ACA: Affordable Care Act (better known as OBAMACARE) - Enrollment Starts October 1st - You In?

and i went to the private spot with cash. im not a citizen and had no HK insurance.

That's awesome, but having some public healthcare keeps those prices in check. If left alone, insurance companies will gouge without a doubt.

Forced competition. Forced purchasing. Pretty violent if you ask me. Forced to do things against your free will?
You're forced to pay taxes.

You're forced to buy insurance if you want to drive.

You're forced to have identification.

We're forced to do a lot of things.

And as far as medical insurance going away, you think the insurance companies would let that happen? Way too much money to be lost. That **** WILL NOT happen. That's why I posted the gif. It's not even worth debating.

and i went to the private spot with cash. im not a citizen and had no HK insurance.

That's awesome, but having some public healthcare keeps those prices in check. If left alone, insurance companies will gouge without a doubt.

hong kong is the freest economy in the world. there is very little government intervention in anything. they JUST added a minimum wage which lost them a few points on their freest economy rank.

its the government that is the problem with the pricing. they essentially have no ceiling because they have almost infinite amounts of purchasing power.

So, what's the alternative to forcing people to purchase healthcare?

Have the uninsured do what they do today, which is go to the ER and be treated for "free", while others pay the bill?

OR.. have them pay cash up front before treatment, and if you can't afford it tell them to go kick rocks?

hong kong is the freest economy in the world. there is very little government intervention in anything. they JUST added a minimum wage which lost them a few points on their freest economy rank.

its the government that is the problem with the pricing. they essentially have no ceiling because they have almost infinite amounts of purchasing power.

Again, HK has maybe 8million people. You're crazy if you think the government doesn't help prices when competing in healthcare.

http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/health/hosp/overview.htm

Hong Kong citizens can enjoy subsidised medical services provided by HA.

FDR, a Progressive, had Social Security and look where its at now.
LBJ, another Progressive, had Medicare and looks where its at now.

History keeps repeating itself.
Social Security and Medicare are still here and not going anywhere.

And as far as medical insurance going away, you think the insurance companies would let that happen? Way too much money to be lost. That **** WILL NOT happen. That's why I posted the gif. It's not even worth debating.
quoted for emphasis, short term pinch on the pocket but long term it will beneficial 

Last edited:

Again, HK has maybe 8million people. You're crazy if you think the government doesn't help prices when competing in healthcare.

http://www.gov.hk/en/residents/health/hosp/overview.htm

Hong Kong citizens can enjoy subsidised medical services provided by HA.

they can doesnt mean they have to. I didnt get it I just paid cash.

if your argument on it working is becayse of the size of the population being small then its flawed to have it on the federal level in america. Different demographics and sectors in their own statewe know how to effectivelyhave your own state mandated health system instead of a federal level

thats why theyre going bankrupt like usps.

USPS was just fine until the idiots on both 'sides' pass the Postal Accountability and Enhancement Act, what they are asked to do no business public or private are asked to do. Pre-funding pensions is ridiculous.

Your not forced to do anything. You wanna work then pay taxes, if you dont want to pay taxes then dont work or move out of country

If u dont want to buy insurance then dont drive on a pulic roaD

your not forced to do anything, you made the choice

So how will this work? Do I have to pay my premiums monthly, is it due at end of year , do they take it out of my taxes???

Your not forced to do anything. You wanna work then pay taxes, if you dont want to pay taxes then dont work or move out of country

You totally missed the point. Read what I responded to. 

Secondly, you pay taxes anytime you make a purchase. 

you do know we never had an income tax before 1913 right?
you also know that if the income tax was 100% it would be considered slavery. but because its only at around a quarter of the amount, we are temporary slaves to the machine. 3 months outta the year slaves. BUT THATS OK cause its only 3 months out of the year.

So, what's the alternative to forcing people to purchase healthcare?

Have the uninsured do what they do today, which is go to the ER and be treated for "free", while others pay the bill?

OR.. have them pay cash up front before treatment, and if you can't afford it tell them to go kick rocks?

The vast majority of the people who go to the ER dont need to be anywhere near an ER. People wake up at 3 am with a cold andcome to the ER. Its ridiculous. You are having chest pain or you cant move your arm or are slurring your speech those are reasons to get to the ED as fast as you can. Even if you lacerate your finger etc all good reasons to visit the ER. Its not a good reason to come to the ER at midnight because of your mild shoulder pain that has been there for the past year. Walking throughout the halls of the ER all i see is people in stretchers playing games on their phones. If you can do that chances are you dont need to be in the ER.

This culture of going to the ER has taken the place of many people going to their primary care doc because they want it fixed now instead of waiting for a few days or even until the morning. The vast majority of people would be able to find a Primary Care Physician although I will say it is more difficult for some, but the fact of the matter is its easier to just go get it treated now rather than wait for your appointment because that is too much of an inconvenience.

To your second point of having them kick rocks. That will never happen. The ED has to see you even if you cant pay according to the EMTALA act, and the liability it subjects to physician to is outrageous if they turned you away and something happened.

Last edited:
you also know that if the income tax was 100% it would be considered slavery. but because its only at around a quarter of the amount, we are temporary slaves to the machine. 3 months outta the year slaves. BUT THATS OK cause its only 3 months out of the year.

Is there a nation where the government pays for all the citizens "perks" without any kick in from the people consuming those perks?

Srs.

The vast majority of the people who go to the ER dont need to be anywhere near an ER. People wake up at 3 am with a cold andcome to the ER. Its ridiculous. You are having chest pain or you cant move your arm or are slurring your speech those are reasons to get to the ED as fast as you can. Even if you lacerate your finger etc all good reasons to visit the ER. Its not a good reason to come to the ER at midnight because of your mild shoulder pain that has been there for the past year. Walking throughout the halls of the ER all i see is people in stretchers playing games on their phones. If you can do that chances are you dont need to be in the ER.

This culture of going to the ER has taken the place of many people going to their primary care doc because they want it fixed now instead of waiting for a few days or even until the morning. The vast majority of people would be able to find a Primary Care Physician although I will say it is more difficult for some, but the fact of the matter is its easier to just go get it treated now rather than wait for your appointment because that is too much of an inconvenience.

To your second point of having them kick rocks. That will never happen. The ED has to see you even if you cant pay according to the EMTALA act, and the liability it subjects to physician to is outrageous if they turned you away and something happened.

The point I was trying to make was that people with no insurance use the ER like its Canada and treatment is on the house. Like you said, they have to be treated. Which is why I pose the question to those against the ACA, whats their alternative to mandatory coverage?

You also know that if police were granted 100% power, we would live in a police state.

You also know that if government was 100% abolished, we would live in anarchy.

This is the problem with you and dudes like you taking your "arguments" to their illogical extremes. But y'all only do it with regard to regulations on capitalism and the "free market."

Are you really holding up pre-1913 as some "golden era" of quality of life and prosperity for all? If so, please explain. If not, then what's the point of bringing up the greatness of having no income tax during that period?

The point I was trying to make was that people with no insurance use the ER like its Canada and treatment is on the house. Like you said, they have to be treated. Which is why I pose the question to those against the ACA, whats their alternative to mandatory coverage?
yea they need to take they butt to the urgent care centers

Is there a nation where the government pays for all the citizens "perks" without any kick in from the people consuming those perks?

Srs.

they could pay for their perks themselves.

You also know that if police were granted 100% power, we would live in a police state.

You also know that if government was 100% abolished, we would live in anarchy.

This is the problem with you and dudes like you taking your "arguments" to their illogical extremes. But y'all only do it with regard to regulations on capitalism and the "free market."

Are you really holding up pre-1913 as some "golden era" of quality of life and prosperity for all? If so, please explain. If not, then what's the point of bringing up the greatness of having no income tax during that period?

no, but climbing up the ladder was alot easier to achieve. i dont get how its logical for anyone to LIKE to be taxed or accept it like its ok cause even when the income tax was at 1% when it was passed in 1913, no one gave a damb. it took a generation or two to actually follow the law and at the time it was just a simple tax form. now look where it is now, 70,000+ pages of tax laws we gotta follow. who does that benefit? government and the people that are in that field.

and anarchy doesnt mean everyones gonna go and do the wrong thing because there is no law. it just all the responsibilities fall onto the individual.

Last edited:
No lie I'm 25 years old and have been to the hospital for emergency services maybe 3 times in my entire life (2 when I was a very small child).

I recently went because my Acid reflux was getting out of control and I literally couldn't swallow anything even water. I told the ER staff what was going on and they acted clueless. They told me they could get me in to Gastro in the AM but only if I spent the night in the ER because Gastro was booked for the next several weeks and would only see new clients on an emergency status.

Anyways I spent the night saw gastro, got some pills and awaited the moment I got my bill. Now understand that I work a full time job and a part time job on the weekends and some weeknights, I'm not rich by any means but I'm doing okay for a 25 year old. My FT job charges me about 100 bucks every 2 weeks for health insurance 75 of which is going directly to medical care.

Anyways I got my bill about 3 days ago, my insurance which I have literally never used for anything is covering about 80% of the cost and somehow I still owe the hospital nearly 4 grand. Needless to say Bring on the Obamacare cuz I aint paying Cleveland clinic no where close to that.

Back
Top Bottom