Adidas Basketball 2011 thread + Possible 2011 All Star Uniforms?

Slept on the All Star cw and now they are all gone here in the Philippines. The only colorway that are available are some of St. Patty, Red and grey and the Bears. I went around and did not find any Breds except for one store and they are on sale for 10% off. 
I also like the Adipure. BUT the Black Red 1.5 price is really tempting with the discount, I can get it cheaper than the Adipure. 

Oh man. 
laugh.gif

Though I was able to cop the Super Beast home for 20 percent less.
happy.gif

Now I am torn between the 1.5 and Pure

Slept on the All Star cw and now they are all gone here in the Philippines. The only colorway that are available are some of St. Patty, Red and grey and the Bears. I went around and did not find any Breds except for one store and they are on sale for 10% off. 
I also like the Adipure. BUT the Black Red 1.5 price is really tempting with the discount, I can get it cheaper than the Adipure. 

Oh man. 
laugh.gif

Though I was able to cop the Super Beast home for 20 percent less.
happy.gif

Now I am torn between the 1.5 and Pure

I have never really had a pair of Adidas before and I have pre-ordered them on footlocker.com, The D.Rose colorway.. How are the cushioning on these shoes? Do they have the zoom air type feel to them? These shoes really look good.

I have never really had a pair of Adidas before and I have pre-ordered them on footlocker.com, The D.Rose colorway.. How are the cushioning on these shoes? Do they have the zoom air type feel to them? These shoes really look good.

does anyone have the Footlocker sku's for the 1.5's (white toe) and the Adirose Zero 1.0 white?

does anyone have the Footlocker sku's for the 1.5's (white toe) and the Adirose Zero 1.0 white?

Originally Posted by cornzilla

Wow thanks for the pics. They look great. I noticed the hole in the insoles while I was in the store, but they only had the crazy light sole in every shoe so I wanted to know how the comfort ones looked.
macgyver35, yeah I saw the d.rose colorway there, along with the light blue pair as well as the grey and green pair. Didn't know that they are that limited, but then again it is a special colorway. 

Also what happen with that job with adidas, you mentioned that you were interviewing with them??
adida's hiring staff SUCKS! Atleast the woman conducting interviews... 
grin.gif
 I had a legit reference and everything from my rep at adidas, and years of experience. My guy at adidas really was pulling for me to get the job too and helped me a lot and even told me he would help train me if I got a sales rep job. It's okay though. On the phone interview when they mentioned the stores I would be rep'n for, I had never heard of them, and I'm local to that area. They must be some dinky sportswear chain. I think I could be way more useful to the brand rep'n in the basketball or lifestyle/coastal category though so its not a big deal. I just hate having like 3 part time jobs right now, I'd rather have one full time job, know what I mean?
Right now though I'm a tech rep for adidas's brand ambassador program. They're working with Market Connect Group to collect feedback and conduct audits at FL, Champs, Finishline, and FA. I visit all these shops in the Bay Area on behalf of adidas and push brand goals and notify adidas of any issues/trends/damaged displays etc. I love the job, I think its helping a lot right now as adidas is gaining momentum in the States, but I really want to go full time. 
laugh.gif

Wow thanks for the pics. They look great. I noticed the hole in the insoles while I was in the store, but they only had the crazy light sole in every shoe so I wanted to know how the comfort ones looked.
macgyver35, yeah I saw the d.rose colorway there, along with the light blue pair as well as the grey and green pair. Didn't know that they are that limited, but then again it is a special colorway. 

Also what happen with that job with adidas, you mentioned that you were interviewing with them??
grin.gif
 I had a legit reference and everything from my rep at adidas, and years of experience. My guy at adidas really was pulling for me to get the job too and helped me a lot and even told me he would help train me if I got a sales rep job. It's okay though. On the phone interview when they mentioned the stores I would be rep'n for, I had never heard of them, and I'm local to that area. They must be some dinky sportswear chain. I think I could be way more useful to the brand rep'n in the basketball or lifestyle/coastal category though so its not a big deal. I just hate having like 3 part time jobs right now, I'd rather have one full time job, know what I mean?
Right now though I'm a tech rep for adidas's brand ambassador program. They're working with Market Connect Group to collect feedback and conduct audits at FL, Champs, Finishline, and FA. I visit all these shops in the Bay Area on behalf of adidas and push brand goals and notify adidas of any issues/trends/damaged displays etc. I love the job, I think its helping a lot right now as adidas is gaining momentum in the States, but I really want to go full time. 
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by macgyver35

grin.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah have 3 part time jobs suck, but anything to pay the bill right? Sorry to hear you didn't get the job but from what you explained it seemed like something that you wasn't interested in anyways.
laugh.gif
if that makes any sense. It's just that I don't understand how you can have such a great reference and be apart of their brand ambassador program still not get the job. I mean you seem knowledgeable about the company and it's products and you are definitely have a passion for it (why else would you post on a internet forum about sneakers?). It just doesn't make sense.

BTW what is this ambassador program is it like a part time job or something?

grin.gif
laugh.gif
Yeah have 3 part time jobs suck, but anything to pay the bill right? Sorry to hear you didn't get the job but from what you explained it seemed like something that you wasn't interested in anyways.
laugh.gif
if that makes any sense. It's just that I don't understand how you can have such a great reference and be apart of their brand ambassador program still not get the job. I mean you seem knowledgeable about the company and it's products and you are definitely have a passion for it (why else would you post on a internet forum about sneakers?). It just doesn't make sense.

grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm not too worried about missing out on that sales rep job. I'm considering grad school now so I can get my MBA. I'm thinking marketing...we'll see. My GPA is
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

The brand ambassadorship program is pretty much just a market research job, MCG is the market research company, and adidas is a client of theirs. It's to help push adidas brand goals to store  managers and employees and create an open dialogue of feedback between retail associates and adidas sales/marketing/and product divisions. My hours got cut down for this month, but its a lot of driving around to various FLs etc. and collecting feedback and sharing info/answering questions about adidas products with store managers and associates. I like the job a lot and I've met some really cool people from adidas in sales/basketball marketing and we've established a good relationship, which will come in handy for me in the long run when it comes to grad school references and a full time position. Always good to know someone in the industry. I've been a tech rep for the brand for a little over a year and half now, and I can say with confidence that adidas does listen to the feedback provided by me and other reps. I like to come in here too and share info as well as relay some of NT's feedback in my reports to adidas.

I got an email today from my guy at adidas and he said pre-orders of the adiZero Crazy Light did EXTREMELY well. They sold through 80%!!
eek.gif

So who ever says no one is buying adidas is tripping 
eyes.gif

grin.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Yeah, I'm not too worried about missing out on that sales rep job. I'm considering grad school now so I can get my MBA. I'm thinking marketing...we'll see. My GPA is
embarassed.gif
laugh.gif

The brand ambassadorship program is pretty much just a market research job, MCG is the market research company, and adidas is a client of theirs. It's to help push adidas brand goals to store  managers and employees and create an open dialogue of feedback between retail associates and adidas sales/marketing/and product divisions. My hours got cut down for this month, but its a lot of driving around to various FLs etc. and collecting feedback and sharing info/answering questions about adidas products with store managers and associates. I like the job a lot and I've met some really cool people from adidas in sales/basketball marketing and we've established a good relationship, which will come in handy for me in the long run when it comes to grad school references and a full time position. Always good to know someone in the industry. I've been a tech rep for the brand for a little over a year and half now, and I can say with confidence that adidas does listen to the feedback provided by me and other reps. I like to come in here too and share info as well as relay some of NT's feedback in my reports to adidas.

I got an email today from my guy at adidas and he said pre-orders of the adiZero Crazy Light did EXTREMELY well. They sold through 80%!!
eek.gif

So who ever says no one is buying adidas is tripping 
eyes.gif

So I got my Crazylight yesterday and comparing it to Hyperfuse, Kobe VI & Kobe V...
Talk about "trimming down the fat" but Adidas did just that with the Crazylights...

- Mid-Sole, Out-Sole, Upper Material trimmed down to almost 1/2 (Talking about materials utilized)

I still don't know about performance, but probably I'd take my fellow NTers word for that... 
happy.gif

Just like they say "The future is now"... 
happy.gif

So I got my Crazylight yesterday and comparing it to Hyperfuse, Kobe VI & Kobe V...
Talk about "trimming down the fat" but Adidas did just that with the Crazylights...

- Mid-Sole, Out-Sole, Upper Material trimmed down to almost 1/2 (Talking about materials utilized)

I still don't know about performance, but probably I'd take my fellow NTers word for that... 
happy.gif

Just like they say "The future is now"... 
happy.gif

Talked to the Regional manager for Finish Line in the Dallas area today. He said the Crazy Light is pushing extremely well, better than any non-Jordan release this year. The Grapevine Mills store had over a dozen inquiries yesterday and today asking about the release. Finally a comapny besides Nike has a wanted shoe. Just worried about the $130 tag scaring people off.

The Comfort insole adds a full ounce to the shoe. My 10.5 size weighs in at 10.8 and 11.8 with the insole switch, while the Kobe VI weighs in at 11.4.

The cushioning is the best I have felt ftom adidas as far as response and bounce. Best forefoot since the T-Mac II.

Kenji, again, speaking out of your butt. You haven't even played in the shoe yet you declare it to be bad for support. Until you try them you are best served to not speak on them. Heel cup is the same height as the Rose 1.5 and the Kobe VI.

Talked to the Regional manager for Finish Line in the Dallas area today. He said the Crazy Light is pushing extremely well, better than any non-Jordan release this year. The Grapevine Mills store had over a dozen inquiries yesterday and today asking about the release. Finally a comapny besides Nike has a wanted shoe. Just worried about the $130 tag scaring people off.

The Comfort insole adds a full ounce to the shoe. My 10.5 size weighs in at 10.8 and 11.8 with the insole switch, while the Kobe VI weighs in at 11.4.

The cushioning is the best I have felt ftom adidas as far as response and bounce. Best forefoot since the T-Mac II.

Kenji, again, speaking out of your butt. You haven't even played in the shoe yet you declare it to be bad for support. Until you try them you are best served to not speak on them. Heel cup is the same height as the Rose 1.5 and the Kobe VI.

that's good to hear. i hope the adidas line keeps on getting stronger. i'm hoping for another 90s run for basketball shoes options!

that's good to hear. i hope the adidas line keeps on getting stronger. i'm hoping for another 90s run for basketball shoes options!

^ duke you think the commercial has anything to do with it? I would have copped regardless since Rose had a pair but wonder without the commercial how people would have viewed them. I mean older guys at my gym were asking if the red crazy 8's were the 9.8's lol

^ duke you think the commercial has anything to do with it? I would have copped regardless since Rose had a pair but wonder without the commercial how people would have viewed them. I mean older guys at my gym were asking if the red crazy 8's were the 9.8's lol

No doubt the commercials are a HUGE part. Most of the people asking about mine asked if they were the "new 9.8's". When I told them that was the weight they looked stunned.

No doubt the commercials are a HUGE part. Most of the people asking about mine asked if they were the "new 9.8's". When I told them that was the weight they looked stunned.

@macgyver nice, looking forward to more info about the brand. 
I kinda expected the crazy lights to sell, they have a great product being pushed by the MVP. The design is so different for an adidas shoe, mostly because the stripes are as intrusive in the design as it is in the other shoes that they make. 

I mean every b-ball shoe they have made has the three stripes running down the side of the shoe. Adipures, promodels, super beast.... but when they took that away the designs have drastically changed for the better, adirose 1.0, 1.5, crazy lights. This looks like a good direction for the brand especially after that whole "team" concept that they had a couple years back

laugh.gif
 @duke it's funny that people thought the crazy 8's were those 9.8's especially when they commercial show the shoes.

@macgyver nice, looking forward to more info about the brand. 
I kinda expected the crazy lights to sell, they have a great product being pushed by the MVP. The design is so different for an adidas shoe, mostly because the stripes are as intrusive in the design as it is in the other shoes that they make. 

I mean every b-ball shoe they have made has the three stripes running down the side of the shoe. Adipures, promodels, super beast.... but when they took that away the designs have drastically changed for the better, adirose 1.0, 1.5, crazy lights. This looks like a good direction for the brand especially after that whole "team" concept that they had a couple years back

laugh.gif
 @duke it's funny that people thought the crazy 8's were those 9.8's especially when they commercial show the shoes.

adidas is doing what nike has tried to do lately which is push innovation and take risks. i agree with cornzilla, the subtleness/change of stripes positioning is great. i think it's key to a lot of people slowly falling for the stripes, but also the fact that adidas is marketing their products and pushing it through the mvp. i'll try them out this weekend, but i'm really trying ot hold myself from picking them up lol

Back
Top Bottom