ADIDAS BBall Boost Thread - BYW, Crazy Explosive & Crazy Light & OTHER BBALL ADJACENT SNEAKERS

Very smooth heel-to-toe transitioning. The outsole shank is flexible and unnoticeable to me regardless of first impression. Continental rubber plus the outsole pattern is possibly the best I've played in. I usually wipe and/or apply saliva to most soles for grip out of habit but in these it didn't cross my mind at all. Boost is very forgiving and delivers on performance and energy return. Regardless of how boost feels to the touch or just trying them on, I highly suggest that if you're getting them to ball in then ball in them first before making judgements. Plenty of cushioning throughout. The sizing is a bit funky. For me, they run a 1/2 size big but I prefer a snug fit. I was able to fit in a full size smaller with a thin sock. My gripe is the heel lockdown. It's not a major issue, but because of the heel-cut and lack of shoelace eyelets, I had to tighten the laces a bit extra. For reference, I'm a 6'1", 210lb all-around player that runs all 40 minutes of rec league games.

Great review! I agree on everything . Heel slip is there but it isn't bad

Explosives should be on MY feet next week.
Excellent 
glasses.gif

One of my buddies has the black clb 2016s. So nice in person. Will either get those or wait for then primeknit version (I think those look great).

Hoping the Rose 7s drop soon. Excited to try those out too.

Really? October first? Can you write the source?

adidas has pushed things up before (D Lillard 2 Aways, CLB 2.5 Harden PEs), but that is the date. Other retailers sometimes drop them early (ex. USA and Gray CL16s).

I guess it would make sense in terms of the regular season timeline, but that's a long ways away.  I don't like how so many shoes are launched in the off season only to see the amazing colorways release much, much later, if at all.

So far I only like the USA, but I'll take the other colorways if exclusions are lifted anywhere.  Still haven't seen them for under retail online anywhere.

Just did some basketball drills in the harden USA Crazylight boost 2016 and love them. My favorite pair of shoes to ball in prior to these are the Kobe iv and huaraches 2k4 and these out of the box seem better than them already!

When I went to the court these shoes literally was making suction noises as I was moving on the court. These are the best traction shoes I ever worn.

Cushion wise- comfy they felt like the first time I played in the Kobe iv but it seems more sturdy.

Size- I wear an 9.5 in ultraboost and 9 in Nikes
I went with a 8.5, they feel snug and comfortable for me and don't have any issues with lockdown.

This shoe is like the Kobe iv, V, and vi all combined into one shoe.

I only played in these for 25 mins and plan to go at least 2 hours on Saturday before I give it GOAT status but so far I'm loving it!

Ive been playing in these for the past 2 weeks and I find the heel lockdown to be an issue. Especially in a low if the heel is not secure then shoe is useless for bball. With mid and hi tops if there is heel slipping then this can usually be corrected with a tighter lacing or thinner insole but in this case its not possible cus the lacng is minimal and the insole is thin.

At first i thought it was an issue with my socks but having tried 2-3 different pairs its not made any difference, I went half size down for the "snug" fit having seen some early comments on heel slippage but this seems to be caused by the heavy midsole compounded by the padding on the heel collar which allows your heel to slip. On a number of occasions my left shoe came off my foot entirely and after that I was done with the shoe.

The cushion is decent and the traction is good (perhaps too good being a factor in the heel slipping) but the lockdown is poor and the lacing dosent allow for good enough adjustment.

Im disappointed with the fit on this shoe I was hoping it was going to be a good performer, I was even overlooking the weight of the shoe (being a low it weighs as mush as a lebron) but Im not usually into lows cus of the lack of ankle support but if the shoe is coming off my foot in games then it’s a wrap.

Im gonna try the new hyperduk to see if it offers any better lockdown for the same money.

Last edited:
The Harden symbol is so awful. Looks like a 5 year old came up with that in like 10 minutes.

Ive been playing in these for the past 2 weeks and I find the heel lockdown to be an issue. Especially in a low if the heel is not secure then shoe is useless for bball. With mid and hi tops if there is heel slipping then this can usually be corrected with a tighter lacing or thinner insole but in this case its not possible cus the lacng is minimal and the insole is thin.

At first i thought it was an issue with my socks but having tried 2-3 different pairs its not made any difference, I went half size down for the "snug" fit having seen some early comments on heel slippage but this seems to be caused by the heavy midsole compounded by the padding on the heel collar which allows your heel to slip. On a number of occasions my left shoe came off my foot entirely and after that I was done with the shoe.

The cushion is decent and the traction is good (perhaps too good being a factor in the heel slipping) but the lockdown is poor and the lacing dosent allow for good enough adjustment.

Im disappointed with the fit on this shoe I was hoping it was going to be a good performer, I was even overlooking the weight of the shoe (being a low it weighs as mush as a lebron) but Im not usually into lows cus of the lack of ankle support but if the shoe is coming off my foot in games then it’s a wrap.

Im gonna try the new hyperduk to see if it offers any better lockdown for the same money.
Your review sheds some light , Thank you for sharing

but i find it contradicting with the others regarding the heel slippage

some says its perfect and some say its not 

Sounds about right to me. I think everyone should try on. I had similar issues

Probably still going to give the CL boost a go, but hearing more about imperfect heel lockdown makes me wonder if maybe I'll go the crazy xplosive or rose 7 route instead

Very smooth heel-to-toe transitioning. The outsole shank is flexible and unnoticeable to me regardless of first impression. Continental rubber plus the outsole pattern is possibly the best I've played in. I usually wipe and/or apply saliva to most soles for grip, often out of habit but in these it didn't cross my mind at all. Boost is very forgiving and delivers on performance and energy return. Regardless of how boost feels to the touch or just trying them on, I highly suggest that if you're getting them to ball in then ball in them first before making judgements. Plenty of cushioning throughout. The sizing is a bit funky. For me, they run a 1/2 size big but I prefer a snug fit. I was able to fit in a full size smaller with a thin sock. My gripe is the heel lockdown. It's not a major issue, but because of the heel-cut and lack of shoelace eyelets, I had to tighten the laces a bit extra. Before boost, I always played in zoom and while it's great for a low-profile court feel, it doesn't compare to boost, at least to me, in terms of long-term joint protection. For reference, I'm a 6'1", 210lb all-around player that runs all 40 minutes of rec league games.

FIRST THANK YOU FOR THE REVIEWS

So we have here two brothers who played with the CLB16 and had the same issue on the heel lockdown

I was so high and looking forward on purchasing one tomorrow with the Harden USA PE

ILL PASS on the CLB16

and wait for the review of DROSE7 and the Crazy Explosive

Goodluck to those purchasing the CLB16

Damn... was really looking forward to the black and white release tomorrow. I might buy it still cause its cheap and good enough for a casual shoe. Disappointed as ****. I was hoping this was going to be my shoe of the year for basketball.

So you guys see a couple of people with heel slip issues and you're not even going to try them for yourself?  Haha.  I believe them, but they're sharing their experiences.  I've liked shoes people hated and I've hated shoes people liked.

It's not like you can't go through Adidas.com and return them for free if they don't work out.

I'm not going to defend the shoe since I haven't tried it yet, but that's the point.  There is too much potential to not try them myself on court.  Tons of people had issues with the Lillard 1 and I played in them just fine except for needing to lace them tightly.  So many complaints about XX9's, CF Drives, Hyperdunks and really great shoes that if I listened to a few of them I would have missed out on some of my favorite shoes.

But hey, do you. For me it's like a new food and drink.  I would rather take a sip and know whether I like it or not, then refuse to try it at all.

Great point, i picked these up last week and have been wearing around house went down from size 11 in kd8 to 10 in these. Will be balling this weekend to give input on the heel slip but haven't noticed it all. The sole on this shoe is amazing and cushion you can feel from just walking but I feel this boost needs to be activated from playing in them to really reap the benefits.

So you guys see a couple of people with heel slip issues and you're not even going to try them for yourself?  Haha.  I believe them, but they're sharing their experiences.  I've liked shoes people hated and I've hated shoes people liked.

It's not like you can't go through Adidas.com and return them for free if they don't work out.

I'm not going to defend the shoe since I haven't tried it yet, but that's the point.  There is too much potential to not try them myself on court.  Tons of people had issues with the Lillard 1 and I played in them just fine except for needing to lace them tightly.  So many complaints about XX9's, CF Drives, Hyperdunks and really great shoes that if I listened to a few of them I would have missed out on some of my favorite shoes.

But hey, do you. For me it's like a new food and drink.  I would rather take a sip and know whether I like it or not, then refuse to try it at all.

I tried my TTS and a half size down in the store last week. I experienced heel slip with both sizes but that was with regular thin socks. Hearing multiple stories on heel slip, I'd rather not chance it and spend my money elsewhere. But if you would be willing to try it out despite the negative comments about heel slip, that's you. I'm still copping though because I'm feeling the black and white silhouette for casual wear.
I'm just disappointed, from a basketball standpoint, from all these negative comments I'm hearing (outside of this forum) about heel slip. This was going to replace my beloved Kobe 9 elites with full zoom.

Last edited:
Gonna have to order a pair off adidas and try on as no store close by as them. adidas fit being sloppy is no surprise. YOU need to try on different sizes on yourself, maybe it'll work for you while others won't. The saying, everybody's foot is different applies to adi 100% in regard to finding the right fit.

So so close to perfection. I really wanted to love the CLB16 but the annoying minor heel slip is keeping it out of my top rotation. All of my other shoes have no issues with lockdown but then again they are all mids. Most people won’t notice it but I know it could be better. The shoe excels in every category, especially traction and cushioning but that slippage is like 

https://schwollo.com
Another reviewer having a problem with the CLB16

he bought his TTS 11us and half size down 10.5us

after 2 weeks he still have the problem of heel slippage on both sizes

he cannot fit in 10us so do not suggest it :smile:

maybe the primeknit clb16 will fix the issue

Back
Top Bottom