A QUICK QUESTION REGARDING THESE AIR MAX LIGHT'S(PIC)

YO,ALLL MY FELLOW NT'ERS I NEED YOUR HELP ON THIS ONE. I HAVE A BET WITH ONE OF MY BUDDIES (WHO IS ALSO A NT'ER). WHAT I NEED TO KNOW IS THIS: ARETHESE AIR MAX LIGHT'S PICTURED BELOW AN OG COLORWAY? IF SO,COULD SOMEONE SHOW PICS OF THE OG'S IF AVAILABLE OR CONFIRM THIS FOR ME. I KEEP TELLING HIMTHAT THEY ARE AN OG COLORWAY,BUT HE INSISTS THAT THEY ARE NOT,AND IS WILLING TO BET ME $20 IF HE'S WRONG. SO,PLEASE HELP ME MAKE THIS THE EASIEST 20 BUCKSI MAKE ALL YEAR,LOL! THANKS FELLAS. HOLLA... CED B.

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=mtv6eq&s=5

As far as I know, those are not an OG colorway. It was a colorway that came out around the same time as the Air Tech Challenge III retro. The first threecolorways of the ATC III retros and Air Max Light retros were all the same (sonic yellow/tropical teal, purple orange, black/red/white). I think there was afourth, a cactus, black, orange colorway that came out for both shoes.

nike-andre-agassi-air-tech-challenge-sneaks-3.jpg

mtv6eq.jpg

Originally Posted by briannnnn

As far as I know, those are not an OG colorway. It was a colorway that came out around the same time as the Air Tech Challenge III retro. The first three colorways of the ATC III retros and Air Max Light retros were all the same (sonic yellow/tropical teal, purple orange, black/red/white). I think there was a fourth, a cactus, black, orange colorway that came out for both shoes.

nike-andre-agassi-air-tech-challenge-sneaks-3.jpg

mtv6eq.jpg

U are absolutley right,homie in regard to these releasing with the atc 3's. but the thing is ,the atc's are an original color,as are the air maxlights. man,i wish someone still had a pic of the og's because these are definitely an og colorway to my knowledge. thanks for your input homie.can anybodyelse with knowledge on the subject confrim this for me? thanks. holla... ced b.

I suggest posting this in the Team AM Fam post in the showcase forum, someone there would prolly have more info for you.

Well the first ATC colorways that retroed were originals (yellow.teal, pruple, orange) even though Nike did a horrible job with them...I guess they just wantedthe Air Max Lights to piggyback off the success (
roll.gif
) the ATCs were going to have (
roll.gif
) by releasing in similar colorways.

In terms of original Air Max Light colorways, there was a white and red one with black accents (JD Sports exclusive) and also a grey/black/red colorway (?). Ican't remember any others but I don't think any of them were general releases in the States.
smh.gif

Not an OG colorway. Your friend can use that $20 to buy himself a pair of these AM Lights.

I HATE TO TELL U GUYS,BUT THESE ARE INDEED AN OG COLORWAY. DO YOUR RESEARCH.HOLLA...CED B.

yeah i picked up those am light's and the cw is based off that of the atc that released. these are not an og colourway of the airmax light. tuna629, hemight have to add some change to that 20 cause my pair came out to like 27.50
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by cedb713

I HATE TO TELL U GUYS,BUT THESE ARE INDEED AN OG COLORWAY. DO YOUR RESEARCH.HOLLA...CED B.

If they are, i would love to see some proof of this

laugh.gif
You just had 5-6 people give you an answer to yourquestion, and you are denying it as truth? NOT an OG colorway.

And turn your caps lock off.
indifferent.gif

Lol, that plan kinda backfired, didn't it...

How are you gonna ask a question, get mad at the answers, THEN tell people to do their research? If you're so sure about it, why did you ask and whydon't you provide your own "research" to your friend so you can win your $20?

I'm not 100% positive but I don't believe these were OG colors. The reason is because this was a colorway that Nike used fairly heavily in the early tomid 90s (lots of teal, and some teal yellow combos from 92-95 or so) but the AM Lights came out in 1989, so it's not likely that yellow/teal was anoriginal 1989 AM II colorway...

That, and you seem to be the only person in this thread who believes they are OG...

Edit: and correct me if I'm wrong, but those Agassi's in the same colorway posted above also came out well into the 90s. Another example of thatcolorway being used later than the AM II's original release.

Just like in the AMFAM thread, this is 100% not an OG colorway...

Why did you ask if you didn't want the answer? Take your grapes back to the JB thread and cop another pair of Fusions

IM NOT MAD AT U GUYS AT ALL,AND I APPRECIATE U GUYS INPUT,BUT LIKE I SAID I JUST FIGURED THAT I WASNT THE ONLY PERSON WHO REMEMBERS THE THREAD ABOUT A YEAR AGOABOUT THESE RELEASING,AND SOME GUY POSTED A PIC OF THE ORIGINALS IN THE EXACT SAME COLOR. HAD I NOT SEEN THIS,I WOULD'NT DISPUTE THE ISSUE...AND FOR THERECORD,THERE'S NO NEED FOR ME TO BE MAD ABOUT ANYTHING,BECAUSE I ASKED FOR U GUYS INPUT.AND JUST BECAUSE 5 OR 6 OF U GUYS DISAGREE WITH ME DOES'NT MAKEME WRONG. AND WHATS SO FUNNY IS EVEN MY HOMIE TOLD ME THAT HE FOUND OUT THAT THEY WERE INDEED AN OG COLORWAY,LOL. LIKE I SAID,DO YOUR RESEARCH. HOLLA...

CED B.

saw your post in the AMFAM thread. no these arent an OG colorway. i dont think the US got any OG Colorways that released as a GR.

Originally Posted by typecast3

yep its OG colorway

THANKS HOMIE. I KNOW MY KICKS AND THE HISTORY BEHIND THEM.GLAD TO SEE SOMEONE ELSE WITH KNOWLEDGE. THESE ARE 100% WITHOUT A DOUBT AN OG COLORWAY. AND BESIDES,IALREADY GOT THE 20 BUCKS AS PART OF THE BET.I DONT HAVE TO PROVE ANYTHING. I JUST FIGURED THERE WERE MORE KNOWLEDGEABLE NT'ERS OUT THERE.GUESS NOT.HOLLA...CED B.

i agree, please show us some proof of these being an OG colorway, people were helpful in explaining why these weren't an OG colorway, in fact the 1st threesets of air max Lights that released in the states were not OG at all

maxlight_blk_wht_sonic.jpg

maxlight_blk_org.jpg

maxlight_blk_cts_org.jpg

maxlight_blk_red.jpg

Please tell me you notice the colorblocking on these shoes, and that all 4 have a similarity, that in fact all four of which were not OG colorways

If your boy is claiming that he's wrong, well..that good for you that you get $20 out of this. But honestly, these are NOT an Original, and by Original, imean they were released back in the day in the same colorway, and was later brought back out.

If you want to INSIST that they are OG without some sort of PROOF..YES PROOF then please be our guest. Do not simply reply,"LIKE I SAID,DO YOUR RESEARCH. HOLLA... "

Originally Posted by corwinator3407

laugh.gif
You just had 5-6 people give you an answer to your question, and you are denying it as truth? NOT an OG colorway.

And turn your caps lock off.
indifferent.gif

homie,i've never gotten into it with any nt'ers,nor will i ever because thats not my style... i see that u r 20 years old,meaning u were born sometimein '88. the air max lights debuted in '89. so u r too young to even remember when these were released or the colorways originally released,fam. so withall due respect,if im gonna listen to someone on the matter,its NOT gonna be you.i would expect u to know your history,seeing that u r part of the "worldfamous" team air max family. like i said once again,do your research.holla... ced b.

do your research.holla

you should follow your own advice homie cause these aint OGs
stop trying to rob your friend and pay up the $20 spot.
you have no idea what your talking about when it comes to shoes so stop fronting like you do.
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom