A "Takeover" To Young Money Would Shut Down The Game Right Now...

Originally Posted by USAFAnt

Originally Posted by Tego Calderon El Abayarde

YM could get ethered yet their stans would claim they won

This

This

+

ISWYDT
laugh.gif

True but who would do it though?

You can't be seriously suggesting Ol Man Jigga.

I wish jay z would come with the where im from , ether type flow and just end these clowns life for atleast a couple weeks.

I think it will happen soon , Hova is to big , and the young money camp is every where.

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

If it was going to happen it'd have to come from someone who's proven and really has nothing to gain from it other than just getting it off

Like honestly if T.I.P next lp does numbers and then he comes back with that type of a record then... maybe... people will listen. Even then you still have to deal with the STANS.

Its a lose lose... I mean theres pictures of Wayne Kissing A Man Who ISN'T His Father ON THE LIPS... No credibility loss amongst those who buy/support his music. So can he really be brought down to earth by a song?

This. Add to it that these kids born in the 90s can't be told anything about Wayne or drake.

Roc Nation would take on YM easily... The thing is YM fans would still support like nothing ever happened so whether something goes down or not, it'll pass either way.

Originally Posted by ATGD7154xBBxMZ

Honestly my dude, I am...
...lemme clarify a couple things at the outset though:

- this would be a good ol' fashioned battle on wax. WWE publicity stunt? Of course, but we'd all listen and watch

- I said a "Takeover" for a reason - there was nothing subliminal about those disses in that song - he said names, repeatedly. 

- I think it would lengthen Jay's career because if he attacked Wayne, Baby, and Drake it would be the biggest battle since him and Nas; more music to make, more %$* to be argued about in the barbershop/blogs/forums/magazines, more songs to perform live, more food for his stans to eat and more ammo for his haters, etc.

As far as me picking Jay as the one to do it - who else could it be?

Pusha? Didn't work

Luda? If a tree falls in the forest, and there's no one there to hear it...

In my opinion he's the only artist that could do it and demand a response - well maybe Em too, but YMCMB hasn't been throwing shots at him the way they've been throwing them to Jay - so if Jay blazed a snappy retort, no one could say that it isn't justified...

...as far as the whole "does he still have the skill to do it" issue, that's where it'd get fun IMO - like, is this Jordan on the Bulls or Jordan on the Wizards?

As amazing of a talent as Drake is, pound for pound, bar for bar, and line for line - I still think a "Shiny Suit Theory" Shawn Corey would body him...

...and isn't Jay working on another album? Man that %*$% would sell itself.

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

- this would be a good ol' fashioned battle on wax. WWE publicity stunt? Of course, but we'd all listen and watch

- I said a "Takeover" for a reason - there was nothing subliminal about those disses in that song - he said names, repeatedly. 

- I think it would lengthen Jay's career because if he attacked Wayne, Baby, and Drake it would be the biggest battle since him and Nas; more music to make, more %$* to be argued about in the barbershop/blogs/forums/magazines, more songs to perform live, more food for his stans to eat and more ammo for his haters, etc.

Pusha? Didn't work

In my opinion he's the only artist that could do it and demand a response - well maybe Em too, but YMCMB hasn't been throwing shots at him the way they've been throwing them to Jay - so if Jay blazed a snappy retort, no one could say that it isn't justified...

...as far as the whole "does he still have the skill to do it" issue, that's where it'd get fun IMO - like, is this Jordan on the Bulls or Jordan on the Wizards?

As amazing of a talent as Drake is, pound for pound, bar for bar, and line for line - I still think a "Shiny Suit Theory" Shawn Corey would body him...

Don't think it's a question of skill, just motivation.

When him and Nas beefed they actually saw the other as worthy opponents at the end of the day, two legitimate GOAT MCs who were gunning for the top spot at the time. You think Jay sees anyone from YM as his peer in that regard? Him and Ye nearly got the biggest-selling rap album of the year worldwide (with more acclaim). NIP is blazing the charts. Successful tour going on at the moment.

What would a rap beef with YM honestly do?

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by ILL LEGAL OPERATION

Pusha? Didn't work

When him and Nas beefed they actually saw the other as worthy opponents at the end of the day, two legitimate GOAT MCs who were gunning for the top spot at the time. You think Jay sees anyone from YM as his peer in that regard? Him and Ye nearly got the biggest-selling rap album of the year worldwide (with more acclaim). NIP is blazing the charts. Successful tour going on at the moment.

"I look in the mirror, my only opponent."

Honestly Luke, it wouldn't do anything for Jay at all, unless he just feels like getting another notch under his belt. You're
definitely right about the way Jay probably views YM, especially as solo artists. I mean, regardless of the way people have
Drake on a pedestal, as a pure rapper, a Drake vs Jay battle would be a joke. Drake would be "goin in" and break out in
a serenading sonnet. You can just go down the YM and it wouldn't make a difference who to pick out. Jay would be wasting
his time and effort, and YM doesn't have the pure skill to do anything like that.

I've never been a huge Jay fan, but I really really wish he would. Dudes are starting to feel themselves over there.

why would something like this interest anyone? Old +#! Jay really? against 2 of the sweetest cream puffs goin sounds real exciting

Pointless conversation...

Just pray for lil jabs here and there...I honestly think Jay wouldnt even bother....they are not equal, he has nutin to gain.

Excuse my lack of knowledge, but what track did Drake diss Jay on?

I'm out of the loop.

You raise good points about the tour and NIP poppin' right now - yeah, it's not as if Jay's career is at a standstill and he "needs" this so to speak...
...but an attack to YMCMB on his next album would promo the hell out of it.

So to answer your final question: it would make more money...

...and to tyisny - how would Jay look like a bitter old rapper by responding to rapper that have been dissing him?

And I think some of you may be to young to remember this verse and what happened after this:

But this verse had the same warning:

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Honestly Luke, it wouldn't do anything for Jay at all, unless he just feels like getting another notch under his belt. You're
definitely right about the way Jay probably views YM, especially as solo artists. I mean, regardless of the way people have
Drake on a pedestal, as a pure rapper, a Drake vs Jay battle would be a joke. Drake would be "goin in" and break out in
a serenading sonnet. You can just go down the YM and it wouldn't make a difference who to pick out. Jay would be wasting
his time and effort, and YM doesn't have the pure skill to do anything like that.

laugh.gif
at the serenading sonnet. Funny !*%. And I like Drake.Illegal, I always thought that verse on Mr. Nice Watch was a shot at YM too.

Jay has had beef with plenty of dudes and didn't feel like giving them the time of day. he had 50, Beans, Game, Jim Jones, Camron. Jay is non confrontational anymore he doesn't fuel off beef. i would like to see it happen but it's gonna be subliminals galore

Originally Posted by Peep Game

laugh.gif
at the serenading sonnet. Funny !*%. And I like Drake. Illegal, I always thought that verse on Mr. Nice Watch was a shot at YM too

It clearly was. He wasnt even going to do a verse for Coles album until the Wayne diss leaked then all of a sudden he sends J.Cole a verse when his album is in the mastering stage around the VMAs.

"Its only about a matter of time fore' i hit yal %!*#!% wit a nice shot"

Drake vs J.Cole beef would be the funniest $#$* ever. Two soft rappers going at each other.

Back
Top Bottom