Actual Pictures of Air Griffeys!

Excuse my ignorance never been a baseball Ken Griffey fan I like these sneakers alot but why the red lace loop at the bottom?

I mean other colours are Mariners colours so was it somthing for Griffey himself like his dad playing for the reds?

Being from England and baseball not really being a well recieved sport we never ever had any Griffey shoes drop here but thankgod for the internet and retrosthese are a must have for me gonna look hott with shorts all summer.

N people need to quit crying bout the air bubbles yea it dont look as great but they last longer the burst rate of these is alot less I hated 90s air maxbubbles that didnt last 5 minutes.

Peace
Scottie

big air bubble, small air bubble, hell (maybe) NO air bubble!....that shoe is GETTING COPPED!!!
you got me bent if you think imma wait to find my size and drop BREAD on the OG's just cuz the bubble is bigger.....and then only for the midsole to CRACKon some fluke day i decide to wear it.lol
GOOD JOB NIKE!!! (since NO ONE ELSE has the BALLS to say it.lol)

I dont care if the air bubble is small, all I know is that I am going to tear these apart.
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by WallyHopp

one on top of the other in a animated GIF:
d943520a4c6a62f0cfddc379bc7fc786f26fc62.gif

the bubble was so big it CUT into the shape of the black portion.

everything else is PERFECT. i applaud nike for a GREAT looking UPPER
roll.gif
this puts it into perspective, the heel was a defining look of the shoe. too bad...

Thanks for the animation wallyhopp. Nike did a great job on these, too bad I never liked any of the Griffeys

I will agree that the difference in air bubble size is more noticeable on these than on other retros that heads complain about. I would love if Nike wouldfigure out a way to mold the retros so the air bubbles look more like the OGs..maybe one day they wil. For now though these will do. Nothing really staysexactly as it did on the originals anyway, leathers, nike air on jordans, exact dimensions and c/ws yada yada. These look far less butchered than the zoomturfs, ATC's and such. Copped.

The bubbles arent going to get bigger, they dont make em like they used to....so theres no reason to complain about the bubble. The shape and materiels look okto me, unlike jordan retros so im good with these, screw the bubble. Although i wouldnt mind if it were bigger.

People need to stop complaining about the are bubbles, its never gonna get fixed
laugh.gif
. Just be happy the shoe/colorway is dropping. Same goes for any othershoe.

See, the fact that all of you are saying "oh yea, small air units, but I'll still cop" is the very reason nike doesn't give a !@#$ about howthe retro looks.

The midsole material isn't even right either, it looks like it was painted with glossy whiteout or something.

Originally Posted by DMONEY23444

The bubbles arent going to get bigger, they dont make em like they used to....so theres no reason to complain about the bubble. The shape and materiels look ok to me, unlike jordan retros so im good with these, screw the bubble. Although i wouldnt mind if it were bigger.

these are classics......big air bubble or not they still are classics...... da air bubble didnt make these shoes classic they had alot more going on
and they beat jordans retroes quality 1000%......so def copp 4 me

Originally Posted by jthagreat

Originally Posted by FIRST B0RN

Am I the only one
sick.gif
@ the size of the air bubbles?

that s!!! is disgusting. little A!! bubble.

Im tired of this small bubble nonsense! we all know why they are the way they! So people stop acting like this is new with the start of thegriffey because its been awhile now and you all bought those tiny bubble retro's too. Instead of complaing go and find OGs to bring you back to "thegood old days"..

wow...ive always wanted these shoes when i was little. The air bubble does make a a difference. The midsole looks hella bigger now.
dont know if ill cop, gotta see in person.

packersgotme, which retro was the first to show the new smaller bubbles? I have some late 05/early 06 trainer max 94s and their bubble is decent sized,although I still don't think they were the OG size. so they were definetly experimenting with sizes because this NEWER stuff is even smaller.. its goingdown in increments i tell ya. my mid to late 06 uptempo max dukes, and a pair of air 2 strong retros from late 06 showed even smaller heel bubbles than thetrainer max.. every year its going down in size. maybe its just my eyes playing tricks on me, but I wonder when that "cutoff" point was from new vs.old because its blowing my mind right now

will probably get a pair of the blue/yellows since i've never been able to find those, but I dare someone in the retros to stand next to someone in theog's! i dare them!

^ You're only saying that cuz you got like 3 pairs of OG's stashed away...
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom