ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

The white textile seems totally grey to me. Hope that isn't how it will turn out. The synthetic leather in white looks awesome but not convinced how it would feel to play ball in.

Lack of sole options is a bit of a disappointment.

And agreed with what's been stated, textile upper option is tough to really tell what the pattern will be.

It's on the US website too but you have to go to the basketball shoe section and then scroll all the way down and the preview pics aren't working so you have to click on it.

Their gum sole offerings looks more yellow/gold than actually brown, is that the image on the website?

not even into crazy colorways anymore but I sort of want this gucci colorway :wow:

View media item 2175861

Last edited:
The white textile seems totally grey to me. Hope that isn't how it will turn out. The synthetic leather in white looks awesome but not convinced how it would feel to play ball in.

Probably like how the "white" retail pair gonna look like (grey). Synthetic leather option on mi adidas for the Rose 6 was soft. Broke in quickly. Creased really easily too (as it should). The jacquard is thicker so I don't know if the synthetic will change the fit.

I might have to pull the trigger on these. Trying to get a discount code. The uppers color does look a little off though. 

Last edited:
Hello NHKB, my Alberta friend. But yeah for sure the textile upper is Jaquard just like the miadidas Lillard 2. I was able to get my "Liberty" CW for $90USD thnx to a forum user and I am just waiting for that black/purple/teal that has already been released in Asia. I hope we will get that CW. And if anyone wants to see how the gum outsole will look like just search for the custom Lillard 2 as I have seen a few with the gum bottoms and for sure it doesn't look as good as the Lillard 2 "Home". IMO adidas missed out due to the lack of nice color options for the Lillalrd 2 especially the grey/black pattern on the textile upper when all and most wanted just a plain textile upper.

FTL launch has the Wiggins Home dropping Oct. 1(as we already established) but also a Swaggy P PE. Please don't let them be the white on whites :x

edit:

maybe I'm seeing things but that might be an SP logo on those whites in that Eastbay catalog photo :smh:

Last edited:
Is it from the Eastbay catalog that came in the mail last week?

I got it and browsed through it but didn't notice anything.

Last edited:
I balled in the Crazy Explosive today for the first time. I LOVE THEM! I am a 35 year old ex college player that has a loooot of miles on me... and these were great on my legs. I am going to stack up on these

The boost in the (forefoot/heel) of the Rose 6 feels better than the CE to me. I feel a little lump on the left/right forefoot as well (not sure if it's because of the groove on the outsole or a defect). Gonna try the Rose 7 next.

The boost in the (forefoot/heel) of the Rose 6 feels better than the CE to me. I feel a little lump on the left/right forefoot as well (not sure if it's because of the groove on the outsole or a defect). Gonna try the Rose 7 next.
Would you say court feel is better on the CE compared to the rose 6? For me, the rose 6 was a bit much underneath for my liking. I definately like the CLB 16 for being lower but the fit wasn't great for me unless I tried to put my foot to sleep.

Last edited:
Mid-October for the black pair. The AW pair grew on me a 'lil. Copping the black pair only though.

f97.gif

I experienced the same thing.  I tried on an all-red pair and I couldn't even feel any "bounce" or feedback from the boost (heel nor forefoot).  At least I'm not the only one.  Maybe there are defective pairs floating around (AGAIN, smh.....)

FTL launch has the Wiggins Home dropping Oct. 1(as we already established) but also a Swaggy P PE. Please don't let them be the white on whites :x

edit:

maybe I'm seeing things but that might be an SP logo on those whites in that Eastbay catalog photo :smh:
:nerd:

What website is that?
Hello NHKB, my Alberta friend. But yeah for sure the textile upper is Jaquard just like the miadidas Lillard 2. I was able to get my "Liberty" CW for $90USD thnx to a forum user and I am just waiting for that black/purple/teal that has already been released in Asia. I hope we will get that CW. And if anyone wants to see how the gum outsole will look like just search for the custom Lillard 2 as I have seen a few with the gum bottoms and for sure it doesn't look as good as the Lillard 2 "Home". IMO adidas missed out due to the lack of nice color options for the Lillalrd 2 especially the grey/black pattern on the textile upper when all and most wanted just a plain textile upper.
Thank you. That's good to know.

Ya the custom gum bottoms isn't the same as the retail ones.

I experienced the same thing.  I tried on an all-red pair and I couldn't even feel any "bounce" or feedback from the boost (heel nor forefoot).  At least I'm not the only one.  Maybe there are defective pairs floating around (AGAIN, smh.....)
Def a defect.  CE's are just slightly less bouncy ultra than boost runners.... 

Last edited:

Def a defect.  CE's are just slightly less bouncy ultra than boost runners.... 
Gotcha, I'll try on a different pair.  I loved the way the UltraBoosts felt when I tried them on.  They were low to the ground but the forefoot had impact protection and really good bounce (like crazy good).  If the right pair felt like that I'd stock up on a ton of them.  I experienced the same thing with the Rose 6, I went through 4 pairs where the Boost felt like:

A. Felt like nothing (very little bounce and basically only a hard foam)

B. 1 pair had crazy soft impact protection and bounce

Back
Top Bottom