A personal message to the writers of The Wire [Spoilers inside]

hamsterdamn was a bad idea, those kids if it wasnt for the kids i would of gave it a shot. Baby's everywhere elementary kids just hanging out in dope-land. nah hamsterdamn is bad but lokey there are hamsterdamns all around america, there called projects. Thats why the projects had to be taken down.

In Real life high rise projects are a thing in the past, ofcourse not in corrupt NY you know.
30t6p3b.gif

CAN WE CHANGE THIS TO THE OFFICIAL WIRE DISCUSSION?

I just finished all 5 seasons and it's probably the best TV show ever.  Yes I said EVER. 

Reading through this thread and some good points have been raised.

Season 1 was great.  flawless really.  D'Angelo was tooo soft and dumb for the game.  RIP Wallace.  I wish Poot got killed instead.  Wallace got done early.  Poot never developed as character and was just there alot of the time. 

Season 2 was important and wasn't that bad.  Just more white people
laugh.gif
.  I hated Ziggy and couldn't wait for something bad to happen to him.  His cousin Nick reminds me of Ben Affleck on The Town.  same guy really.  Stringer was fool for smashing Donette too but I can't blame him.  It was just bad he wifed her after killing D.  Ziggy=D'Angelo. 

Season 3 was better.  Marlo is a G.  Stringer got hustled by them business men and politians.  I guess community college classes weren't enough to school him to them white collar schemes.  He always came across as smarter than everybody and this was the 1st time we see him confused and outsmarted.  Him and Avon butting heads was crazy.

Season 4 was the best season.  The kids really showed how things come full circle.  Randy should've kept his mouth closed.  Naemond was a softy,  the apple fellllll way far from the tree and his momma was crazy.  Michael was G and made the right moves.  Herc was bonehead this season and irked me alot. 

Season 5 was a let down.  Once this man McNaulty was making up murders and the newspaper people were involved I was disappointed.  It picked up at the end and closed great. 

Random thoughts

- Never liked Cheese.  Dude was a cornball and had Prop Joe his own blood set-up

- The saddest scene was seeing Dukie turn into a dope fiend.  Only family he had.  Prez seen it coming too.

- Chris Partlow was my favorite character dude was cold-blooded but he had values in a way.  He just treated murder like a job.  I enjoyed seeing him visit his family and how he took Michael under his wing.  Smart, underated character.

- Marlo was a competitor.  He was all about his name.  My dude was intense and had people shook without speaking. Plus the way he played Joe was perfect. 

- Cutty's nurse/girl was sexy.  Hope he kept her

CAN WE CHANGE THIS TO THE OFFICIAL WIRE DISCUSSION?

I just finished all 5 seasons and it's probably the best TV show ever.  Yes I said EVER. 

Reading through this thread and some good points have been raised.

Season 1 was great.  flawless really.  D'Angelo was tooo soft and dumb for the game.  RIP Wallace.  I wish Poot got killed instead.  Wallace got done early.  Poot never developed as character and was just there alot of the time. 

Season 2 was important and wasn't that bad.  Just more white people
laugh.gif
.  I hated Ziggy and couldn't wait for something bad to happen to him.  His cousin Nick reminds me of Ben Affleck on The Town.  same guy really.  Stringer was fool for smashing Donette too but I can't blame him.  It was just bad he wifed her after killing D.  Ziggy=D'Angelo. 

Season 3 was better.  Marlo is a G.  Stringer got hustled by them business men and politians.  I guess community college classes weren't enough to school him to them white collar schemes.  He always came across as smarter than everybody and this was the 1st time we see him confused and outsmarted.  Him and Avon butting heads was crazy.

Season 4 was the best season.  The kids really showed how things come full circle.  Randy should've kept his mouth closed.  Naemond was a softy,  the apple fellllll way far from the tree and his momma was crazy.  Michael was G and made the right moves.  Herc was bonehead this season and irked me alot. 

Season 5 was a let down.  Once this man McNaulty was making up murders and the newspaper people were involved I was disappointed.  It picked up at the end and closed great. 

Random thoughts

- Never liked Cheese.  Dude was a cornball and had Prop Joe his own blood set-up

- The saddest scene was seeing Dukie turn into a dope fiend.  Only family he had.  Prez seen it coming too.

- Chris Partlow was my favorite character dude was cold-blooded but he had values in a way.  He just treated murder like a job.  I enjoyed seeing him visit his family and how he took Michael under his wing.  Smart, underated character.

- Marlo was a competitor.  He was all about his name.  My dude was intense and had people shook without speaking. Plus the way he played Joe was perfect. 

- Cutty's nurse/girl was sexy.  Hope he kept her

i think michael was my favorite character.

but yo, when they showed him robbing the rim place with that other guy, did they mean he was the next omar in the ayo sense as well?

but yo, when they showed him robbing the rim place with that other guy, did they mean he was the next omar in the ayo sense as well?

i agree that season 4 was the best season. That's one of the most astounding things about this show. it's extremely difficult for a dramatic show to eclipse the first 3 seasons. Basically with a new cast.

i agree that season 4 was the best season. That's one of the most astounding things about this show. it's extremely difficult for a dramatic show to eclipse the first 3 seasons. Basically with a new cast.

Originally Posted by size twelve

facepalm.gif

Originally Posted by size twelve

facepalm.gif

Season 1 was great.  flawless really.  'Angelo was tooo soft and dumb for the game.  RIP Wallace.  I wish Poot got killed instead.  Wallace got done early.  Poot never developed as character and was just there alot of the time. 
in his two seasons on the show what dumb thing did he do
grin.gif
?

i dont get why avon and string are so praised. at the end of the day avon gave string up and string gave up avon.....to the boys. marlo has to be one the greatest characters in tv for the simple fact he beat the system.  i also dont think he would give anybody up if he was in avons or strings postion but w/e.

i doubt that very seriously

Season 1 was great.  flawless really.  'Angelo was tooo soft and dumb for the game.  RIP Wallace.  I wish Poot got killed instead.  Wallace got done early.  Poot never developed as character and was just there alot of the time. 
grin.gif
?

i dont get why avon and string are so praised. at the end of the day avon gave string up and string gave up avon.....to the boys. marlo has to be one the greatest characters in tv for the simple fact he beat the system.  i also dont think he would give anybody up if he was in avons or strings postion but w/e.

Just finished watching all 5 seasons in about 2 weeks and it's by far the best TV I've seen. I imagine the experience of watching it from the beginning as a weekly show impacts the viewer so much more when key players are killed. I'm seriously debating picking up the box set so I can rewatch it, probably even w subtitles on to catch all the subtle intricacies littered through out. Are the extra features worth it? Only thing I've seen was this:

Just finished watching all 5 seasons in about 2 weeks and it's by far the best TV I've seen. I imagine the experience of watching it from the beginning as a weekly show impacts the viewer so much more when key players are killed. I'm seriously debating picking up the box set so I can rewatch it, probably even w subtitles on to catch all the subtle intricacies littered through out. Are the extra features worth it? Only thing I've seen was this:

Originally Posted by Pmighty

grin.gif
?

what did he do? he was the one who shot the dude at the beginning for no reason, and finally brought police attention on the Barksdales that led to The Wire. he was literally the catalyst for the entire show.
then when he went to jail he started sniffing dope and almost flipped on the entire Barksdale organization because of Wallaces death.. smh he has to know that type of %@$# is part of the game.

and there were a bunch of other random moments where he was criticized by Avon or Stringer for doing stupid ishhh.. like when he believed Bunk and McNultys bs and they got him to write a fake confession. D just wasnt fit for the game

grin.gif
?

what did he do? he was the one who shot the dude at the beginning for no reason, and finally brought police attention on the Barksdales that led to The Wire. he was literally the catalyst for the entire show.
then when he went to jail he started sniffing dope and almost flipped on the entire Barksdale organization because of Wallaces death.. smh he has to know that type of %@$# is part of the game.

and there were a bunch of other random moments where he was criticized by Avon or Stringer for doing stupid ishhh.. like when he believed Bunk and McNultys bs and they got him to write a fake confession. D just wasnt fit for the game

Originally Posted by DT43

grin.gif
?

laugh.gif
you got a point with the fake confession i forgot all about that. i was watchin like yoooo what are you doin
laugh.gif

but who did he shoot? i remember avon had him shoot that broad through the window but i dont remember him shootin a dude tho
nerd.gif

and he had a moment of weakness when he heard wallace died but he got his head back together and was goin to do the 20. string wasnt goin to take the chance tho
frown.gif

Originally Posted by DT43

grin.gif
?

laugh.gif
you got a point with the fake confession i forgot all about that. i was watchin like yoooo what are you doin
laugh.gif

but who did he shoot? i remember avon had him shoot that broad through the window but i dont remember him shootin a dude tho
nerd.gif

and he had a moment of weakness when he heard wallace died but he got his head back together and was goin to do the 20. string wasnt goin to take the chance tho
frown.gif

Season 3 and 4 are a toss up for me. Both were done with an A+ effort.....Stringer Bell will always be the shadiest, snake like, @#*%% made dude forever. He was smart, but just was too ahead of himself. Oh Brother Muzone should of had a major part in the whole series. I could see him and Omar doing major work as a tandem

Season 3 and 4 are a toss up for me. Both were done with an A+ effort.....Stringer Bell will always be the shadiest, snake like, @#*%% made dude forever. He was smart, but just was too ahead of himself. Oh Brother Muzone should of had a major part in the whole series. I could see him and Omar doing major work as a tandem

^ the second scene of the show is his trial in which he shot this dude he was beefin with. He got off and that created the show. Not to mention he gave up where weebay was at

^ the second scene of the show is his trial in which he shot this dude he was beefin with. He got off and that created the show. Not to mention he gave up where weebay was at

Back
Top Bottom