He was just a pawn who thought better of himself.

I disagree. There is no way Marlo was a pawn. He was the king of kings.
Chris and Snoop answered directly to him, protected him at every turn and I'm pretty sure Marlo was the only one who instilled fear in Chris or Snoop.

Not to mention his role in single-handedly monopolizing the "imports."

Everyone took the rap for him and he was the only one who was free.

Also, his final scene in season 5? Gangsta.

More gangsta than Omar, Wee-Bey, Snoop etc.

They all used weapons to make his/her point. Marlo used his fists to make his point.

Disclaimer: Marlo is not my fave character. That title belongs to Stringer.

Yeah I agree, Marlo was definitely not a pawn.

I view him as a hybrid of Stringer and Avon.

Marlo had his street side like Avon, (for instance when he killed homegirl who Avon tried to set him up with in Season 3; So cold blooded
sick.gif
) but he also had a cerebral side like Stringer.

The way he manipulated Prop Joe into setting up a meeting with Vondas just so he could find out who the drug connect was and start the process of  stealing it from him was brillant. Also he gained a ton of knowledge from Joe, learned how to "clean up" his money from him and got put on to Levy by him. He used Joe as much as he could and when he was finished had him killed so that he posed no threat to his position as leader of the co-op.
30t6p3b.gif

laugh.gif

Marlo was definitely one of the more interesting characters in the series.

This....

This.

This....

This.

What do you guys think of Hamsterdam?

Think it's a viable idea to just let drugs run wild in a controlled area rather than spending billions in the war on drugs?

Seems like the show made it seem like a good idea that got shot down for publicity reasons. Even Carcetti didn't think it was so bad on first glance, did he?

Think it's a viable idea to just let drugs run wild in a controlled area rather than spending billions in the war on drugs?

Seems like the show made it seem like a good idea that got shot down for publicity reasons. Even Carcetti didn't think it was so bad on first glance, did he?

I don't think its a bad idea at all. They even had tents set up for clean needles and disease testing didn't they?

I don't think its a bad idea at all. They even had tents set up for clean needles and disease testing didn't they?

But it legalized drugs. Great idea, but them folks in higher ain't going to let that $!+* ride out. And you can see once they isolated it, they still acted up.

But it legalized drugs. Great idea, but them folks in higher ain't going to let that $!+* ride out. And you can see once they isolated it, they still acted up.

^
Yeah, but then remember them dudes who was just jacking and robbing dudes since they all posted int he same little square. Had them all in that house ducktaped up. That's when it took a turn... then i think bodies started showing up too...

^
Yeah, but then remember them dudes who was just jacking and robbing dudes since they all posted int he same little square. Had them all in that house ducktaped up. That's when it took a turn... then i think bodies started showing up too...

Originally Posted by size twelve

i think Carcetti wasn't tripping cuz i think it was still on Royce's watch. 

Originally Posted by size twelve

i think Carcetti wasn't tripping cuz i think it was still on Royce's watch. 

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

^
bodies started popping up in season 4, hamsterdam was season 3. Bodies in the vacants = chris and snoop because of the drug wars, beefing over territory. This was the whole premise for establishing hamsterdam and it worked more or less for as long as it lasted. So yea, imo it would be better than the war on drugs, just look at portugal, holland and other nations with legalization and decriminalization. 

Originally Posted by memphisboi55

^
bodies started popping up in season 4, hamsterdam was season 3. Bodies in the vacants = chris and snoop because of the drug wars, beefing over territory. This was the whole premise for establishing hamsterdam and it worked more or less for as long as it lasted. So yea, imo it would be better than the war on drugs, just look at portugal, holland and other nations with legalization and decriminalization. 

hamsterdamn was a bad idea, those kids if it wasnt for the kids i would of gave it a shot. Baby's everywhere elementary kids just hanging out in dope-land. nah hamsterdamn is bad but lokey there are hamsterdamns all around america, there called projects. Thats why the projects had to be taken down.

In Real life high rise projects are a thing in the past, ofcourse not in corrupt NY you know.
30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom