Adidas Basketball 2011 thread + Possible 2011 All Star Uniforms?

adidas is doing what nike has tried to do lately which is push innovation and take risks. i agree with cornzilla, the subtleness/change of stripes positioning is great. i think it's key to a lot of people slowly falling for the stripes, but also the fact that adidas is marketing their products and pushing it through the mvp. i'll try them out this weekend, but i'm really trying ot hold myself from picking them up lol

So I'm wondering what size to get. I wear a size 12 in the Kobe vi but can fit an 11.5 even though it's a tight fit. I've heard that these have some room in the toe box so I was thinking of sizing down to an 11.5 but I've been reading that these are true to size. Any advice?

So I'm wondering what size to get. I wear a size 12 in the Kobe vi but can fit an 11.5 even though it's a tight fit. I've heard that these have some room in the toe box so I was thinking of sizing down to an 11.5 but I've been reading that these are true to size. Any advice?

Originally Posted by AZP

Don't know what to tell you, I mean they just came out. I would assume you would size down due to the lack of cushioning and material on the upper. I had to size down on my Lebron V3 which didn't have as much material on the upper compared to the v1 or v2. But it might be best to just go to the store and try them out. 

Originally Posted by AZP

Don't know what to tell you, I mean they just came out. I would assume you would size down due to the lack of cushioning and material on the upper. I had to size down on my Lebron V3 which didn't have as much material on the upper compared to the v1 or v2. But it might be best to just go to the store and try them out. 

azp i'm assuming you're talking about the crazy lights? i couldn't tell you from experience since my connect wasn't able to get my pair for me... but just wait it out til saturday and give them a shot. if you're talking about the 1.5s then i'd stick to your true size, there's room but not enough to downsize

azp i'm assuming you're talking about the crazy lights? i couldn't tell you from experience since my connect wasn't able to get my pair for me... but just wait it out til saturday and give them a shot. if you're talking about the 1.5s then i'd stick to your true size, there's room but not enough to downsize

Referring to crazy lights. I'm at school now and none of the FTL's around here even know what im talking about. I called in and everyone was just like crazy WHAT???

Referring to crazy lights. I'm at school now and none of the FTL's around here even know what im talking about. I called in and everyone was just like crazy WHAT???

AZP. I got a 10.5, my size in virtually every other shoe. The length is correct, but you are right, there is a roomy feeling throughout the shoe due to a lack of padding or liners. They do tighten around the foot, a LOT, so i would stay normal if you have to order them. If you can get somewhere to try them on, definitely do that.

DNeou, after wearing them, I have to say they are like the Hyperdunks. They perform very well, not sure of durability (although adidas has been very good in that department in the past), but they are a shoe a true adidas head needs in the collection. I don't know about the $130, I feel $100 would have made the value seem better, but they may just be an important stepping stone for the very near future.

AZP. I got a 10.5, my size in virtually every other shoe. The length is correct, but you are right, there is a roomy feeling throughout the shoe due to a lack of padding or liners. They do tighten around the foot, a LOT, so i would stay normal if you have to order them. If you can get somewhere to try them on, definitely do that.

DNeou, after wearing them, I have to say they are like the Hyperdunks. They perform very well, not sure of durability (although adidas has been very good in that department in the past), but they are a shoe a true adidas head needs in the collection. I don't know about the $130, I feel $100 would have made the value seem better, but they may just be an important stepping stone for the very near future.

duke.... i dont need to hear well in this case read need =[ lol. but as i told nene on the other thread i guess right now i can get them at 65 where a new pair of white toes may be 70-80.... smh lol we'll see how my feelings go this weekend. and are you talking OG hyperdunks? because those are the only ones i've owned, never got into the new ones

duke.... i dont need to hear well in this case read need =[ lol. but as i told nene on the other thread i guess right now i can get them at 65 where a new pair of white toes may be 70-80.... smh lol we'll see how my feelings go this weekend. and are you talking OG hyperdunks? because those are the only ones i've owned, never got into the new ones

what other colorways will these be coming out in after this first release of red/blue/limegreen & blknred?

what other colorways will these be coming out in after this first release of red/blue/limegreen & blknred?

Originally Posted by duke4005

Talked to the Regional manager for Finish Line in the Dallas area today. He said the Crazy Light is pushing extremely well, better than any non-Jordan release this year. The Grapevine Mills store had over a dozen inquiries yesterday and today asking about the release. Finally a comapny besides Nike has a wanted shoe. Just worried about the $130 tag scaring people off.

The Comfort insole adds a full ounce to the shoe. My 10.5 size weighs in at 10.8 and 11.8 with the insole switch, while the Kobe VI weighs in at 11.4.

The cushioning is the best I have felt ftom adidas as far as response and bounce. Best forefoot since the T-Mac II.

Kenji, again, speaking out of your butt. You haven't even played in the shoe yet you declare it to be bad for support. Until you try them you are best served to not speak on them. Heel cup is the same height as the Rose 1.5 and the Kobe VI.

I tried it on and right away i could tell it's not a good shoes. Too little support . Rose 1.5 is way better

Talked to the Regional manager for Finish Line in the Dallas area today. He said the Crazy Light is pushing extremely well, better than any non-Jordan release this year. The Grapevine Mills store had over a dozen inquiries yesterday and today asking about the release. Finally a comapny besides Nike has a wanted shoe. Just worried about the $130 tag scaring people off.

The Comfort insole adds a full ounce to the shoe. My 10.5 size weighs in at 10.8 and 11.8 with the insole switch, while the Kobe VI weighs in at 11.4.

The cushioning is the best I have felt ftom adidas as far as response and bounce. Best forefoot since the T-Mac II.

Kenji, again, speaking out of your butt. You haven't even played in the shoe yet you declare it to be bad for support. Until you try them you are best served to not speak on them. Heel cup is the same height as the Rose 1.5 and the Kobe VI.

I tried it on and right away i could tell it's not a good shoes. Too little support . Rose 1.5 is way better

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Hmmm, I'm not sure who is more credible here.  Someone who tried them on in store as opposed to an experienced reviewer who has logged playing time in them.  Hmmm...

Originally Posted by KenJi714

Hmmm, I'm not sure who is more credible here.  Someone who tried them on in store as opposed to an experienced reviewer who has logged playing time in them.  Hmmm...

they have been released and it looks like it's a int'l release so your best bet will be ebay

they have been released and it looks like it's a int'l release so your best bet will be ebay

Back
Top Bottom