A "Takeover" To Young Money Would Shut Down The Game Right Now...

Originally Posted by gllahone84

If Jay bodies em who would care? They cater to a completely different audience...and that audience doesn't even understand the significance of battling and what it means for the genre of hip hop. Jay would have to go all out with it...and he's in a different place than he was in 01.

100% Truth.

The king of subliminals doing another "take over" style song?

laugh.gif

Ya'll need to stop ..

Originally Posted by LuketheJediKnight

Originally Posted by Peep Game

Yea the change in Jay-Z's sound wasn't really a factor in anything. From The Black Album to BP3,
Jay was nearly on every chart.

I'm not even arguing this though. I'm merely pointing to the change in sound as the main reason he saw the jump in his chart performances, instead of the decline in sales and singles (from TBA) in the overall mainstream sector that you saw with KC/AG. That's what I mean when I posted about experimentation keeping him relevant. Namesake only takes you so far (didn't say anywhere that it didn't matter either, dunno where he was getting that from), if the music doesn't appeal to the crowd that YM is currently popular with, than over time you slide into irrevelancy. This applies to every artist who caters to the casuals.
Fam Listening to MDBTF Bp3 & WTT its safe to say that Ye & Jay are'nt trying to appeal to the same audience as YM. IMO YM is getting plenty of love from the bieber/ BEP etc generation. 
While as Ye & Jay while also tapping into a broader audience, they are tapping into the older "casual Hiphop Fan" 18-25 demographic

Fam Listening to MDBTF Bp3 & WTT its safe to say that Ye & Jay are'nt trying to appeal to the same audience as YM. IMO YM is getting plenty of love from the bieber/ BEP etc generation. 
While as Ye & Jay while also tapping into a broader audience, they are tapping into the older "casual Hiphop Fan" 18-25 demographic

Fair enough. Although I've also heard plenty of people from that age range also play YM's music.

why would he waste his time and feed into their bs

the only beef i see happening is when drake eventually leaves YM...

Jay knows hes on top so him responding to them would make YM think their on his level

Its like having a maybach and someone in a chrysler 300 says their car is better then yours...why argue with stupidity

This wont ever happen but I'd like to see it. The game needs a good beef

Jay doesn't need to diss nobody, no one is on his level with the money. He has better things to do

why diss somebody that can dodge kissing a man he calls his father but isn't?
why diss somebody that sold his most records as a drug addict?

why diss somebody whose whole label "doesn't reply"?

what could Jay even gain? 
laugh.gif

not in this climate of hip hop, nowadays the young generation don't care about the history of hip hop

Kanye or Jay responding would be silly.

They skipped the whole weekend and made more noise than Wayne. Wayne has 4 career grammy wins. Kanye won 3 alone last night.

But Wayne is gonna win MTV, AMA, BET, and all the other "what do 17 year old white boys and girls want" awards, so of course, he's always gonna have some position of power.

Personally, I'm done with anything YMCMB affliated and a guy I've known for some time is about to get a heavy, HEAVY push from them soon and it sucks because I just can't stand anything going on over there, but I want to see him succeed. I've listened to some of Wayne's more recent verses on some of these songs he's featured on and getting radio play on. Jesus, this guy is putting out stuff on par with V.I.C. Get Silly. It's just terrible. But as long as it's

"YMCMB We da Biznizz$$$$ Mooulah bugatti 1000$$$" from Birdman on twitter and dudes co-signing Drake putting out music far below the quality of what he's already shown he's capable of doing, this is the world we'll live in.

Back
Top Bottom