Adidas Basketball shoes

Been thinking about getting some Adidas to ball in. Any suggestions? I'm a guard who likes to slash to the rim. Looking for comfort, durability and goodankle support.

get the commanders. they are 79.98 at finish line. great performance shoe with very good comfort and ankle support. check duke4005s review...both he and iposted a full review in the thread on the shoes. its a big man shoe but they are pretty light and have a good transition while still being very protective.

TS Creator. I played in my pair for the first time today, and they are awesome. I rotate hyperdunks, xxi pe, and 2k4s, and overall these are as good or betterthan any of those. Here is a slightly more detailed breakdown:

Fit: The Creators start off feeling a bit clunky, need to break in. I have a treadmill at home so I just threw them on and ran a few miles to break them in,and fit improved from a 6 to an 8. After playing a few games and retightening the laces, fit jumped to a 10/10. Lots of nice foam to mold to your foot, andcomfort was awesome. I ordered these online in my normal size 10 by the way, no issues.

Support: Nice wide base of support with a strong outrigger, this shoe is very stable with no hint of rollover whatsoever. The ankle coverage is decent, not toolow. And since the ankle collar is a soft material, it feels snug and secure but at the sme time is flexible and doesn't hinder your ankle flexion even ifyou tie it really tight all the way up. After a few games and retightening the laces, lockdown was solid.

Cushioning: Cushioning was great. Soaked up all impacts, didn't feel especially firm or soft. It just works. My feet, knees and back still felt great after2 hours, unlike with xxi pes or 2k4s where everything is a little sore. You don't "feel" the cushioning like with zoom, but to tell you the truthI prefer it that way. Any time I "feel" the cushioning in a shoe, I feel as if it is sapping my energy. Try jumping while standing on a hard floor vsjumping while standing on a wrestling mat or something like that, you will see what I mean.

Traction: Very good. Gym floor is medium dusty, and all I needed to do was wipe the soles every so often. Not as good as the xxi pe, but on a par with the 2k4and way better than hyperdunks.

Transition: Awesome. A little clunky at first, but very smooth after breaking in a bit. Best transition of all the shoes mentioned above. I didn't noticethe formotion doing anything in particular, but the shoe felt very easy to cut and manouver in so maybe it helped.

Bottom line, these shoes are great. Get them. I will probably pick up another pair when these go on sale, they are sweeeet. I think they would be great for allpositions.

If they put clima cool int he creators then I would cop. Also more colors in non-patent would also help.

thanks for the tip, mt. will cop another pair. love these shoes.

by the way, the insole on these is pretty nice. a little thicker than normal, and very dense. reminds me of the ZLvi insole a little, but of course nowherenear as crazy thick. i had to take them out to put in my orthotics, but they are so nice compared to the garbage insoles that come with most shoes, I slippedem into my chucks and i must say, they feel great.

i agree w/ freaky re the colors. it is especially puzzling that there are so few white based colorways of this shoe.

Thanks to duke4005 and mt3130 my basketball shoes are now the commanders. Been wearing the commanders for a few weeks now and no regrets at all. I did try onthe creators when I purchased the commanders and they weren't as comfortable out of the box as the commanders. The creators felt narrow. As mighty727mentioned, I'm sure they will be great once they have been broken in. In my opinion the commanders didn't need any breaking in time. They were greatright out of the box and have not disappointed.

Love them and will probably grab another pair when they go on sale even more.

And thanks for the review mighty727, for I highly considered the creators at first. I will try to get a pair of these too when they get a little cheaper aswell.

I felt that the Commanders were very stiff when I tried it on the other day, and the ankle strap gets in the way.
I just want to hear some opinions, what are the pros and cons of both?, from someone that has both.
Right now, I want the Creators, but I am starting to lean to pick up some Commanders if that will help me
improve my rebounding game.

"Right now, I want the Creators, but I am starting to lean to pick up some Commanders if that will help me
improve my rebounding game."

Practice and hard work are the only things that will help you improve your rebounding game. I mean, Bill Russell had a top notch rebounding game in low Chucks,and Rodman kept up his boarding skills while wearing some fugly and uncomfortable Converse after Nike dropped via a crotch kick to a reporter, so...

if you want to pick up more boards, shoes won't do it for you. i would offer three tips: (1) jump rope to help you get off the floor on those quickreflexive jumps, (2) get in the habit of holding your hands higher, at least shoulder height while positioning yourself, (3) when going for offensive boards,spin off of boxouts.

A friend of mine got the Duncan commanders, they looked great and he said they were his new favorite shoes.

Re the Creators, don't be too put off by the out of the box fit. It WILL suck. If I tried these on at a store, I would not have picked them up, which wouldhave been tragic since they have now become my favorite pair of bball kicks.

thanks for all the tips guys. and the sneaker history I had no idea about.
I am tempted to pick up both, Maybe the 2nd one when theres some slickdeal price on em.

Hey mighty727, because of you I might have to give the Creators a try now too. I'll definitely try to get them when they go down a little bit more.

Prince, I'm not sure if there's a Sports Authority buy one get 2nd 50% off going on. But if you were to purchase a pair of commanders and a pair ofcreators seperately at your local Finishline and used the $10 off coupon it would turn out cheaper than Sports Authorities buy one get one 50% at retail price. Finishline.com also carries more colorways than Sportsauthority.com does, I believe. There are also a lot of coupon codes for Finishline.com in the Nikesection in the Coupons thread.

mt3130 - I was looking through some pictures a while back and I could've swore on Howards Commanders, he didn't even have a strap. Hmm... Can'tremember where.

There's going to be a new version of the creators coming out soon. In case you guys dunno
29f363e24c002adb4d49e88e8148d5b99ae63d5b.jpg

The Howard Commanders without the strap is in the Feb 2009 Slam issue, slam up poster. Just remembered out of no where, haha.

Back
Top Bottom