A Sad Day in the Freestyle Motocross Community

Oh man, that crash was
sick.gif

R.I.P.

R.I.P. Pitbull

I'm guessing the swelling never went down enough for the doctors to fully close his skull? And in the process of lowering his body temperature to attemptto, he passed away.

I was disgusted today when I heard that he had passed away, RIP and it is a very sad day. My prayers are out to his family and friends. Do any of you think itmight have gone a little different if he was in the U.S. when this happened?

Originally Posted by JONFARR

I was disgusted today when I heard that he had passed away, RIP and it is a very sad day. My prayers are out to his family and friends. Do any of you think it might have gone a little different if he was in the U.S. when this happened?

I wonder the exact same thing. I found a video on youtube that shows the entire incident. They rolled him onto the stretcher and took his helmet off so fast. Makes you wonder if the medics there even knew proper procedure for head trauma. I think it's quite possible he'd still be alive today if this hadhappened in the States.

if you watch the X Games crash it was identical and they show his wife hysterical

I cant even imagine how she must feel, atleast he walked away from that crash

nobody deserves that fate. thats really too bad

im left disturbed by the ferocity of that crash
sick.gif
that was horrific.

RIP... Very sad stuff.

Real Talk though... At least he got to live life doing what he truly enjoyed.
Not too many people have that opportunity.

Originally Posted by stevedensmore

Originally Posted by JONFARR

I was disgusted today when I heard that he had passed away, RIP and it is a very sad day. My prayers are out to his family and friends. Do any of you think it might have gone a little different if he was in the U.S. when this happened?

I wonder the exact same thing. I found a video on youtube that shows the entire incident. They rolled him onto the stretcher and took his helmet off so fast. Makes you wonder if the medics there even knew proper procedure for head trauma. I think it's quite possible he'd still be alive today if this had happened in the States.
I saw the same video. I have been at multiple FMX events and watched enough on TV to know the "medics" there did not do a good job. Likeyou said, that helmet was off quite quickly. He was put onto the stretcher way to quickly and it didn't look like a smooth transfer like it is suppose tofor head and neck injuries but I will give them the benefit of the doubt...

But what got me is when the camera zoomed in on them taking him off. His whole body was giggling around and his head was BOBBING... They just did a mad dash toget him off the course and I don't think it was done right at all. Who knows what kind of doctors they have down there? I heard it was an American doctorthat was in for the surgery but who knows.

Its a tradgey and I don't know if I was in that sport doing those high risk tricks if I could ever do them in a 3rd world country knowing the medicalpractice is no where what it is like in the states.

Yeah, in the States they take major precaution in a situation like this. They would have secured his head and neck in a brace before moving him. Take hishelmet off as quickly as they did is what surprises me most. I am still in shock of this great loss.

Links to videos...2 different angles.

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Back
Top Bottom